It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HURRAH! ATS has a new and updated video player!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
After some hair-pulling days wrestling unwilling code into submission, we finally have a new, modern, and improved video player worthy of the videos available from ATS. There's a long list of new features, but here are the most important aspects...

Opens New Window

This was one of the most prevalent complaints I've received via private messages, the embedded videos (in threads) prevented members from browsing around ATS while watching and listening to our videos. Our new player opens in a new window from the video thumbnail... like this:

(click to open player in new window)

Expanded Play Lists

When you use the new player, just below the video you're watching you'll notice a side-scrolling playlist of videos within the same "channel." With the new playlist, you can easily find current videos you've missed without going to another thread or a separate page.

Higher Quality Video

The new player supports MP4/H.264 video format and codecs. If you don't know what that means, trust us, it's good. If you do know, then you do know. Also the new videos look much better if you like to expand yours to full screen (we know the ladies like Brian at full screen).

HTML5 and Mobile Support

This is the second most common request... the new player now works on mobile devices like Android and Apple phones, and iPad tablets -- without needing Flash. In fact, in testing, our videos streamed better to my iPad than YouTube videos.

Better Embedded Playlists

If you choose to grab a video and embed it into your blog or FaceBook page, the included playlists are now much more relevant, and mirror what you see in the pop-up player here on ATS.

Better Sharing

There are also now more options for easier sharing on social networks and blogging systems.

MORE ADS!

Well... our members and viewers may not be too excited about this one... but our videographers are.

More and better ads means that Bobby, Brian, The Conspiracy Chicks, Johnny Anonymous (and others) have a better change to see some monetary reward for their hard work. Yes, we have (and always have) shared the ad revenue with the people who make videos for us -- it's only fair.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm liking it so far...The old one loved to buffer every few seconds for me when I watched the recap vids.

This one seems to not be doing it at all for me.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Just that first sentence deserves much kudos Sir! Personally I have no idea what was really "wrong" with the old player but I am not a judge either. I haven't quite got round to seeing it so look forward to that and appreciate the effort expended in wrestling that code to the floor.

Additional: Just read the rest of the list of improvements and hats off Staff! As for ads, if I can give people a few cents back for their time to make vids for ATS by viewing products I probably can't afford to buy anyway...I'm fine with that.

Thank you!

edit on 18/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

ETA Just watched the latest ATS recap vid and the new player is indeed a thing to admire. I could be wrong but it feels more fluid and possibly with better quality video.

edit on 19/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Very nicely done! Kudos.
But minus the ad at first,but I understand why it's there.

edit on 19-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Kinda of curious to the monetary thing,none of my business,just asking.
edit on 19-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well if I can pay with ads to watch lies on television, I surely dont mind having to see ads for the truth.

Well done as always ATS!! You never cease to amaze me!!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

yeah all well and good but the banner boxes are sticking through Brian's head.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This is great. It removes the dependency on sites like you tube and the such that are inevitably bias and less demanding of their content. Awesome. Two thumbs up from this guy!

edit on 19-1-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Oh i just watched it before and it was really smooth, clear and beautiful, i was about to complain because i didnt get the recent recap on youtube, so i thought ok ill watch it here, i'm pretty patient so stopping and stating of the stream wasnt going to bother me that much, then WOW the video streamed ahead at full speed, crysal clear and i had to actually watch the recap twice, because the first time i played it i was too busy taking in the new player lol. It was really nice.

Thank You so much, i cant wait to get back to the ATS vids and rewatch some of them, its on my to do list for tomorrow

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
and you can't maximise the page when it appears so it just sits there out of place and not even centred.

and I reduced my view size cos I thought that might be why the boxes were in his head but it didn't make any difference..

edit on 19/1/2012 by Thurisaz because: edit to add little pic

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Please forgive my ignorance but, who is the member hosting the ATS video in the OP? This is my first time watching one of the videos and would like to know who the fantastic host is.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

im using Google chrome at the moment and its fine, i can slide the sides to make it smaller, its not interfering with the clips at all.

That vintage tab your referring to is at the end of all the other tabs for me.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

ok i just opened it up in Explorer and yeah its like you say. i couldn't resize it and the tabs were all screwed up.

i don't have firefox on my lap top to see how it works on that one though.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

thx Whatever. I usually get yelled at for pointing stuff like this out

I have tried it with firefox also and it is the same.

minor issues but it has got to be user friendly

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Great Work!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Very well done ATS!
Very well!

For this continuos upgrade of this Web Site and for other (...classified...) reasons, this is the BEST WEB SITE!

S&F!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Let me rub my eyes real quick, I think I seen MOBILE SUPPORT?!?! yep, mobile support ftw!

Now all ats needs is automatic links to the embedded videos for the mobile site, because this is what they look like on here... >

(click to open player in new window)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Meh! Still buffers to kingdom come for me. I would like an option to download the videos.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

YEA FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND PROGRESS.

Uhhh . . . one little item . . . the new window that opens up is evidently not able to be resized.

Resizing is somewhat important to me . . . my 2nd monitor is not as large as my main one.

How easy would that be to fix?

Have a blessed weekend.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Not too long ago I commented on a thread that the video's wouldn't play on a iPad/iPod. Two, maybe three weeks later: a brand spanking new player!

You guys rule, seriously. It's almost as if you were listening to me and decided, yeah he's a nice bloke, let's do this for him.

Offcourse this wasn't the case, but still, thank you!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Some refinements...

The window is larger upon launched, the tab buttons are fixed, and the window is now resizable.

Note...

Only yesterdays ATS RECAP is playable on mobile devices so far. We need to re-encode videos in the new format to enable mobile or non-Flash playback. We're going to at least do all the Truth is Viral and RECAP videos... and well do more older videos as the need arises.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join