It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

APPRECIATION - The Holiest Vibe! (God is Appreciation, God is Gratitude, God is Thankfulness, God is

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I've been always searching. Is God "Love" or "Happiness" or "Peace". If God is really in all things and he is forming things from himself, or if God is just in general the creator, I think God would be Appreciation!

God is the sculpture of all that exists. He sculpts the evil and the good, just like the painter paints the beautiful outdoors and the wickedness of the mind.

So, appreciate every single being's existence and appreciate all of the circumstances in life!

Not only would that help you see through the eyes of the ultimate creator, it also feels really, really good.

If you want to say a few things that you appreciate in life, that is awesome!
If you just want to discuss my opinion or why you agree or disagree that is awesome as well!

I appreciate ALL of your responses!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I wonder what God is too. The NDEers say that God is love, but I wonder if they saw love at their "death" and thought it must be God because it was present at a time when you would expect to see God, or if God is in fact love. Appreciation definitely is a good vibe, but I'm not sure if appreciation and love can really be said to be the creator of the universe. How would that work?

Life and the universe are one and the same if you ask me. A living being is just as much the universe as an inanimate rock. That is why I think the essence of life itself is what God is. I think God would be the most neutral singularity there can be. Everything is in God, so that includes good and evil. The essence of life is what I believe to be God. Appreciation would be the way to a higher quality of life though.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Appreciation definitely is a good vibe, but I'm not sure if appreciation and love can really be said to be the creator of the universe. How would that work?

Easy, he has a natural appreciation of his creation and when you live your life in appreciation you see through his eyes.

Life and the universe are one and the same if you ask me. A living being is just as much the universe as an inanimate rock. That is why I think the essence of life itself is what God is.

Exactly, all things are creation, and all things are given life through the appreciation of the creator. So the rock is a living thing. Something that is being equally appreciated by the creator.

I think God would be the most neutral singularity there can be. Everything is in God, so that includes good and evil.

Exactly, God is not a living thing so God does have to categorize things into "Good" or "Evil" for survival. God created it all and is appreciating it all. There is no bias or favoritism here.

Appreciation would be the way to a higher quality of life though.

Of course, it is like syncing your mind to the creator's mind.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

God simply is. The high master creator of this matrix. About who he is personally it is harder to say, but when you understand what we experience here on 3d, this corporeal realm, you understand a bit more about life.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Ok, I want feedback though. Why do you disagree?
edit on 19-1-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Ok, I want feedback though. Why do you disagree?
edit on 19-1-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

Did I disagree in some way? I do not think so, I only added some thoughts on the thread. If yo see any disagreeing simply tell me what it is and I will be more than pleased to clarify it.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Sir,

I have to ask this:

What do you define as God?

You say that God is "forming things from himself." Is this true for objects that destroy themselves, or that are complete failures? Take any example from the known universe (i.e.: stars, planets, solar systems). Does this logically mean that God destroys himself, or is himself a complete failure? Why would you want a divine creator to take the credit for such failings?

At the very root of your post; the very idea I disagree with the most, is your premise that God even exists. If you don't mind me asking, what proof do you have?

Wouldn't this "creation" that we exist in be even more beautiful if it were self-creating? Wouldn't the total randomity of this universe be a vastly more magnificent concept, than that of a divine creator? (A creator, which, when invoked brings about an infinite regression, mind you)

So in short: yes, I disagree with your post. In the sense that, God is not needed to appreciate anything. In fact, in my honest opinion, without a divine creator, there is much, much more that we can come to appreciate.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by restrain

Wouldn't this "creation" that we exist in be even more beautiful if it were self-creating? Wouldn't the total randomity of this universe be a vastly more magnificent concept, than that of a divine creator? (A creator, which, when invoked brings about an infinite regression, mind you)

I believe there is a prime creator. I also believe the creator is not separate from the creation. I believe the creator is in all of us. It is the essence of the source of everything. It has to be alive because we are alive. An intelligent process cannot start from something that is not intelligent. It just can't. So the source of everything is perfectly natural, but it is also alive. And the universe is self-creating. But there is nothing that exists except God. God is all there is. But, that doesn't define God, that just goes to say that there is nothing that exists that exists separate from the creator.

So in short: yes, I disagree with your post. In the sense that, God is not needed to appreciate anything. In fact, in my honest opinion, without a divine creator, there is much, much more that we can come to appreciate.

The concept of God reassures us in troubling times that all is well and all is orchestrated to a perfection that we are mostly unaware of. So when you fall away from appreciation, God is there to remind you that you have everything to be thankful for. The concept of divinity lets people know that existence is infinitely beautiful beyond comprehension. Even if there isn't a God, I would like to think there is.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Sir,

I have to ask this:

What do you define as God?

God is the universe - existence.

You say that God is "forming things from himself." Is this true for objects that destroy themselves, or that are complete failures?

God is quantum, he is the simplicity which builds up the complexity. So, if an object gets destroy, God isn't destroying himself, he's just breaking himself back into smaller ingredients to be reused...

what proof do you have?

God is the universe, so the proof is self evident.

Wouldn't this "creation" that we exist in be even more beautiful if it were self-creating?

It is self creating, well not creating, just forming, self-reforming.

Just like you don't build a building, you just form it from materials already existing...

Wouldn't the total randomity of this universe be a vastly more magnificent concept, than that of a divine creator?

You make it sound like it is either or. Even if a creator didn't exist, that doesn't mean that things are automatically random...

yes, I disagree with your post. In the sense that, God is not needed to appreciate anything.

And I don't disagree with you there, appreciation could still exist even if God didn't, so we are still in agreement.

In fact, in my honest opinion, without a divine creator, there is much, much more that we can come to appreciate.

