It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perry to Drop Out Thursday!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

The other state I know of is Tennessee where I believe Santorum is not on the ballot.
There may be others besides Virginia and Tennessee.

edit on 19-1-2012 by SurrealisticPillow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Awww isn't that cute? The establishment puppets endorsing each other. They don't play well with the People though so Ron Paul gets no love. *sniff*

Seriously though, who remembers this moment in the debates?

Does that mean handshakes in Texas don't mean much? I'm just trying to figure this whole thing out...

Here's the official announcement for those who haven't seen it:

edit on 19-1-2012 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
Awww isn't that cute? The establishment puppets endorsing each other. They don't play well with the People though so Ron Paul gets no love. *sniff*

Seriously though, who remembers this moment in the debates?

Does that mean handshakes in Texas don't mean much? I'm just trying to figure this whole thing

The camera cuts to Gingrich near the end. He looked terrified!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Perry's endorsement doesn't mean anything.

An FBI file full of bribery allegations and secret Iraqi dealings means a lot.
An ex-wife claiming you wanted an "open relationship" to pursue your other fling means a lot.
An ex-campaign staffer claiming you left your wife because she was ugly and/or sick means a lot.

Newt is great in the debates. I enjoy the hell out of him. He is comic relief, he puts the moderators in their place, he engages the crowd, and he has some pretty good ideas. The problem is that he is an entrenched politician, and people are not going to vote for him in the general election. Nobody wants a life-long good ol' boy from the GOP getting into the Presidency and playing more party politics. He won't follow through on 80% of the things he has promised, because he is too entrenched, and he will go along with the status quo. Newt will not be a good president, no matter how sweet he sounds in the debates. It is just an act to get elected.

Santorum is even kookier than Paul! I didn't realize it until NH and SC debates, but he is a little crazy. He is arrogant, elitist, and not the least bit professional in his approach to the debate topics or his fellow nominees. I'm starting to think he is more of an elitist than Romney! And that is saying a lot considering Romney has the audacity to say that making $374k in speaking engagements is "not a lot of money."
Really? Because $374k would change my life! That would pay off every bill I have, my house, my student loans, and leave me a sizeable amount to invest for the future or share with some family members! $374k is certainly a lot of money to the average American.

Santorum and Romney are both up there in the ivory towers with Obama, Newt is damaged goods, Perry is out, and Ron Paul is the only guy that can actually defeat Obama.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Someone forgot to tell Perry that Gingrich is out next, by endorsing him they only make Ron Pauls chances better this should help draw support and votes to the Paul camp.

Also BBC says Romney never won Iowa that just makes me think maybe the race is rigged? this needs to be reviewed.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The Republican presidential race has been dramatically shaken up after Texas Governor Rick Perry quit and endorsed former House Speaker Newt Gingrich. His exit came as it emerged front-runner Mitt Romney had not won Iowa's caucuses, as initially thought, because of a mix-up on the vote count. A resurgent Newt Gingrich, meanwhile, faces embarrassment after his ex-wife claimed he wanted an open marriage.

Gingrich is never going to win, No woman will vote for him and no man can endorse a cheat and clear sex addict without his wife's approval, and he also loses the vote of any one with an IQ above 70 because that's when critical self thinking brains understand that he's just another puppet for the Bankers and weapons dealers.

edit on 19-1-2012 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Amen!!! See ya....Bilderberger Scum Bucket!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Beat you to it!

edit on 19-1-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Something else that came to mind... I can't remember if anyone else already posted this on this thread. Ron Paul and Mitt Romney have been preparing for this election for awhile. Ron Paul learned a huge lesson in 2008 and since then has been stressing the importance of getting the word out about delegates. They are, in fact, what this whole primary season is about.

If you ask almost any Ron Paul supporter, they'll tell you the importance of being a delegate. I've never actually met a Romney supporter, so I don't know if they know about it. But here's the kicker to the whole thing:

Romney and Paul: national candidates

In an email to reporters today, the Romney campaign points out that, aside from Ron Paul, Romney is the only candidate to appear on every state’s primary ballot.

With Huntsman and Perry out, it's up to Gingrich and Santorum to defend their establishment pick - Mitt Romney. Gingrich and Santorum are not on all state ballots. They have absolutely no chance of winning.

It is the People vs. The Establishment. Is that really any choice at all? Ron Paul 2012!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I've never met a Romney supporter either. Isn't that an odd thing? To think he is so high in the polls, but not a single person is willing to admit they voted for him in real life?

And yes, even though Paul took 3rd in Iowa, he tied for the 7 delegates, and better yet, those delegates are not committed to any nominee, and Paul had the foresight to have his supporters hang around and volunteer, so he may have won more than the 7 delegates.

Florida is a 50 delegate winner-take-all State. If Newt and Santorum run here, it will be with the sole purpose of detracting from Paul's chances. It becomes very clear that TPTB in the GOP are pulling the candidates strings and making them dance.

Perry dropping out actually makes me like him a little more. Sure, he endorsed Newt, but at least he didn't stay in the race and split the votes longer than necessary, and that act alone means he is not a pro-Romney, nor anti-Paul, so he must be a decent guy!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I am hopeful for Ron Paul to place high in SC, but either way I expect him to go on to super Tuesday. It looks like Newt will be the next to fall but I do wish it was Santorum! I feel once its an official two man race between Paul and Romney then we will see the real game begin.
edit on 19-1-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatScot

Romney is also a cheat. How can you trust a President with a multi million dollar stash in a tax haven? Has anyone bothered to ask him for his tax records?

Here's more on Gingrich:

www.nzherald.co.nz...
edit on 19-1-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
News .com.au carried a story on this. Ron Paul was not mentioned at all. It is as if he doesn't exist.

www.news.com.au...

P

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join