It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perry to Drop Out Thursday!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Newt's career will not be imploding remember, you heard it here first

Obamas career will be imploding by stalling the Keystone Pipeline.
Remember, you heard it HERE first..

Newt is a has-been and Obama never had a career other than 'bamboozler'.
Remember, you heard it HERE first.

(man .. with politicians as the subject ... we could do this all day. They are a gold mine of comedy fodder!)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't think I am ready to concede it will be Romney. His supporters look awful uncomfortable with all of the support Ron Paul has been picking up lately. It is really up to the Republican voters from here on out, unlike many other years when most people don't pay much attention.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

He was also cheered. It wasn't his best debate performance, but the more that drop out the more of a contender Paul becomes. Romney has proven that he caps out at 25-35% of the voters. All the rest are looking for an Anti-Romney, and their votes have been split between Paul, Bachmann, Huntsman, Santorum, Newt, Cain, etc. As those others drop out then Paul's numbers will buoy up, and he will be a very strong contender to face off with Romney.

In fact, Paul is likely to win SC and carry that momentum over to Florida. If he accidentally wins Florida, then he becomes the new clear front-runner!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

In fact, Paul is likely to win SC and carry that momentum over to Florida. If he accidentally wins Florida, then he becomes the new clear front-runner!

WHAT????

I'm sorry grar...but how do you figure he is "likely" to win SC???

He is fighting desperately to try to win third place...him and Santorum keep going back and forth in the polls.

I'm all for supporting your candidate...but you should have a realistic outlook and expectations. I just don't see how you think he is "likely" to win SC.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

He was also cheered. It wasn't his best debate performance, but the more that drop out the more of a contender Paul becomes. Romney has proven that he caps out at 25-35% of the voters. All the rest are looking for an Anti-Romney, and their votes have been split between Paul, Bachmann, Huntsman, Santorum, Newt, Cain, etc. As those others drop out then Paul's numbers will buoy up, and he will be a very strong contender to face off with Romney.

I saw the debate. Newt won the debate hands down. Ron Paul lost the debate & Mitt Romney
punted.

Just look at the most recent polling data. Newt is surging. Now with Rick Perrys
endorsement , Newt should win SC no problem.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I'm still not seeing much of a chance for Ron Paul.

Its delegates that count. It is ridiculous to say that Romney will run away with this if he wins SC. There are 25 delegates at stake which would bring us up to about 40 out of 1100 needed or about 3%. All Paul has to do is stay close to Romney until its just him and Romney up on that stage and in the national press everyday for 5 months.

This is how elections go...these primaries are frontloaded and do have importance whether it is warranted or not.

That is why the debate schedule is so packed up until January. Do you know how many debates are scheduled after January??? One in February (Feb 22nd) and three in March (two the first week before super Tuesday, and one later)...and ZERO after that. I don't know what you think he is going to do for these next 5 months...but he isn't going to be spending much time on stage...regardless of where he is at...because there are hardly anymore debates.

You know what happened last election...all those late debates were cancelled because there was a clear front runner after January...and the election was just as close as this years.

This is how the primary process works...it is designed to have a clear front runner early and to have a "presumed" nominee early. A long primary season is damaging to the chances of the eventual nominee...they spend all their money, they get a lot of dirt thrown in all directions, it splits the party, etc. This is why, IMO, Ron Paul's ship has sailed...his chance is over...and I think he knows it too.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If Newt gets destroyed by the interview with his ex-wife, and the FBI file release then he will not win SC. Perry won't endorse Newt, because Newt seems to have been abandoned by TPTB. Perry will likely endorse Romney, but that doesn't mean his votes will go over to Romney.

Any candidate that drops out of the race only helps Paul, it won't help Romney that much. So, with the ex-Ms. Gingrich interview airing tonight, and Perry dropping out of the race tonight, and the Vote coming in 2 days, the polls are going to swing wildly! It is anybody's game now!

And, for the record, Santorum is a joke. I halfway liked him before the SC debate. I didn't think he had a chance, but I liked some of his positions, but he proved himself to be an egotistical, arrogant prick during that debate, and he'll drop out of the race after placing 4th in SC. He has no funds to compete beyond SC unless he gets a strong finish, and he won't be in the top 3.

My prediction for SC. Romney and Paul in a statistical tie, followed by a Newt, then Santorum.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Sarah Palin advised the people of SC to vote for Newt.

Lets just wait for the election this weekend. Everything will be more clear for you on Monday.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Actually, DrudgeReport had a poll asking who won the debate. I haven't seen other polls, but Gingrich won this poll followed by Ron Paul in second, edging out Perry and spanking the "punter" Romney.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Well, it is a very optimistic, but I would say unlikely, view.

