It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Navy Rescues Another Iranian Fishing Boat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinityThis single carrier group is more capable and more powerful than the entire combined forces or Iran.

Iran is not Libya or even Iraq.... I'd put this together for another project based on the most recent data available from the CIA World Factbook.

They aren't our equal in Blue Water naval power, but they've never even tried. They ARE very good in very shallow, close-in water warfare like the tight confines of the Hormuz straight. If they venture into our water in the open Sea, we'll stomp 'em. However....we aren't Godlike and in their backyard, we can't just smite them. Daddy Bush used a combined force of a half a MILLION men and most of our Navy to fight Iraq the first time, and HE was right.

Obama is playing games with a couple CVBG's and very limited resources beyond that...with a nation MUCH larger in every respect than Iraq has ever thought of being. Persia isn't Arabia and we don't have the Military we did in 1990. We have nothing close to it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by sonnny1

Cheers Sonnny1,
These days, even when you try to do right, there are those who claim
you have an ulterior motive to do wrong. Even "The Good Samaritan" is suspect.
If they keep pushing the negative charge, you know a positive charge is going to strike.
Fast as lightning.

Its only cheers,if we raise our glasses!

Heres to good Samaritans,and a better year!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by SplitInfinityThis single carrier group is more capable and more powerful than the entire combined forces or Iran.

Iran is not Libya or even Iraq.... I'd put this together for another project based on the most recent data available from the CIA World Factbook.

They aren't our equal in Blue Water naval power, but they've never even tried. They ARE very good in very shallow, close-in water warfare like the tight confines of the Hormuz straight. If they venture into our water in the open Sea, we'll stomp 'em. However....we aren't Godlike and in their backyard, we can't just smite them. Daddy Bush used a combined force of a half a MILLION men and most of our Navy to fight Iraq the first time, and HE was right.

Obama is playing games with a couple CVBG's and very limited resources beyond that...with a nation MUCH larger in every respect than Iraq has ever thought of being. Persia isn't Arabia and we don't have the Military we did in 1990. We have nothing close to it.

So it wouldn't be easy to take over Iran.

And if it was , US would have done it by now ?
edit on 19/1/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I will state this again. Put all your war data aside for a moment,
and witness this event for what it is.

The Third Act of Kindness.

Divine Intervention.

If this does not bear fruit towards open lines of communication and respect,
Well then batten down the hatches.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I will state this again. Put all your war data aside for a moment,
and witness this event for what it is.

The Third Act of Kindness.

Divine Intervention.

If this does not bear fruit towards open lines of communication and respect,
Well then batten down the hatches.

1. If it were any other Navy but the US...

2. If you hadn't used the term "Divine Intervention"

Then maybe...

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Glasses raised,
and cheers to you.

Hey Waitress, when you get a chance, bring a tray of pints to the
table for my friends and myself. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Every Carrier group is armed with enough Nuclear weapons to destroy Iran entirely. Now restate your claims.
Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Just feeding your Wolf a bone to chew on
Jude11. Maybe I should have tossed him a ball.
I'll separate Church and State from further discussion
out of respect to your views and let Divine Intervention
speak for itself.

Lets just say you heard it here first though, shall we?

More Links: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.google.com...

www.rawstory.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

I will try to find the Infamous Presstv.Ir link for you, but I am sure you will see that and Pravda next
anyway. Best,

edit on 19-1-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Add New Links/Content

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Just feeding your Wolf a bone to chew on
Jude11. Maybe I should have tossed him a ball.
I'll separate Church and State from further discussion
out of respect to your views and let Divine Intervention
speak for itself.

Lets just say you heard it here first though, shall we?

More Links: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.google.com...

www.rawstory.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

I will try to find the Infamous Presstv.Ir link for you, but I am sure you will see that and Pravda next
anyway. Best,

edit on 19-1-2012 by Wildmanimal because: Add New Links/Content

S'ok

Just not a divine intervention fan but when or if it presents itself as such, I'll remember the thread.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Peace to you Jude11 as well.
I have to sign off now.
Thanks for the discussion.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well let's see what my paranoid bone says......Check the rescuers for bio or perhaps they are checking our reaction times.But hey....I'm paranoid.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
What intrigues me is a little bit ago, a story came out that the US can virtually "cloak events." My Oh My would it be sad if these weren't "rescues."

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Maybe the next recue will have a little nuke inside the boat just like the COLE but with a bigger punch.
Think they are just setting up there bait.

Is there a way to detect a nuke from a distance

edit on 19-1-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
There rescuing fisherman not that big of a deal. I'd say Iran hasn't got a sophisticated coast guard to rescue every damn boat that runs into trouble.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
As has been recently posted on a few other topics and stated in News reports. China has now taken a hard line stance with Iran...as has Russia. This whole affair will blow over and just because the Fifth Fleet has helped rescue a few captive Iranians has nothing to do with any of this as the Fifth Fleet would do this for any country.

This topic was born from the idea that someone in U.S. Intell. decided it would be a good show to the Iranians if we helped save a few of their own people...the reality is that even though the Fifth fleet would do this for anyone in trouble...this has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

The two issues are...IRAN...painting itself in a corner by stating that it could shut down the most important energy water shipping route in the world.....and the other...that Iran has to let Nuclear inspectors back in to ALL Iranian Nuclear sites or else very powerful sanctions will be placed on Iran.

The thought of these new sanctions were the reason that Iran made the mistake of stating they might use their Navy to shut down Oil shipments which of course Iran itslf uses this Strait to ship their own OIL!

The U.S...even knowing this was just a bunch of toothless threats...sent in USN Battle Groups to assure to keep the water lanes open. Even in the Immensly limited chance Iran would do this...the USN would have the strait reopened in a matter of about a day or two. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LoonyConservative

The USS KIDD (DDG100) a Arleigh Burke class destroyer under Commanding Officer Jennifer L.Ellinger saved 13
Iranian fishermen who were held captive in their own dhow. USS KIDD on its way back to its San Diego base called at my country in SE Asia. Americans like Jennifer project a different facet to the world and she should be commended for her actions. I liken her to a WW2 U Boat commander Werner Hartenstein of U156 who during the course of his career saved a lot of lives defying Hitler and the Kriegsmarines. Most famous was "the Laconia Incident" now made into a two part telemovie.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by P12SOLD

Iran does not have a sophisticated Coast Guard. What.. their F4 Phantoms and F14 Tomcats are no longer used by the US and so it will be a "walk in the park". Do these facts make you feel better. The fishermen have to earn a living so they have to go out to sea. What the US navy did is highly commendable in view of the situation there. At least there are still Americans in uniform who still have compassion in their hearts.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by P12SOLD

Iran does not have a sophisticated Coast Guard. What.. their F4 Phantoms and F14 Tomcats are no longer used by the US and so it will be a "walk in the park". Do these facts make you feel better. The fishermen have to earn a living so they have to go out to sea. What the US navy did is highly commendable in view of the situation there. At least there are still Americans in uniform who still have compassion in their hearts.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
What if the Iranians, rescues the USS Enterprise, when she arrives on station, after a hypothetical reactor SCRAM which results in her being dead in the water......

YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!

Thats just about as real as these guys ever figuring out this mess, which will probably get the whole thing started.... so to speak

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Yes there is tech to detect from a distance.
By the way, The Iranian Public do not have a hand in this matter.
Nor will they have a choice in the resolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join