It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precognitive Dreams increasing in frequency?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I've begun to notice lately an increase in the number of threads created by people who have dreams about everyday situations that later play out in the waking world exactly like they did in the dream, I'm seeing these threads here on ATS, and on several other dream related site. I've been following the online dream scene for years, and have always enjoyed the more bizarre stories of dreaming, and it just occurred to me tonight that I've never seen this many reports of this happening before. Just in the last few months, there have been tons.

I personally believe dreams are responsible for Deja Vu. If you do a google search on Deja Reve and you'll find lots of information on it.

The thing is, Deja Vu seems to have turned into Deja Reve. That is to say that previously Deja Vu was common, but these days it seems that what use to be "Whoa! This has happened before!" has turned into "Whoa! I've dreamed of this before. People always recognized Deja Vu as having happened before, but lately people are remember where they saw it for the first time.

This change happened for me a few years ago. When I have Deja Vu now, it comes with an unshakable certainty that I've dreamed about it. I've never had a dream that I remember first and then it happens, which considering the amount of zombies monsters and supervillains in my dreams, is probably a good thing.

Now if this is increasing in frequency, then the odds are good that more people are going to have this happen. So I was wondering if somebody would be so kind as to test something out for me. I really want to know what would happen if one were to try and change the real world version of the dream. Get it to deviate from the original. Would it be possible?

I'm picture what happened in the time travel movie Primer. They went back in time and people would continue to carry on the conversation from the original timeline no matter what the time traveler said. Something like that, I need to watch that movie again.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

How's this one for you I had a dream about 6 months ago about me in a classroom with nobody I knew and had no idea why, we were all just sitin at computers looking at caves on them and were taking notes on them and when I woke up I had no idea what it was supposed to mean and just stuck it in the back of my mind. Well fast foward to a couple days ago I started my Intro to Visual Arts in my second semester and well I'll be damned same room, same people, same cave systems on the moniter, same notebook in front of me. I would love for somebody to explain it to me because I certainly can't.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
i've tested this theory of yours which was also a theory of mine at one point, changing it only leads to more dreams and more deja vu, and that the path you changed is gone for good.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Right. It seems to me that the memory, or Deja Vu, moves right along with what's happening - not ahead of real-time. So I don't know if I changed it by, for example, shaking my head, or if it just ended there.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
i've tested this theory of yours which was also a theory of mine at one point, changing it only leads to more dreams and more deja vu, and that the path you changed is gone for good.

Yeah, I figured that was the most likely outcome.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
I've begun to notice lately an increase in the number of threads created by people who have dreams about everyday situations that later play out in the waking world exactly like they did in the dream, I'm seeing these threads here on ATS, and on several other dream related site. I've been following the online dream scene for years, and have always enjoyed the more bizarre stories of dreaming, and it just occurred to me tonight that I've never seen this many reports of this happening before. Just in the last few months, there have been tons.

I personally believe dreams are responsible for Deja Vu. If you do a google search on Deja Reve and you'll find lots of information on it.

The thing is, Deja Vu seems to have turned into Deja Reve. That is to say that previously Deja Vu was common, but these days it seems that what use to be "Whoa! This has happened before!" has turned into "Whoa! I've dreamed of this before. People always recognized Deja Vu as having happened before, but lately people are remember where they saw it for the first time.

This change happened for me a few years ago. When I have Deja Vu now, it comes with an unshakable certainty that I've dreamed about it. I've never had a dream that I remember first and then it happens, which considering the amount of zombies monsters and supervillains in my dreams, is probably a good thing.

Now if this is increasing in frequency, then the odds are good that more people are going to have this happen. So I was wondering if somebody would be so kind as to test something out for me. I really want to know what would happen if one were to try and change the real world version of the dream. Get it to deviate from the original. Would it be possible?

I'm picture what happened in the time travel movie Primer. They went back in time and people would continue to carry on the conversation from the original timeline no matter what the time traveler said. Something like that, I need to watch that movie again.

In my experience two things will happen, either :

A) you were meant to 'change it' which causes more deja vu, in which case you really changed nothing at all.

or

B) The actions you change are fulfilled by another person and you fulfill the other persons actions, for example:

I dream about getting a cup of coffee but spill it everywhere and my girlfriend laughs at me. So instead i decide to change these actions, i go down stairs to find my girlfriend making a cup or coffee which she spills and i laugh, its like life is following a script or something.

Throughout life there is also a theme of re-occurring events, these events are always the same in nature however they can differ in details, if you were to map them out they would look like a spiral, anyway you are likely to cause option B to occur if your conscious mind is unaware of the event repeating itself but your unconscious mind is, your unconscious mind becomes aware of the repeating events either by repeating them over and over in dream land and then waking land or simply by chance.

I tried to use casual language in my post because complex, pseudo scientific language only serves to define events in terms of accurate descriptions, what i am describing is so broad or large that using specific language would only serve to complicate things

PM if you want to know more but everything i talk about is gathered from personal experience and then 'assimilated' into language, which must then be 'deconstructed' by your mind to fit your experiences, what im saying is there may be small bits of information that are ' lost in translation ' .
edit on 24-1-2012 by TruthIncarnate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthIncarnate
or

B) The actions you change are fulfilled by another person and you fulfill the other persons actions, for example:

I dream about getting a cup of coffee but spill it everywhere and my girlfriend laughs at me. So instead i decide to change these actions, i go down stairs to find my girlfriend making a cup or coffee which she spills and i laugh, its like life is following a script or something.

Now that I find fascinating. It's pretty much the archetypal variation I was hoping for. The differences in your two versions of the coffee spill incident is typical of the discrepancies in shared dreams, which are a bit different in the details but essentially the same thing.