I don't think the ex-wife interview is going to do anything...it's pretty weak that they hyped up news that he wanted an "open" relationship with her. He isn't known for being dedicated to his wives already...this isn't going to be a shocker. Watch Newt spin this to his advantage...he will claim the media is just trying to get away from the issues and smear his name...wouldn't put it past him to link it to "Obama's media" either. He has attacked the "media" in this way before in debates with very very good reception. I think his supports will only rally around him if he goes at it this way.

The FBI thing is old news...and a closed case. Again, if anyone goes after him about that...he will just spin it as them trying to smear. He will claim there was an investigation, he cooperated, and nothing came of it and it's a closed case.

Either way...it isn't going to cause him to drop out of the election...and I don't think it is going to cause him to lose much, if any, support. However, if any candidate picks up on the ex-wife story or the old FBI story and starts running ads about them...they will lose support for running a negative campaign that is completely off the issues.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I actually think there is some merit to that thinking.

This just released today...

Iowa GOP Puts Santorum Ahead By 34 Votes, But Result 'Unresolved'
www.npr.org...

Romney did not win Iowa...AND the results from EIGHT PRECINcTS ARE MISSING!!!

I get suspicious when a Man worth a quarter of a Billion Dollars seems to win by a strange collection of "errors" including 8 precincts whose results just "disappeared". Those are whole precincts!

Question: What Precincts are "missing" and how did they lean when Paul ran last time? Any Media polls as to toward which candidate those missing precincts were leaning?

The Media keeps portraying Romney as strong, but reality keeps inconveniently debunking the spin.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow

Actually, DrudgeReport had a poll asking who won the debate. I haven't seen other polls, but Gingrich won this poll followed by Ron Paul in second, edging out Perry and spanking the "punter" Romney.

There is another CNN debate before the primary.

I'm sure the Food Stamp President issue will be brought up again.

I predict Newt will win the CNN debate as well and then WIN South Carolina.

On to Florida.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

However, if any candidate picks up on the ex-wife story or the old FBI story and starts running ads about them...they will lose support for running a negative campaign that is completely off the issues.

Lord Outkast...you do know you are talking about the GOP base? They are turned off by negative advertising???

I am not saying that Dems don't respond to negative advertising, but the far right are the folks that brought you Obama the Muslim, Kenyan, Terrorist. To infer that they would be offended by such tactics seems a real stretch.

Romney has one big issue...He is the Poster Boy for the 1%, Net worth of a quarter of billion dollars, made his money by playing with other peoples money, shipped jobs overseas, pays "about" 15% in taxes while the average American pays 20.4%, and admits to hiding Millions in off-shore tax havens in the Caymen Islands.

Newt...well it turns out his belief system is closer to poligomy than Morman Romney. He has flipped on about the same numbers of issues as Romney...which is a truck-load, he has an arrogance factor he can't keep in check, the only Speaker of The House to be formally sanctioned for ethics violations...and by an overwhelmingly bipartisan vote...the list goes on.

Ron Paul might have a shot at this.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Newt is winning the debates.

It's having an effect. Romney is punting. That's not good enough.

I predict Romneys $200 Million net worth will turn people off.

The next headlines on Monday will read Newt takes the Lead.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

I have watched you champion Palin, Perry and Cain thus far...

I have said it before...You are a terrific indicator as to who is going to implode next...whoever you claim is going to surge

That means it will be a three man race soon, Romney, Santorum and Paul.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Dropping out? It's about time. GO HOME RICK! Oh wait .. he's endorsing Newt.

Just in time for Newts string of ex-wives and girl friends to come out and destroy his campaign.
Guys .. you missed the memo ... Mitt Romney is the crown prince.

The wives are complaining that Newt traded up.

It won't work. Newt is winning the debates.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Santorum and Gingrich aren't on the ballot in at least one state, but I'm pretty sure it's actually a few states, so it's really a two-man race between Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. The people can choose between a banker puppet who serves the establishment or a Constitutionalist who serves the people.

And look at this realclearpolitics graph, Ron Paul has been steadily climbing up lately. Santorum and Gingrich will obviously fall and have little chance of being the nominee because they're not even on the ballot in some states, and there are still plenty of primaries left for the tide to turn, so Ron Paul can seriously win! There are those who will continue to tell themselves "Romney is going to win, I just know it", but that doesn't make it true.

I don't know who could support Perry anyway, that idiot couldn't even remember what three departments he wanted to cut if he was to get elected.
edit on 19-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I wonder if Newt is gonna beat Ron Paul in Virginia

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

reply to post by Indigo5

I have watched you champion Palin, Perry and Cain thus far...

I have said it before...You are a terrific indicator as to who is going to implode next...whoever you claim is going to surge

That means it will be a three man race soon, Romney, Santorum and Paul.

Newt has weathered the SuperPac storm and will win South Carolina.

The Mitt Romney era of inevitability has come to an end.

When Rick Santorum drops out he will also endorse Newt.
-------
Ron Paul is too crazy to drop out.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join