It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New PPP Poll Shows Colbert With Stonger Favorability Than All Other Republicans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
www.publicpolicypolling.com...

36% of voters have a favorable opinion of him to 28% with a negative one. His 36% favorability is better than the entire GOP field. Romney's at 35%, Santorum at 30%, Paul at 27%, Gingrich at 26%, and Perry at 21%. Colbert's popular with Democrats (47/21) and independents (43/26) but not with Republicans (18/39) despite his best efforts to run as one of their Presidential candidates.

Oh snap! Colbert is getting a higher favorability than Romney and everyone else in the GOP field running for president! Could this be good news for the Republicans? Maybe Colbert could pull in some Democrats and Independents if he somehow ends up as a GOP candidate? The PPP poll says his prescence works to their advantage.

Stephen Colbert wants to run for President but he's not on the ballot in South Carolina. Americans Elect is on the ballot in a lot of states but doesn't have a candidate. Could Colbert and Americans Elect's interests intersect? We find Colbert getting 13% in a hypothetical third party run for President, compared to 41% for Obama and 38% for Romney. A Colbert bid could be a blessing in disguise for the GOP. His voters go for Obama over Romney 52-38 in a straight head to head, so his presence as a potential candidate works to the Republicans' advantage.

Colbert very much could be a crucial factor in this election. Colbert may only be getting 13% if he ran 3rd party, but at the top of the link, the poll says Obama leads Romney 49-44.....then looking at the above quote, Colbert's voters go for Obama, rather than Romney if Colbert isnt a 3rd party, leaving Obama with 52-38.

edit on 18-1-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
hes got my vote

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
He is the only man that can finally save America and set it right...

...in probably some very wrong ways but it will still end up right.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
He even beat Ron Paul in online polling.

Is that even possible?

This isn't satire?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Oh, this is hilarious!!

Colbert is running these commercials in South Carolina!

And:

And:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
OMG! I wish Colbert would seriously make a run for president! He'd have my vote! And he'd be the most awesome president in the history of presidents! Lol! I heard somewhere that he ran in the last election and was booted from the ballot. I guess no one took him seriously.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I love those adds they make me laugh. I really want to see how many votes Cain/Colbert gets with this. If he gets a lot there are going to be some very angry people. Again I will be ROFL if it happens. In the polls Colbert is winning.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Humor is the best vehicle to show the absurdity of some people. What Colbert is doing is nothing short of brilliant to show how damaging Citizens United is to our election system but more importantly how utterly retarded the Republican party has become.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
in all honesty... he is a comedian using his influence as satirical pundit to make a mockery of the election process. I don't like what he is doing... but as long as he makes Gingrich, Obamney, Santorum, and Perry look bad while Ron Paul stays strong... I really don't mind in the end because maybe more people will get involved which in turn will water down the GOP neo-con vote.

I see pro's and cons... but I really hope it works for the candidate im supporting... not to mention wake people up and help them realize who the real puppets are.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
He is going to take votes away from all the candidits however I think it will hurt RP more than most considering the demographic. I think most people already know Romney is going to win the republican party and lose in Dec. It is a lose lose situation. Free speech costs money

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
in all honesty... he is a comedian using his influence as satirical pundit to make a mockery of the election process. I don't like what he is doing...

You are confused. Colbert is not "making" a mockery of the election cycle, he is shining a light on it. The process de-evolved into a bunch of apes tossing feces at eachother long before Colbert pointed it out.

Have you been following the news? Colbert's campaign is tame in comparison.

"Making a mockery of the election cycle"...wow you should be a comedian

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

He's not even a real politician and he's throwing himself in the ring. thats why i say he's making a mockery out of it. Placing a flashlight on the process? in an extent, yes... and to some people it did wake them up... but again he's not even a real politician... just a TV persona (an entertainer.) who decided to jump into the election ring.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

He is also using humor and satire to spotlight the hypocritical nature of the so-called "Super PACs" (the newest loopholes created since that disgusting Supreme Court decision known as "Citizens United").

Here, Colbert is skewering the whole thing, blowing it wide open:

Indecision 2012 - Colbert Super PAC - Coordination Resolution with Jon Stewart

OH! And a few days later:

Colbert Super PAC - Not Coordinating with Stephen Colbert

edit on Thu 19 January 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

just a TV persona (an entertainer.) who decided to jump into the election ring.

Ever hear of Ron Reagan? Arnold Schwartzeneger?

To a large extent they are all simply TV persona's...saying outrageous things to pluck at peoples emotions...

Just because Colbert aims to make us laugh instead of shout doesn't mean he doesn't also make us THINK and to a large extent he does that better than the others because he doesn't take himself too seriously.

IMO Not only is it fair for him to run, it is neccessary.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

He's not even a real politician and he's throwing himself in the ring. thats why i say he's making a mockery out of it. Placing a flashlight on the process? in an extent, yes... and to some people it did wake them up... but again he's not even a real politician... just a TV persona (an entertainer.) who decided to jump into the election ring.

What is a real politician anyway? He's as good as any. Love the the mockery actually. It is a mockery right now, and he's only making fun of that fact. And if Palin can be a candidate taken seriously, (gag) and now getting wooed by gingrich for a cabinet seat, why not Colbert? Stewart should run with him on a ticket, that would be great.

If people are smart enought to appreciate him (after all he is really not a conservative republican) then that means the public is on the upswing of the learning curve. Halaluyah!

join