Well, if not believing in a god is somehow causing you to free even more appreciation then that is great. It is the feeling that is more important than the belief. What is life without happiness?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The concept of God reassures us in troubling times that all is well and all is orchestrated to a perfection that we are mostly unaware of. So when you fall away from appreciation, God is there to remind you that you have everything to be thankful for. The concept of divinity lets people know that existence is infinitely beautiful beyond comprehension. Even if there isn't a God, I would like to think there is.

I would hardly say this is a "perfect" creation. I implore you, though, why do you think God exists? What makes you believe it? Is it really more comforting to believe in something, with absolute certainty, that may not even exist?

Beyond that, should the God you believe in exist, it's narcissistic to think that he cares about you. And if he truly is omnibenevolent than he cannot be omnipotent. In short, he can either care or be in control of this creation, but he cares he has created something that he cannot control.

You make it sound like it is either or. Even if a creator didn't exist, that doesn't mean that things are automatically random...

No, no, no, you misunderstood me. I'm not saying with 100% certainty that the universe is completely random -- that'd be as preposterous as saying God exists.

And if God is the simplicity creating the complexity, wouldn't the roles change? Wouldn't we be God to this "god?"

As for God being the universe, that's a claim. And your evidence for your claim is that since A is B, and B exists, A has to exist? Again I have to ask, what proof do you have to show that A is in fact B?

I'm not saying God does not exist with absolute certainty because that's ridiculous, it's simply that the evidence in favor of a God is seriously lacking. And depending on what kind of deity (choose one from any of the multitude of religions) you believe in, the evidence could be lacking even more.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

And if God is the simplicity creating the complexity, wouldn't the roles change? Wouldn't we be God to this "god?"

You, everything is God, but when I refer to God I am speaking of the quantum universe- the bigger picture and everything is connected through quantum entanglement.

As for God being the universe, that's a claim. And your evidence for your claim is that since A is B, and B exists, A has to exist? Again I have to ask, what proof do you have to show that A is in fact B?

I'm not just saying that A = B, I'm saying:

A = B; B = A

So the fact that B exists means that A exists since they are the EXACT same thing just different names, or in this case letters...

Currency is money. We know that currency exists because money exist, and since money exist currency must exist.

I just like the term "God" better.

I'm not saying God does not exist with absolute certainty because that's ridiculous, it's simply that the evidence in favor of a God is seriously lacking.

See above ^

And depending on what kind of deity (choose one from any of the multitude of religions) you believe in, the evidence could be lacking even more.

A deity is a "supernatural being". The universe is completely natural.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

You, everything is God, but when I refer to God I am speaking of the quantum universe- the bigger picture and everything is connected through quantum entanglement.

I'm not just saying that A = B, I'm saying:

A = B; B = A

So the fact that B exists means that A exists since they are the EXACT same thing just different names, or in this case letters...

Currency is money. We know that currency exists because money exist, and since money exist currency must exist.

I just like the term "God" better.

I'm not saying God does not exist with absolute certainty because that's ridiculous, it's simply that the evidence in favor of a God is seriously lacking.

See above ^

And depending on what kind of deity (choose one from any of the multitude of religions) you believe in, the evidence could be lacking even more.

A deity is a "supernatural being". The universe is completely natural.

First off, if A = B, B HAS to equal A, so my original statement was correct and your preposition that A = B; B = A is redundant. But you have yet to provide proof that A = B.

Allow me to change those letters back to the original concepts. God = Universe. Is that not your claim?

Let's take the dictionary definition of both concepts (God (or god), and universe):

According to Merriam-Webster, God (or god) is a Being, perfect in power, wisdom and goodness, OR, a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes.

As for 'universe': it is the whole body of things and phenomena observed or postulated.

Now, these words are not, by any stretch of the imagination, synonymous. Which voids your example of money and currency, because those two words are synonymous. By definition, God is unnatural, and the universe is natural, thereby not synonymous. A ≠ B.

According to your logic, the universe is as much a unicorn as it is God. Need proof? We can experience, if you will, the universe, therefore we know a unicorn has to exist.

You're entire claim is invalidated by the very definition of the words.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by restrain

Ok, well just replace the word "God" with the word "universe" since you want to be all technical about it. Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Which brings me back to one of my original points: this universe is so much more glorious than you portray it to be when you claim it has supernatural capabilities.

I should hope you understand where I'm coming from in saying this.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by restrain

I never claimed that it was supernatural. In fact, I said that it WAS only natural because it was nature / universe.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

God is the sculpture of all that exists. He sculpts the evil and the good, just like the painter paints the beautiful outdoors and the wickedness of the mind.
I think if that was so, it would say something like that in the New Testament, so seeing it does not, I would take it that God did not create evil.
Now this does not mean that there are not things that seen evil to us, there is but that is part of the universe as created and can not be helped but just existence as we find it. God takes what He found Himself in and makes it better.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

"Always rejoice; unceasingly pray; in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus to you." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"Every creature of God is good, and nothing to be rejected, with thanksgiving being received, for it is sanctified through the word of God and intercession." - 1 Timothy 4-5

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That has to do with what sort of food people are eating, and if someone offered it to an idol while killing the animal the meat came from.
Did you actually receive some sort of Bible instruction in your life or did you just find the Bible recently and thought it would be a good tool to attack religious people with?
I get a little suspicious about Muslims hiding their identity and trying to use the Bible without understanding, having been brought up to read the Koran.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

IN "EVERYTHING" GIVE THANKS for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus.

It is completely direct. It is a piece of wisdom found in The Bible. You can accept it or you can reject it, your choice. I'm just saying that this is a very positive and good advice and it relate to what I'm talking about in this thread.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

We don't hate God for what to us seems bad because God did not make bad things but that is just something part of the universe that can't be helped since God found it that way and can only do so much to mitigate it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join