It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO one listens !!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It was one example that I think people could agree on, just to show there is some concept of Black vs. White left.

I think it's far more unhealthy to not have any concepts of good and evil, and just make excuses for the evils of the world until it finally wipes us out. That is unhealthy to me. Living in a world of no right and wrong, just power and powerlessness. That's a crappy world to be in, look around at the areas outside of the decaying "First world" and see what's coming.

But it's not Evil. It just is? I'd rather have some semblance of reference point to go on with my moral compass.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Good thread, OP!

I agree with many of the responses already posted...a few additional thoughts

Many people who do pay attention, read, follow independent sources, despise Fox, etc. do try to talk to their circle, but, as you describe, get shut down or pooh-poohed. That rejection or disapproval, perhaps imagined, but usually real and painfully implemented, can leave one feeling isolated, crazy, abandoned, frustrated... any number of uncomfy feelings of ostracism. Options: drop it, find new friends/family, be viewed as nut-job instigator.

The vast majority of us are not in a position to stand alone, to "Rambo" it. We are social creatures, not trained to be solitary survivors in a hostile environment. This is of course, purposeful.

We were not brought up in defensive mode, in suspicious mode. Instead we are brought up from infancy to trust our caregivers to do what is right. Many who see what's happening (and this includes myself) still feel, deep down, "Naahh, there's no way 'they' would or will let this happen! Nuh uh...!!" because that is our conditioning.

I remember as a little kid lying in bed listening to raging storms outside, frightened, and thinking, "Naw, it's okay, my mom and dad are in the next room. Everything will be fine." That hopeful faith in being cared for is hard-wired into Americans brought up in typical homes (not all).

Lastly, we are taught from a young age that if you want to get along with others, "Never talk about religion or politics." Bad manners. I did a quick google search to see if I could source the quote: results: 64,300,00 hits in .30 seconds. ONE THIRD OF A SECOND, 64,300,000.

All together now: "Yeah, so, I'm in timeout because I wanted to discuss religion and politics, which apparently is FROWNED UPON in this esTABLISHment!"

(No, not ATS, you know what I mean...)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Life is so comfortable nowadays - and that is the main reason for such large scale apathy.

People do not really care about wars overseas as long as they still have food on the table, warm and comfortable homes, electricity, central heating, healthcare, etc etc.

It is an unpalatable truth to many but unfortunately the truth it is.

tend to agree and also OP you have to realize we are all wired a little different, so a crisis to you may be an irritation to others. while we have have a comfy life many people are going to choose to stay in that zone.

i would give this advise OP, discuss these things in a calm way with those you feel are open to receiving it and let the others go the way they wish, whether it's being a happy idiot, or purposefully ignoring because of stress levels, these people will not receive your info with favor.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

My mother in law was a very kind, gentle, loving and wise person.

Very rarely did she ever give me advice and I asked once why that was.

She replied, "Advice unasked for is advice unheeded".

I have found 90% of the population is being distracted, dumbed down and pitted against each other.

The 50m question is by whom and why?

I've just watched this interview and yes it has to do with why no one listens.

Humanity is under attack.

No, not the Star Wars, Independence Day, Battle for L.A. type. There are other civilizations that simply need and want our resources and well, watch the interview. It's long so maybe download it and watch it in bits and pieces..............very interesting.

Marshall Vian Summers, in his interview confirms what I suspect (not know, not positive but suspect) that our planet while open war fare is not allowed, covert manipulation is and that is what is possibly (notice I said possibly) happening.

The e-books are on line (there are 2) here: search.4shared.com...

People don't listen because most think they are smarter than everyone else and while most want to be open minded, they either can't or won't accept the possibilities of new ideas and concepts.

The sad part about people not wanting to listen also extends to them not really caring about their fellow man. People don't seem to care until the brown stuff hits their personal fan.

As Summers states, we as a species are not ready, not mature enough, not taking full responsibility.

Not listening to reason.

For most people, it is much easier to remain asleep in the Matrix and to allow oneself to be distracted because once you listen, once you wake up, you must then assume responsibility.

And the red pill is a
itch to take. Once you open your eyes to what is really going on around you, there is no going back, no crawling out of the long and twisted rabbit hole.

A closed mind and proud heart gathers no knowledge - Ofhumandescent

Another thing is that most people are now addicted to the TV, video games and vampire novels........what's really going on in real time is far more interesting.

But, most people do not read books on serious matters - "it's boring".

Hence we, at present are living in a world that could be paradise for every single entity but the majority of us have chosen "not to listen".

