It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Warns Region Against Stance On Hormuz

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Iran Warns Region Against Stance On Hormuz

www.reuters.com

Iran's foreign minister warned Arab neighbors on Thursday not to put themselves in a "dangerous position" by aligning themselves too closely with the United States in the escalating dispute over Tehran's nuclear activity.

"I am calling to all countries in the region, please don't let yourselves be dragged into a dangerous position," Salehi told Turkey's NTV broadcaster.

"There are no current talks about talks," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well now.

Iran is warning its fellow Arab countries to back down if Iran decides to go through with closing the Strait.

The article also highlights tensions between the UAE, the Saudis, and Iran.

Basically Iran is heated that the Saudis told the world if Iran's oil were cut off, that the Saudis could make up the production.

As for that secret little letter we have been hearing about, now the government is denying it altogether.

Fun times ahead...

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-1-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
In other words, join us or your fate will be the same as the "great Satan"

Meanwhile... Live coverage of Rick Perry dropping out of the republican race, non-stop coverage all day, all the time!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
In other words, join us or your fate will be the same as the "great Satan"

You see , thats funny, your quote, I see it differently.

"If you lie with dogs, you'll get fleas"

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
When are we (USA), going to leave this region of the world?

I say we take a large portion of "defense" spending, and put that money towards wind and solar power.

Why keep putting out fires when instead we can find and eliminate the cause of the fires.

(yes, thats borrowed from Demming, for those of you who know who he is)
edit on 19-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42
When are we (USA), going to leave this region of the world?

The first day after we've completely broken our dependence on oil.

Not one minuet sooner.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo
Iran is warning its fellow Arab countries to back down if Iran decides to go through with closing the Strait.

"fellow Arab" ?
Iran is made up of mostly Persian not "Arabs"
Common misconception.

Basically Iran is heated that the Saudis told the world if Iran's oil were cut off, that the Saudis could make up the production.

So one Country "Iran" threatens to close the Strait denying their own oil sales AND many of it's neighboring Arab states a way of making a living, and now they are warning their Arab neighbors against trying to make that living because Tehran says so..

I wonder how many here truly understand the history and rivalry between Riyadh and Tehran going back decades?

edit on 19-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is another "wiped off the map" story, BS

Where in the Article does it say that ??

Nobody reads , and justs want to push more Propaganda.

He says dont get dragged into a "dangerous" situation.

Basically telling the other ME countries to choose their friends wisely, theres no mention of the Strait.

Entire site is full of Lemmings
edit on 19-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

It doesn't!
You're the one interjecting that BS...

Basically telling the other ME countries to choose their friends wisely, theres no mention of the Strait.

"You are either with us or against us"

GWB - OWS

Confession?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

Which is why any one of those countries .. in addition to the USA or Israel (or even Iran itself) .. could have been behind the 'hit' on the nuclear scientist. The Iranian government is hated over there. They are bat-poop crazy and they are making everyone else nervous. If Israel ever did hit Irans nuke facilities, you'd hear a lot of moaning from the other middle east/persia gov'ts in public, but behind the scenes they'd be very very happy.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

It doesn't!
You're the one interjecting that BS...

"You are either with us or against us"

GWB - OWS

Confession?

Avoid the crux of my post , and break it down to lose its context... Typical and shameful.

Can you please show me , from the article, where he warns the other countries its dangerous , regarding the Strait Closure, I'll wait.

Your comprehension skills are lacking today sir.

And now the guy above me quotes the OP like its a official story .

New motto for ATS , ENDORSE IGNORANCE
edit on 19-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Don't miss the "red line" in all of this....

Will Iran actually make good on their threats, and how will the US respond?

Ultimately, IF that happens... How will Iran retaliate?

The US is willing to engage in talks with Iran, with conditions, Iran is willing to talk, only without conditions. The Iranian regime assumes the USA and west are afraid of them, and that has only emboldened them.

Global economic impact resulting from a conflict that disrupts oil shipments will be severe.... Iran can and will retaliate in unconventional ways and that also could be potentially severe.

This is a far more dangerous situation than many assume.... At least for now, it's all just talk, threats and warnings.

This could be a turning point, either for the better, or for the worst... Stay tuned!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
A lot of folk don't think so, but I think Iran is gonna get jiggy. They're just waiting for the lowering of the economic guillotine here.

Once we're all scrambling for a piece of bread, they'll try to wreak as much havoc as possible. If I were the enemy, that's what I would be thinking.

This Rock (Earth) is gonna Roll.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Iran better be careful, hard to criticise the US for doing something, than going and doing that same something.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Once we're all scrambling for a piece of bread, they'll try to wreak as much havoc as possible. If I were the enemy, that's what I would be thinking.

Whether economic collapse comes before or after will hardly matter now....

Their ultimate objectives are far more sinister... IMO

But who knows? ... Maybe appeasement, talks, and concessions can prevent it?

Give peace a chance, go out and hug an Iranian today... I'm sure you can find at least one, perhaps 100s or 1,000s living and working around you in most western cities and communities.

Kumbaya!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Prediction:

- The West agrees an embargo on Iranian oil.
- Iran closes the Strait.
- The West calls Iran some bad names for a week.
- Iran reopens the Strait.
- The West drops their embargo on Iranian oil.

Both sides prove a point. Both sides claim "victory". All without a single bomb dropped or weapon fired.

Complete dog and pony show.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Give peace a chance, go out and hug an Iranian today... I'm sure you can find at least one, perhaps 100s or 1,000s living and working around you in most western cities and communities.

Kumbaya!

It never ceases to amaze me how loving and friendly the common man and women from any nation are. We really can get along except for the monkey wrench our bumbling, bombing, power hungry leaders carelessly toss in the works.

Do we fail as a nation if we don't control the worlds oil? Is that the single behind-the-scenes justification?

One of my first girlfriends was Iranian and her brother was my best friend for awhile. And while there was some--just a little--tension from her parents, they nevertheless accepted it and always treated me kindly.

My own spiritual beliefs have NEVER caused me to feel conflict with anyone whose own beliefs were different than mine.

It's always the extremists that ruin it for everyone else. It may sound simplistic, but we really all can get along when recalcitrant forces aren't stirring the pot.

Shame on the extremists in both Iran and the U.S. Shame.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

- The West agrees an embargo on Iranian oil.

Pretty much already in place...

- Iran closes the Strait.

Impossible for Iran to carry out realistically

- The West calls Iran some bad names for a week.

Pretty much already in place...

- Iran reopens the Strait.

Never realistically closed it in the first place.

- The West drops their embargo on Iranian oil.

Don't hold your breath

Complete dog and pony show.

Agreed.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hi guys.

I think it is realistically achievable for Tehran to close the Straits.
Think about the fleeing forces from Kuwait...

And then think of how everyone scrambles to "get the oil situation under control."

My automobile doesn't mean more to me than the blood of a human...but it doesn't seem to be affecting me right now...

Iran has an electric car, 'ya know?

I'd kill for one of these!

A war against technology?
edit on (1/19/1212 by loveguy because: No more diversions from me

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join