It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya.........Yes The SAS & SBS Had A Huge Hand In It's Liberation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
As usual, when it is all over the facts come out about how large a role the Special Forces really had:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

Is anyone suprised?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Liberation?

We'll see.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Details... details... details... Nothing but a link for us to follow???

Not that I'm too lazy to follow the link but don't you need to provide some information on the subject and your opinion to be discussed...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
"Liberation"???? Are you on drugs?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I didn't think it was unknown?

They reported that we sent "advisors" over and that top British military were helping out over there.
It was discussed on ATS a few times.

We saw videos where there were clearly British or American "helpers" stood around with Libyan "rebels"

I don't think that they would have toppled the regime if we hadn't gotten involved and not just air strikes ETC.

But yes, we'll see if it was a good thing in the near future I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I have not been surprised since 9/11 - Bless those poor innocent soul's.

But seriously, we all knew this to be the case.

Anyone who took the time to look into Gaddafi, would have seen he was a more than fair leader,

The people had many privilege's that even western populations don't get the benefit of -ie- free electricity, free education, free housing, free healthcare, the best living standards in Africa, and a great example of a mostly Islamic country with "Equal" woman's rights.

With the boots on the ground, it just goes to prove the theory - that Col Gaddafi was overthrown and killed, because he refused to play ball with the "Economic Hit-men".

How long are we going to let our leader's get away with this crap??

Are we not empathetic to our Persian, African cousins?

Or the bottom line is..........

Is it ethical of us as individuals, to live lavish, wasteful materialistic lives,

At the expense of persecuting and killing people, installing and upholding dictatorships that are friendly to western Bankers interests.

Does anyone really get it? And if they do, why does it seem like nobody cares?

It can't go on like this.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I didnt think we were meant to helping any side in this "liberation". I thought the idea was to protect civillians with a no fly zone, not to take sides and kill the oppositions civillians.

The Council’s purpose was clear: to protect Libyan civilians. The Security Council had authorized the use of force, including enforcement of a no-fly zone, to protect civilians and civilian areas targeted by Colonel Muammar Al-Qadhafi, his allied forces and mercenaries.

www.un.org...

I know you need boots on the ground to help with a no fly zone, but should we have been providing the rebels with equipment which was used and must have caused death to civilians on the opposition.

edit on 19-1-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I know you need boots on the ground to help with a no fly zone, but should we have been providing the rebels with equipment which was used and must have caused death to civilians on the opposition.

No we shouldn't...

Th odd thing about this "Conflict" was that the only civilians we had any concern over, were the civilians who wanted Gaddffi ousted.
The others that we bombed or gave weapons to the rebels to kill, didn't matter one bit.

This was supposed to be a mission to protect ALL civilians which is what the UN mandate stated, what actually happened is we helped one side wipe the other out using any means they so desired.

And then let a pack of animals rip Gaddaffi to pieces and shove a metal rod up his ass....

[sarc]
But Gaddaffi is gone... the people are happy and free now... everything is OK!![/sarc]

edit on 19/1/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
As usual, when it is all over the facts come out about how large a role the Special Forces really had:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

Is anyone suprised?

Not really since they announced that special forces were going to be deployed just before the air war commenced. All you had to do was watch any of the news channels in the US, UK or France to get the info.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This is naturally and is representative of the Powers That Be's chain of command.
The Secret agencies such as CIA ....SAS all are in essence the military for the Crown.

The Crown (Rothschild's Bankers and Buddies in London) send out their "Jackals" as termed by John Perkins in his book "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" who use force to overthrow govts who own vast reserves of Natural Resources .

Once the govt. is under Western puppets then the Crown issues loans to the govt. ....

Which if not repayable due to surmounting interest and penalties the country repays in OIL.....at below market prices...

The presence of SAS in Libya were merely "managing" the "Rebels" who did the actual dirty work of wiping out the Libyan resistance.

Remember that the first order of business in Libya of the Rebel Forces wasn't to depose Ghadaffi but was instead to create a new Central Bank and clearly indicative as to who was directing the SAS and the Rebels.

A ROTHSCHILD controlled central bank....similar to our very own Federal Reserve that will now proceed to lend money to the LIbyans to rebuild their nation and will seek OIL at discounted prices in repayment...

And furthermore as to whom is behind this charade and is now guarding Libya's OIL ?

Hint....It isn't the Libyans !

Read the book....it can be found in PDF form ....the book covers Saudi Arabia, Iran (during the Shah) and the author even describes dealings with Osama Bin Laden...remember Bin Laden's family owned the largest construction firm in Saudi Arabia.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Prior to the 'liberation' Libya was a creditor to other African nations.....now it is a debtor to the IMF and other major western financial institutions.

And where are those other African nations going to have to go to now for credit?

The UK and US governments had developed a sort of understanding with Gadaffi.
Under Gadaffi Libya had been transformed from one of the poorest nations in the world to one with a high standard of living and quality of life.
Libya had long ceased funding and training terrorists.

I suspect most of our governments would have been perfectly willing to maintain the status quo, but their masters, the bankers, decided otherwise.

It won't take long for the intenecine tribal deiiferences and religious extremists to turn Libya into another Islamic hellhole.

Whose interests are being served here?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So where are all the people who were spouting off at the mouth that this was all a US operation and we caused all of it? Here it is in black and white that it was a British operation and people were claiming it was the US. It seems to me people love to cast the blame for everything that go's wrong in the world on the US. Sad really.
edit on 1/19/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Personally I recollect a poor and desperate young man in Tunisia setting himself ablaze. I recollect a desperate young Egyptian emulate his protest. I watched the Egyptian people turn mass protest into a family affair (following the initial brutality of the Mubaraq regime in the face of protesting citizens).....and I recollect the Libyan's in Bhengazi attempt to emulate the Egyptian's peaceful protest being met with machine guns and sniper fire.

Libya's children have returned to school, workers have returned to work (with oil production back to pre revolution levels WITHOUT the help of foreign labour - and I am told that even now they have the capacity to produce more). The 'revolutionary fighters' are providing the security for the oil production (and I am informed they are doing 'a very good job'.)

The 'currency drought' (created by the rightful freezing of Libya's assets during the unrest) is easing. Until recently Libyan's could only lift 750 LD from the bank per month (about £325) but they can now lift up to 2000 LD.

Libya has nothing but opportunity before it.

Read what they themselves are saying;

Shabab Libya

top topics

join