It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO one listens !!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
OK mods.. I dunno where to write this but.. i needed to write this somewhere..

I keep talking to my frnds and family about the economy , how the govt. is stealing money in several large arms deals. How the govt. controls the media and how a war might be on the horizon or.. how the electronic voting machines are controlled and i always keep getting answers like...

yeh..btw what happened t Oprah visiting India
ohh..did you see that football match
or.. did you see how this celeb broke up with that celeb

and finally i end up feeling like a complete moron, i mean nobody *SNIP* cares.. Its not like they believe the govt. version of the events. fact is... they don;lt even know the govt. version of the events as they don't care at all..
loots
Mods.. did not know where to post this..but i am just upset that the govt. is turning out to be dictatorship , dividing the society, creating hate between religions and people do nothing

edit on 19-1-2012 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

MY questions are rather simple..

How do you spread awareness to people who do not care about such issues at all ? as it seems 95% of the populations seems to be of this sort ...

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on January 19th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Life is so comfortable nowadays - and that is the main reason for such large scale apathy.

People do not really care about wars overseas as long as they still have food on the table, warm and comfortable homes, electricity, central heating, healthcare, etc etc.

It is an unpalatable truth to many but unfortunately the truth it is.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
You will notice if you follow popular culture or the mainstream news that you will end up getting extremely confused. There is a disconnect to reality. In a sense it is all a distraction.

Example:

Watch the news and notice that underlying issues leading up to an event are not properly discussed, historical references and motives are often left by the wayside. Instead the focus will be on some inconsequential "issue" that has been created by the speaker.

There is an elephant in the room, and no one wants to admit it is there!

Example:

Talking about other peoples' lives.

Within my own circle, I notice we talk about our selves more than anything. About how things affect us directly. However, when dealing with outside people I find them to spend more time talking about other people whose actions have no impact on them, life it is a part of their life.

What's this all mean?

As I mentioned before, it is a distraction. If people paid more attention to their own lives, and the effects that others had on their lives, I think they may stop caring about Oprah making a visit to India. Stop caring about what Freudian slip happened to their heads of state. Stop caring about constructed issues that really aren't issues.

Focusing on actions, the results that impact the world, is far more important than the words that spew from peoples' mouths.

As you mentioned Oprah, the first thing that comes to mind, is how she plays off people's emotions and has amassed a billion dollar empire from it. She is a predator. She preys on the minds of weak people. And somehow, no one notices.

Article on her.

That's it. Simple.

If you are talking to someone who takes advice from these people, or looks up to these people, there is no hope for them. Respecting them will make you a dumber person.

There are only a few people someone should look up to, respect, or heed the advice of, and you won't find them on TV, you will find them in your daily interactions in the life you live.

edit on 19-1-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Life is so comfortable nowadays - and that is the main reason for such large scale apathy.

People do not really care about wars overseas as long as they still have food on the table, warm and comfortable homes, electricity, central heating, healthcare, etc etc.

It is an unpalatable truth to many but unfortunately the truth it is.

But what about us?
Why do we care?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Turn your back to it, ignore it, the only power it has is the power you give it. You see it dominates, it becomes the centre of your mind, all thoughts emanating from it. Change your centre.

I would clarify such: You might think you know something for many years and then one day realise how little you truly know so you begin to investigate, well if you are a driven individual, and through that effort however consummate it may be you come to find yourself in, to use the popularised term, a rabbit hole. More plainly it is the pattern trap, an infinite kaleidoscopic hall. Many have been there before and so we may learn from their experience: You cannot but declare yourself part of the pattern when defining a pattern therefore: All patterns are dependent upon...YOU.

To change the pattern change yourself.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FejkNick

Good question - we do care but how much do we care? In previous generations (before things got so cushy) people like us that are attracted to places like this would more than likely have been those attending meetings and protests, etc, and generally spreading the word for whatever cause we were championing.

Nowadays? And i will include myself in this :-( We whinge on the internet and then go and get something from the fridge and turn the Tv / radio (or insert other pleasure here) on. In other words, if it doesn't directly affect we aren't truly bothered as we are so pampered.

This is either a massive flaw in our character or a piece of scary genius by TPTB in controlling us. I haven't decided which yet.....
edit on 19-1-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Good question - we do care but how much do we care? In previous generations (before things got so cushy) people like us that attracted to places like this would more than likely have been those attending meetings and protests, etc, and generally spreading the word for whatever cause we were championing.

Nowadays? And i will include myself in this :-( We whinge on the internet and then go and get something from the fridge and turn the Tv / radio (or insert other pleasure here) on. In other words, if it doesn't directly affect we aren't truly bothered as we are so pampered.

This is either a massive flaw in our character or a piece of scary genius by TPTB in controlling us. I haven't decided which yet.....

Good point.
I can only speak for myself. And i try to speak to people. Get them to think. And i use evidence that you cant close your eyes to. It works flawless. I have gotten 3 people to wake up in the last week and they are waking more people up. And these are people that have laughed at "Illuminati" before I spoke to them.
So I am doing my part, and I love my cats so I play with them as much I can. What scares me is the generation before mine, because I don't think we could wake them up even if we wanted.

But yeah, I have been there too. Their plan is almost flawless. Only flaw is free will and people that can use their mind.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I agree, i speak to people i meet about all sorts of issues and generally get met with that stare - you know the one - sort of says "yes..., anyway....".