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

I think it's far more unhealthy to not have any concepts of good and evil, and just make excuses for the evils of the world until it finally wipes us out.

The problem with the good vs. evil ideology is that "good" people are labelled as "evil" and "evil" actions are often thought of as "good".

It's just a very easy way to make people dumber. In other words, it's an unintelligent view on the world, and the people in it.

Living in a world of no right and wrong, just power and powerlessness. That's a crappy world to be in, look around at the areas outside of the decaying "First world" and see what's coming.

You don't have to live in a world void of "right & wrong", simply ignore that good and evil is a social construct meant to manipulate people. Look for a better description of the world. Clearly, you are not going to be able to find someone that stays on either side of "good" or "evil" for an entire lifetime.

But it's not Evil. It just is? I'd rather have some semblance of reference point to go on with my moral compass.

The fact that you have to tell yourself something is good or evil, to make a moral judgement, just shows that you can't make choices for yourself.

Just keep it simple, some choices are good, some are bad. Some have beneficial consequences, some have detrimental consequences. Some have unforeseen consequences.

Now make a choice.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
During the last revolution 1/3 supported the crown, 1/3 supported the revolution, and 1/3 didn't care either way. It's pretty much the same numbers for this new revolution. Most either support the system or don't care. A very small percentage of people fought on the good side, just as it will be with this new revolution. Don't get discouraged. The few that will listen is the best we can hope for.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FejkNick
What scares me is the generation before mine, because I don't think we could wake them up even if we wanted.

Who IS the generation before you - if you don't mind me asking? I'm 61 and have a horrible feeling it might be me

Well if you want to generalise there are millions of people in their teens and 20s who are totally consumed by materialism. I hear constant references to video games on these pages - it makes me wonder whether people can even distinguish between what's real and what isnt. However that's not to blame them.
The last generation who did have a clue were probably those who went through World War 11. People who went through suffering and hardship. You wouldn't find many of them calling for World War 3 - like you sometimes find on these pages.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Good and evil are indeed constructs meant to confuse. You really just need to break it down into logic, and the way one thinks (think of a computer processor or a logic diagram). You reach a fork in the road and perceive two choices (we have the tendency to only see two, when really there are about a million). One is beneficial to us, one isn't. This is where the ideas of good and bad come from in the first place. It's just another way of saying positive/negative or yes/no. Our language has many, many words that mean the same thing when broken down into brain processes.

The point being, labeling anything good or bad is silly, presumptuous, and damaging to culture. It's all about the relativity. Who is it good for? What is it good for? Why? Etc. You need to think beyond just the one word or instinct that pops into your head, because these things are shaped by so many outside forces we aren't in control of.

The example above is actually worth mentioning: the guy eating children for fun. I think most people can perceive this as evil pretty easily, and if I needed to convey how "bad" this act was to someone quickly, that is a very simple way of putting it. However, when you label it "evil" from a moral perspective, it's as though you trick yourself into already having figured it out. In other words, you don't care about WHY this happened, but are more content to block it from your mental processes because of how disgusting it is (and it is, indeed, disgusting to me).

It's clearly a criminal act, but IMO we are better off studying this person rather than just locking them up to rot forever, because there is definitely something to learn there. Who raised this person? What morality were they taught? What culture did they come from? Is there any genetic marker for this? Brain scans? It may seem like glorifying a criminal, but if we never understand the why, we will just keep locking people up because we think they are "wrong", blame the whole thing on them, and never make an attempt to change our society which might have created the lunatic in the first place.

Getting back to the original topic: I know exactly what you mean. Most people DO NOT like hearing information unfamiliar to them or something that might sound dangerous. It is quite amazing to me how something like SOPA can be going on, but then people are talking about sports or hollywood actors. The best thing you can do to get through to someone who is uninterested is try to find a relatable place to start from. Perhaps using something they like as an example to lead into what you have to say. It works better than outright saying "oh hey did you know our government might have orchestrated the 9/11 attacks?"

