It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No wonder Ron Paul cannot be mentioned in a good way on Hannity, Rush or Boortz

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Romney’s private equity firm, Bain Capital, owns Clear Channel Communications, one of America’s largest media conglomerates. Clear Channel broadcasts conservative luminaries such as Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and many others.

Read more: www.irishcentral.com...

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Wow, this is a clear conflict of interest. Clear and blatant, God I wish there was something we can do about this.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

"
Because the fix is in, The game is rigged.

Its a big club , and you aint in it" Carlin

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I think its time RP used this to his advantage, show how he has been pushed aside, called radical, and blatantly blacked out by the media. Runner up in 2 primaries and its all been about Newt and Romney.

Nothing angers me more than when CNN shows any footage on debates or anything and he is flat out ignored aside from little jabs. This should be illegal. This is a terrorist act. How can we change it?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

I guess someone can make a 30 second video flyer showing this information in a quick succint format and start a facebook page and starting sending it out

Any takers?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OsirisIndigo

Romney’s private equity firm, Bain Capital, owns Clear Channel Communications, one of America’s largest media conglomerates. Clear Channel broadcasts conservative luminaries such as Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and many others.

Romney no longer works for Bain Capital...hasn't since 1999.

There is no conflict of interest at all.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It does not matter, he still has major connections and influence. Dont you think his buddies at Bain want him to win? Why do you think they are donating to his campaign?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Life lesson coming at cha OS.

Business is like the Marines.

Once a Marine , always a Marine...

Theres a HUGE conflict.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

and you don't think he still gets a significant amount of kickback from them? Who cares if he hasnt worked there in a long time. He still has ties.

Same way Rumsfeld still had ties to Monsanto and most of Obama's staff still has ties to Goldman Sachs or Citicorp.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

It does not matter, he still has major connections and influence. Dont you think his buddies at Bain want him to win? Why do you think they are donating to his campaign?

Having connections and "influence" (ie Support) isn't illegal.

And I don't think his buddies are donating much to his campaign....it's all going to his Super PAC

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

There is no legal conflict.

Private businesses can do whatever they want...you know...free market and all that. I would think you would knwo that if you are a Ron Paul supporter.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

No one said it was illegal. Typical leftist, trying to start something out of nothing.
Yes, there is a conflict of interest. Do you really think the company he was CEO of would actually support Ron Paul? get real. Apparently you have never experienced life in an executive capacity or you would understand how it all works. Just because he isn't the CEO of Bain, doesn't mean he isn't "in" with them. Guys like him run in packs. They get each other seats on boards of corporations so they can pad each others pockets.

You should really know how it all works before jumping in and trying to stir the pot.

An according to his own Executive Branch Financial Disclosure, he still has a stake of ownership in Bain capital as well as others such as Goldman Sachs.

Disclosure

So yes, there is a conflict of interest.
edit on 1/19/2012 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Tw0Sides

There is no legal conflict.

Private businesses can do whatever they want...you know...free market and all that. I would think you would knwo that if you are a Ron Paul supporter.

I'm sure somehow, putting undo pressure on the media has to be a crime, or at least really close.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I agree that Ron Paul should use this to his advantage.
I read CNN everyday just to see what their feeding the masses.
Ron Paul is hardly ever mentioned and if he is,
it's at the end or the article after most have lost their attention span.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

What we need is a media blackout day.
Similar to the SOPA protest, but aimed at MSM.
Tell them this is the day you will lose your viewers in protest for not providing accurate and balanced reporting on the presidential race.

I propose Jan. 30th, the day before SC primaries as the blackout day. I'm going to start spreading it!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OsirisIndigo

Well, even closer to home then that, their station is owned by Cox Media & Enterprises Group. And wouldn't you know it, the friggin' Owner is a member of THE COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS!!!!!

edit on 19-1-2012 by rstregooski because: beer

edit on 19-1-2012 by rstregooski because: more beer

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

No one said it was illegal. Typical leftist, trying to start something out of nothing.
Yes, there is a conflict of interest. Do you really think the company he was CEO of would actually support Ron Paul? get real. Apparently you have never experienced life in an executive capacity or you would understand how it all works. Just because he isn't the CEO of Bain, doesn't mean he isn't "in" with them. Guys like him run in packs. They get each other seats on boards of corporations so they can pad each others pockets.

You should really know how it all works before jumping in and trying to stir the pot.

An according to his own Executive Branch Financial Disclosure, he still has a stake of ownership in Bain capital as well as others such as Goldman Sachs.

Disclosure

So yes, there is a conflict of interest.

Well said. Star for you.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Clear channel board members Randall Thomas Mays and Irving Azoff both board members of Live Nation board member Barry Diller also board member for Washington Post.

Clear channel board member John Connaugton also board member for Sun Gaurd Data Systems board member Glenn H Hutchins also a board member of Brookings Institute.

Thats from here www.theyrule.net.... Its interesting following the spider webs of board members.

Little Sis also does good with linking campanies and people.
littlesis.org...

John Connaugton of Clear Channel also managing director at Bain Capital.
edit on 19-1-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Is it ethical for someone who is in the gov't to have ANYTHING to do with media on any level? I think not. But then it is not ethical for any corporation to have ANYTHING to have to do with gov't. If OUR gov't would realize and fix this problem most of the worlds problems would go away because officials would have to depend on their own merits to get elected. It is a simple problem to fix. Get corporations out of government.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

The SC primaries are the 21st, not the 31st, tomorrow is the day before them. You mean FL I guess? just don't want to confuse anybody.

edit on 19-1-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join