That said, how many of us on here would actually stand up for our beliefs? You just don't see actions like even those the Suffragettes participated in these days. The only nations you see proper protest are nations that are still developing - how many people in Britain would be stood in front of the moving tank a la Tianneman Square?

I know ATS is full of people who claim they would stand and be counted but really the proof is in the pudding - complete lack of it in the Western World!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Everyone is taught from an early age to identify with the system. even if they can see it is unfair, messed up, bassackwards. People will still defend the system because its all they know. People are also very arrogant in their "knowledge" and will spew other peoples opinions on matters without even knowing what they are talking about. Any time I try to engage in conversation with anyone on any real topic of issue nowadays is like I'm trying to hold a conversation with Bill O'reilly or Rush Limbaugh, or any other of the slew of talking heads on T.V. Its like everyone knows that things are wrong and imploding, but to admit that reality to yourself brings a whole new reality with it. The reality that the world is not as it seems and there is much more to almost everything you've been taught to identify with your entire life. Life is already stressful enough, and who needs the added stress of knowing the truth? Much easier just to believe what you're told to and go along with the crowd.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Yeah. I know the stare.

And about standing up for what you believe in. I know I would. Really really. Because a man that is not ready to die for something at any given time is of no use whatsoever. And I have not become a father yet because I cant guarantee that my child would be born into a free world. So I have to fix that. But I am one man. We need people. And we need allot of people. Or organize a movement that actually works, which goal is to take back the power and give it to the people. With no middle-hands and no leader. Not just sit back and wait for annon to fix it. Or whoever.

But let me promise you this, if nothing happens and I see people going along with the chip, I am ready to go rambo. Alone.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I understand what your talking about. But going Rambo style will only lead to Death/Imprisonment/re-education(lol)
How would that benefit you as a soul ? The fact is once it has reached a point of no return its just better to leave the entire system with a group of close friends and live on your own outside the system !!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by maddy21

I understand what your talking about. But going Rambo style will only lead to Death/Imprisonment/re-education(lol)
How would that benefit you as a soul ? The fact is once it has reached a point of no return its just better to leave the entire system with a group of close friends and live on your own outside the system !!

Wont work like that. I am a free soul. I have free will. I will rather die fighting for what I believe in than hide for the rest of my life. And if God made us in our image, he will understand. But sure, go and hide when the time comes.

(I want to add that if there is ANY possibility that i can continue my life without bowing, I will. Going Rambo is the last resort.)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I understand what you're saying completely. People often forget that Good smiting Evil is a theme throughout history, and it was usually done with weapons. Why have the Good people become so pacified they will allow any slaughter as long as it's not theirs? They confuse pacifism = Ultimate Good.

I disagree, there comes a point, when men bent on murdering billions to profit need more than a Sign down the street from them to stop them.

OP There are a few people who listen, you will find more of them in the "Life has made me desperate" category, because yes, comfort breeds apathy. Good luck to us all.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

There is no such thing as good and evil. That paradigm was created so people would offer their support to the ones claiming to be good. Nothing more.

Humans are humans. People are people. The traits humans have are found in everyone. The only thing that separates us is some are better at manipulating than others.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This is old news. The lovely Dale Bazio and Missing Persons struggled with such issues as early as the 1980's.

If you Had the money and power to really make a difference would you use it? Many people do yet "the more things change the more they stay the same."

Just send your kids to Rock School and they will get a better education than our schools teach today - at least in social issues.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Sounds like someone needs to watch Idiocracy.

It might be considered a comedy by some, but it's more like straight up prophecy!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It maybe that you need to understand. It maybe this will help.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I already stand up. In fact, just last night some of us were discussing issues facing us from NDAA to SOPA and TSA. Of course, people like my wife just turn away to someone else and start a conversation so they don't have to hear the truth. It's much easier to live blindly in bliss than to acknowledge the painful truth.

If all the people on ATS who type about standing up and making a stand for our freedoms got together, that would be a huge movement that even the MSM couldn't ignore. Fact is, it is much easier for people to talk tough via a forum than to do it in person. Here they are anonymous. In front of others they are known, and they fear retribution for their beliefs.

When ever someones comfort zone gets threatened, they will usually back away and blend in.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by thejlxc

There is no such thing as good and evil. That paradigm was created so people would offer their support to the ones claiming to be good. Nothing more.

Humans are humans. People are people. The traits humans have are found in everyone. The only thing that separates us is some are better at manipulating than others.

I disagree. Good and Evil are words that can be defined. They are ideas that can be defined. We can make it as basic and simple as you like, but the ideas of good and evil are as real as any other mental construct. It's just a way to define actions.

This "everything is shades of gray" crap makes me mad.

A man killing and eating children for fun is EVIL.

I realize it will take a literal change in thinking for people to get, but some things can be clear cut enough to act.

Good and Evil are vague, I could simplify them down to Selfishness vs. Selflessness in many ways.

Whatever, it wont matter soon enough, and they have literally redefined Evil and Good, and Good as Evil, so you have a point. In this world not many people can see the difference anymore.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

A man killing and eating children for fun is EVIL.

Sorry, can you post some examples of someone killing and eating children for fun? This is a common occurrence is it? Something that should define all of society/mankind because it happens so much?

Whatever, it wont matter soon enough, and they have literally redefined Evil and Good, and Good as Evil, so you have a point. In this world not many people can see the difference anymore.

As I said, it is a tool to manipulate people. Good and evil is a superficial misnomer. A superficial explanation of a more complex issue.

It's absolute BS. Simple as that. And it is unhealthy to believe the world or people in it are either of the two.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join