I've gotten frustrated with many who choose the blind ignorant path, and definitely show a "shutting down" or "change of topic" type of behavior. But sometimes all you have to do is stand firm, and if they hear you talk about it enough they may one day get curious.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hey Don't feel bad.....My wife's Uncle, Who I thought was a complete NUT for talking about these things Years ago used to say the same thing, Until one day I actually stepped back,Took a look at what was going on in this world and Now let me tell you I look forward when we get together!!!!.........So we can swap new Ideas and opinions about this absolutely crazy world...........It takes time for people to wake up and smell the Java!!!!........Hopefully they are not late when it is served!!!!

edit on 19-1-2012 by Stoneguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
feel the same way

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
my best friend didn't even listen! same boat all the way down the river pal.

at least people don't tell me 'its just the way things are' anymore cause I told them why and they looked shocked then they disbelieved and if my empathy still works I believe then they were worried =( such is the natural reaction to learning the entire planet is full of a'holes we call politicians and generals and mafia bosses and unaccountable black ops who don't give the slightest damn about killing someone to complete their job.

and don't get me started on the god damned black helicopters >=( anyone denying that one hasn't looked up. (ed: I say this with 100% confidence because I have photos =p )
edit on 19/1/2012 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Don't be discouraged. You have a whole website of people who would be happy to discuss these issues with you. The one thing you have to remember is that sometimes people hate the truth more than they hate the lie. If they hear the truth and aknowledge hearing it then it would seem strange when they just continue on like nothing happened. If they don't hear it or aknowledge it, then they can continue to live in their own happy world.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Join the Ron Paul movement. Seriously!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Its much easier for people to immerse themselves in petty dramas that have no bearing whatsoever than to face reality where they might, just might, have to either think or act outside of their own self interest. It sucks, I know. The world is full of such people. I just don't associate with them. They are the other 99%....the 99% who are oblivious to the real world. Get involved with thinking people. They're rare, and hard to find. When you do find them, befriend them, learn from them, and show them what you know as well so they can know too. That is how things ought to be, but rarely are.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The last couple years...let's call it my awakening...have been so depressing and horrible for me. The red pill really is a bitch. I never thought I was one who had my head in the sand, but I have been throwing myself into research lately and boy it sucks. Don't get me wrong, i won't quit, but I am not happily sailing through life ignoring everything around me and that is a huge cross to bear. I have become active in politics for the first time, and I mean as a citizen not a politician. I have been in knock down drag outs with members of my family because they just don't want to hear it. My mother just tells me to shut up, plain and simple. My Dad thinks the sun rises and sets by Obama...
, so that's a dead end...again "shut-up". What I get from most people is "so what" "nothing ever changes" "not going to effect my life". How do fight against all that apathy? Seriously? I am just an anxious, depressed blob these days. So sad. One light in the dark though....I have always worked hard along with my husband to instill good morals in our kids
....and even though peer pressure is much stronger than us, I think I might be making headway as far as the fate of the world stuff. My 19 year old daughter actually started researching the pres. candidates and taking polls etc (complete surprise to me). I recieved an email from her today saying a quiz she took lines her up with Ron Paul and did I think that was a good choice? She is all concerned now about getting registered in time for the primary and everything! AAAAAAHHH! Maybe there is hope after all.
edit on 19-1-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

PS...I haven't made up my mind for pres yet....I am just happy I got her head out of InTouch mag long enough to take an interest.
edit on 19-1-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

I know the feeling and all I can say to anyone is remind yourself to guard against casting your pearls upon swine. I'm constantly reminding myself to shut up and monitor the situation, meaning the vibe in the room will tell you if you're wasting your time. Unbelievers are a waste of your time and effort, not that these people are stupid or unintelligent because they seldom are, they're asleep to the world around them. Usually they don't become open to hearing a different perspective or any theories until they are adversely affected in some way then they're all ears and have a box load of questions. So to keep your relations with your family friendly avoid certain topics until they're ready to receive them.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stoneguy

Hey Don't feel bad.....My wife's Uncle, Who I thought was a complete NUT for talking about these things Years ago used to say the same thing, Until one day I actually stepped back,Took a look at what was going on in this world and Now let me tell you I look forward when we get together!!!!.........So we can swap new Ideas and opinions about this absolutely crazy world...........It takes time for people to wake up and smell the Java!!!!........Hopefully they are not late when it is served!!!!

edit on 19-1-2012 by Stoneguy because: (no reason given)

Seems like everybody had somebody in their lives that thought outside of the proverbial box who they thought was a "loon" just to discover they weren't years later. The alarm clock has been going off for many people but it's too easy for them to press the snooze button over and over.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
When their friends and family start getting locked up then they will care.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tpaine1809

This is what I tell my husband all the time, when he is laughing at me...he says I will be one of the first to go!! I think he's looking forward to the quiet time.....they won't want him, he's a good boy follows the rules....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Certainly the brown stuff is going to hit the fan quiet soon..
Lets see how these people act when they don't get their milk to their doorsteps, the lights don't turn on and the stores are closed and empty ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join