I've also seen the same sort of subtle variations in dreams where the person dreamed of a location then went there to check the details. In that case he dreamed there was an oval sculpture of a whale, but when he went there, there was an oval painting of a whale hunt .

Throughout life there is also a theme of re-occurring events, these events are always the same in nature however they can differ in details, if you were to map them out they would look like a spiral, anyway you are likely to cause option B to occur if your conscious mind is unaware of the event repeating itself but your unconscious mind is, your unconscious mind becomes aware of the repeating events either by repeating them over and over in dream land and then waking land or simply by chance.

Dreams are expressed through archetypes. What you're describing there is the formation of one. The brain is a neural network, and neural networks store patterns.

PM if you want to know more but everything i talk about is gathered from personal experience and then 'assimilated' into language, which must then be 'deconstructed' by your mind to fit your experiences, what im saying is there may be small bits of information that are ' lost in translation ' .
edit on 24-1-2012 by TruthIncarnate because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I could see that. Information that doesn't fit the current perceptual schemata you're using could get cast aside, especially since everything pretty much requires your attention to esist.

Lol, I think we're on the same page. I'm coming at it from the perspective of dream control.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So, a possible explanation as for why precognitive dreams seem to be increasing in frequency might be that the earth is experiencing a period of low geomagnetic activity.

I came across this tidbit of information from the Dr. Michael Persinger video linked in this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't ask me to explain why just yet, I'm still trying to digest the information. But if you google the term "low geomagnetic activity" it yields a surprising number of results pertaining various psi abilities.

So, the next time someone experiences a precognitive dream, it would prove interesting to check out the geomagnetic indices. One such site that provides this information can be found here.
www-app3.gfz-potsdam.de...

edit on 13-2-2012 by The Cusp because: typo

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Very interesting correlations between psi abilities amd geomagnetics. Haven't read your links yet but i will.

I have never really experienced a lot of deja vu as an adult.
Dreams and visions, yes. I have been writing them down for years.
Infact, my latest one concerns Petra. Not sure what to make
of it yet. Gotta do some research on it and learn more about
the place.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i've only ever had one dream where I saw something within the dream i'd never seen, and seen it later on.
and it had nothing to do with anything really.

it was more or less about playing poker in some random townhouse complex, the dream left no impact on me, until one day some guy got shot a couple blocks away from my house, so for whatever reason I decided I wanted to go walk and see the scene since it was so close and they had the LAV cause apparently he was armed with an M4 (i'm in canada so this never happens lol). to get a better view of the scene, I walk up this little hill just off the side of the highway, which leads to the townhouse complex from my dream! I had never been there, but instantly I was like HOLY FUUUU.
I knew at that point deja vu was an understatement.

other then that, i've had war dreams, underground zombie lab facility dreams, nuclear blast dreams, and just recently a psychic sasquatch dream lol
hope to god THOSE aren't premonitions

Ex

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well. here's mine from night before last:

I am in a laboratory that has two rows and extends as far as the eye can see.
Everyone is bussling about involved with whatever work they are doing.
We all have holographic screen that can be pulled down from somewhere above
Everyone is dressed in white and as I stick my arm out,
I see that I have an extremely long arm and red fingernail polish.
I pull down my screen and it is a holograpic image of our earth from space
and I see all of the UFO's
of every kind circling the planet waiting for an awakening of all of humanity
I can translate their language.
They are waiting for us to be able to join the Universal race.
We are one. We are One is the translation.

My kids think I lost it....but then who's to say.......

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have gotten them my whole life. But they are any where from 6 weeks to 6 months out.They are of new places I have never been too, sometimes people I have never met.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've noticed a lot of Christians having more prophetic dreams. I was never really a believer in those types of dreams until I started having them. I've had dreams about the destruction of Las Vegas, St.Louis, and the most pressing is the east coast Tsunami. When I started researching the dreams I found a lot of other Christians and other people having similar dreams. It looks like a lot of you may not be believers but I believe God is pouring out is spirit on his people to warn them and to have them warn others. I have never been to St.Louis but I saw the arch being destroyed. For part of my dream I was in the arch on the ride looking out over the city and then it was being destroyed. When I googled St.Louis to look up the arch and look up the elevator ride inside of the arch it was exactly what I had seen in my dream. I currently live in South Carolina and I really feel the East Coast Tsunami is happening soon. Very soon. I feel a sense of urgency with trying to get my family moved. I have had 4 dreams alone just about the east coast in the past year. I started a blog to warn people and I am trying to warn as many people as possible. I might not have any "proof" but I know what God is telling me. Take a look at my blog at my dreams and pray about and see how you feel after reading it or what God tells you. www.john1410.blogspot.com

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: The Cusp

I have done this "experiment" by accident once, 2 or 3 years ago (idk i have a terrible sense of time, ironically enough). I literally created this account 1 minute ago to post this, because I have never met anyone except me and my father who has precognitive dreams like I do. (It's kind of funny to see some people's reactions : P) But, on my experience; My stepfather was driving me to my school, and he said something (it's been so long now, verbatim doesn't last long in my memory) that I don't remember, but what I do remember is that I interrupted him mid-sentence ABOUT recounting my dream, which I had NOT done in the dream. That was the first, and, as of now as far as I know, the only time I changed the outcome of a precognitive dream. I haven't had many recently, unfortunately, I miss them a bit. : ( However, I also gained a full understanding of what's going on in the dream (longest length of ~7 seconds, not to long, sight, sound, internal thought). I found this when googling how to increase precognitive dream frequency. Anyways, it IS possible to change outcomes, Final Destination style, only you'll be fine : P
edit on 2 26 15 by sharpturn because: (no reason given)

top topics

join