It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time has gone wonky in my house. Every clock wrong. (Photos)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Good morning ATS'rs, well it is in the UK.. (I think!)

My alarm didn't go off this morning. In fact when I woke up at about 8.40am the house was quiet, and freezing.
The heating hadn't come on.

My alarm is set for 7.30am but it had stopped. I assumed the battery had died.
Then I noticed my mobile was showing the wrong time too, so I changed that, then I checked the heating, the timer said 6.00am. I adjusted it and turned it on.
Then I got downstairs, and noticed the kitchen clock was ticking, but said a completely different time.. and so did the bathroom clock.. and so did my home phone.
In fact the only way I could tell the time was via the TV (News24) and the PC when I turned it on.

Even freakier to me, my daughters watch that she recieved as a christmas present, which I was looking at yesterday, was showing another random time. This has a new battery in it, and it was set to the correct time, by her meticulous grandfather, so she could use it straight away on christmas day. So I'm finding it really hard to believe that the watch would be among the many things that suffered this spectacularly coincidental failure..

The other weird thing, is that barring the alarm clock.. all the clocks are still ticking, the second hands are still moving, the mobile, and home phones still have battery power, and the heating timer was still whirring.

I took some photos of the clocks/watch/phone.
The heating I changed straight away (It was flipping cold!) so I can't show you the timer.

Kitchen clock:

Bathroom clock.

Daughters watch. (Yes I know, the 'bling' isn't my cup of tea either..)

Home phone.

Times were:
Alarm clock: 5.45am
Heating: 6.00am
Bathroom clock: 4.42am
Kitchen clock: 7.13am
Watch: 9.51am
Home phone: 1.35am
The mobile I changed before I'd woken up completely. I can't remember what it said, but it was early hours of the morning.
I would have taken more pics, or timestamped them somehow, but between that, and making sure little one was ready for her ride to school, I just didn't think.

Sorry for the huge amounts of info, but I feel 'zapped' for want of a better word, absolutely drained. I'm just looking for an explanation, but if you're anything like me, you want to know the facts, and have as much proof as possible, before you start to offer insight.

edit on 19-1-2012 by Deplume because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
If I may just ask a dumb question.

What are the chances of your daughter or some one else playing a trick?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
How strange! What ever it was, it didn't affect my clocks. Mechanical, radio and computer all working fine (I'm in Pennine Yorkshire).

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Pics or it didn.... wait. A pic of a clock is not helping here....

:-)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Wow this is quite weird. All my clocks/phones, even my cars clock and my microwave have been playing up recently. I was late for work yesterday as my alarm never went off, I was surprised to see my phone still said 01h00 when I woke up and the sun was shining. Once I realised it was actually 09h00 (after calling the automated time service) I got dressed in a hurry ran to the car and saw the time was 11h00 I freaked out, sped off to work, and then the radio said it had just gone 09h30.

I was so confused. My wife also told me later than her phones time was also wrong and that the clock in our kitchen and microwave were wrong too.

Very odd indeed.

Wonder what it could be? I did hear we are moving through a highly magentised area of space currently so maybe it has to do with that?!
Source > www.space.com...

Peace

PW

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Have you corrected all the clocks?

If so are they now just running normally saying the same time now?

Its a pretty weird thing to happen, would freak me out!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
If I may just ask a dumb question.

What are the chances of your daughter or some one else playing a trick?

That I can honestly rule out. The kitchen clock alone is above door level, and there's a computer desk in the way, so even standing on a chair she couldn't reach it. (She's 6) The mobile, alarm clock, and boiler (heating timer) are all in my bedroom. The door was shut and makes a hell of a racket if anyone tries to open it.
The home phone is my dads, he gave it to me a few months ago when my original home phone died (I don;t have much luck with electrics), it was set by my dad, neither myself or small would have a clue how to reset it (Looks like I'm going to have to find a manual now)

As for anyone else, Only one other person has a key to my house, but my doors are bolted at night, top and bottom of both front and back doors, so there's no way anyone could have got in, even with a key.
It's just me and little one here, so I'm massively security conscious.

The watch was in the cupboard where I left it after looking at it yesterday, she didn't know where it was, but I admit, she could have reached that easily if she'd wanted to, but it's her first watch, so I don;t think she knows how to change the time on it. it would involve getting a chair, taking it down, working out how to change the time, then putting it back..
I'll ask her to change the time on it when I fetch her from school, if she can't figure out how to adjust it, I'll rule it out.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
What actually happening is the fabric of time is tearing itself apart.

Keep an eye for reports of strangers being found who don't know were they are and how they got there.

Also this is not new to me because last year around Sept 21 2011 me and my mom had a freeky experience of "shadow image"A Past reflection of a person who was there at one time in the past.

Time is actually bending on itself.

edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: time bending

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Have you corrected all the clocks?

If so are they now just running normally saying the same time now?

Its a pretty weird thing to happen, would freak me out!

Bathroom one is too high for me to reach, so I'll have to get a chair for that, and I can;t figure out the home phone clock right now, but yes, all the rest have been changed back, and are ticking/whirring away normally...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Pics or it didn.... wait. A pic of a clock is not helping here....

:-)

Well I DID TRY!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
You seem to have corrected the time on your
Sony cellphone before you snapped the other
pictures. What did you use as a reference for
your cellphone?

edit on 19-1-2012 by snewpers because: meh

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Question ... did you have a lightning storm that night?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Its obviously just some aliens who were going to try and fix your unbroken clocks. It didn't work out, but they tried right?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
What actually happening is the fabric of time is tearing itself apart.
Time is actually bending on itself.

Well then, problem solved.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
So we have either a:-
1. Prank pulled on you.
2. Prank your pulling on us (I mean, you could have taken those pics of clocks at any time, I've seen a pic of Big Ben once, it had the time on it too but it didn't match the real time cause it was a photo!
3. The twilight zone happened at your place but spared everyone else.
4. Seeing as its happening to battery clocks, I guess that rules out the chance that a frequency change/shift in the Hz of your local power is the culprit... That doesn't leave much left to go on....

Edit. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

edit on 19-1-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
You must have a really old mobile phone. The new ones self adjust the time. Heck, I don't know if I can even change mine. The only option I see anymore is turning on/off daylight savings.
Prank on us?
edit on 1/19/2012 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

You can still set your time manually. Even on an
iphone...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

I don't have one of those, just putting that idea out there. Never seen my mobile phone ever off at all.
Didn't know that any were adjustable except for time zones and DLS time.
edit on 1/19/2012 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Can you give us more info? I believe you but would like to hear what else.

Good luck
edit on 19-1-2012 by maluminse because: new details and gun opwnerhip

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Very strange!!!! Unless you're pulling a fast one.

Time to check the Time folks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join