It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Wisdom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
First of all, I did not write this and there was no author listed. People send me email and sometimes, if I think they're worth it, I pass'em along. I thought this one worth it. I'm not here to debate the merits of carrying a gun. It 's not for everybody and some feel safer if there isn't a gun in the house. Although I've never understood that attitude, it's your house, do what you want. I think those of us who do carry or own weapons are determined to protect ourselves and our families from ever increasing crime such as home invasions. Now , I'm not saying the ones who don't have a gun don't care about their families. They may feel they don't want to take a human life. That is their decision. Me? You may walk through the door, you will be carried back out. This is written in a sorta humorous way, but it's still good advice.The rules that stick out to me are: B - D - F and L

In a GUNFIGHT.... The most important rule:

Gun Wisdom

Some words to the wise. Shooting Advice from various Concealed Carry Instructors. If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it:

A. Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians.

B. Its always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C. Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D. Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms length.

E. Never say "Ive got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.

F. The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

G. The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - cheat if necessary.

H. Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . . . You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.

Note: If you're in a gun fight:

1. If you're not shooting, you should be loading.

2. If you're not loading, you should be movin,

3. If you're not movin', you're dead.

J. In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!

K. If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

L. You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.

M. You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

If you believe in the 2nd Amendment, please forward.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
B and H made my chuckle

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
There is much wisdom in that post.
I liked the rust and politician thing.
Notice how they both corrode beautiful things.

S&F

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I do not carry a gun.and i don't have a problem for someone to carry one.But if that person is crazy?I've heard many times in news,that someone shot an other person only because he "stole" his parking spot,or because he was blocking his parking entrance with his car.I know that you feel the need to protect your family,everyone feels it,but gun licenses must be given after a long check of the person that wants one.You might lock the gun in your safe and use it when an armed burglar breaks in your house,that's ok.but someone else might shoot the mailman just because he though he was trying to break in!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ereveton

Crazy people can carry knives, lead pipes, crossbows, chainsaws, drive a mac truck into you, etc. It's a moot argument.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

You are right,they can carry everything,but in the case of guns,you can avoid it if licenses were given to right people.I don't carry a gun cause i don't feel like i need to,if i ever feel the need to have one to make feel more safe,i'll get one

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Ah, licensing.

Same baseless fear-driven excuse was used against operators of motor vehicles.

How's that working out? 30,000+ dead annually. Constant legislation/regulation hitting manufacturers and drivers every year to make up for the fact that licensing isnt doing anything. Not without irony those compounded regulations and legislation arent doing much either.

There is no accounting for human behavior as much as nanny staters and social engineers would like to believe.

If you're going to behave competently you will. If you are going to behave recklessly you will. No amount of licensing, testing, permitting, regulating or legislating can change that.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Chances are you'll not feel you need a weapon until you NEED A WEAPON REAL QUICK. Kind of like when you need a plunger - it sits in the closet or under the sink and you never want to use it but as soon as the toilet starts to overflow you're ready to use it...or if it's not there you'll be cleaning s**t off the floors.
edit on 1/19/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Its staggering on the percentages of crimes being committed by CCW holders...as in so low its not even funny. Sorry I do not remember the exact numbers, but its something like in the 70% of gun crimes are guns obtained in anyway you can think of other than getting a license and purchasing legally...My wife tries to use the same logic and fails every time. Sure you will find the few, but most the time if you hear about a shooting that was not self defense...the person does NOT have a license to carry a gun.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
ALWAYS better to have one and not need it....

than to NEED one and not have it...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yep. Anti's will never change.
No matter how much logic and stats are provided.
Oh well.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Have you ever heard that all a lock does, is keep an honest man honest?
OK...if you have laws for owning a gun, law abiding people will...but if your a not a law abiding person, who cares...you'll have one if you want to...legal or not.
What I am saying is, if you take guns from honest, trustworthy people...the only ones that have guns...are the criminals.
Don't believe me...google it for England...crime rates sky rocketed when they took guns...criminals were the only ones with them...think about it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Just shared this with old Navy Seal Family member from Veitnam, 100% truth he said, gives you two thumbs up OP. NRA member and has a knife and two pistols on his person at all times..... He also said, wait he just left and I forgot his nam.....

Well, may never see him again, he just disappeared into the dark woods, but I would not go looking for him, just saying. but nice guy nonetheless.

Great Post S&F!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thank You for all your replies. ereveton: a reply to your post. License for a gun is all well and good, but they call them criminals for a reason. They do not respect the law and do not follow it, so why would they bother getting a license. I do agree there are some hotheads out there who will draw their gun for stupid reasons or just trying to be macho, but most of us would have to be in a life or death situation. As one of the posters said, You won't know you need a gun till you NEED it.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I recall this bit of gun wisdom from my inspiration, Lazarus Long (a Robert Heinlein character):

Always get that first shot off quickly!

I also snipped and saved (for years) Jeff Cooper's bits of wisdom from Guns & Ammo - well worthwhile.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
""1. If you're not shooting, you should be loading.

2. If you're not loading, you should be movin,

3. If you're not movin', you're dead. """

Not altogether wisdom, if you shoot needlessly you might expend all your ammo while the enemy is still alive and kicking...
Moving from cover might get you killed also.
Not sayin' it's wrong, but not sayin' it's right either

top topics

join