It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Parks Millions in Cayman Islands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

There is a video. I can not watch it at the moment without incurring the wrath of my 6'3" son who is in the same room trying to do homework.flame:

Although it is not apparent on his financial disclosure form, Mitt Romney has millions of dollars of his personal wealth in investment funds set up in the Cayman Islands, a notorious Caribbean tax haven.

and

"His personal finances are a poster child of what's wrong with the American tax system," said Jack Blum, a Washington lawyer who is an authority on tax enforcement and offshore banking.

So why is it not apparent on his financial disclosure forrn??? Because he knows it looks bad. Glad ABC caught this one.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Reasons why Obama and the DNC want Romney to be the Republican Candidate? This Thread!

I'll bet there are some very angry democrats right now who'd been sitting on this little gem until Romney stood alone against Obama. No fears though...I'll bet they have MANY other little bits of trivia to share with an interested public when the time comes. They're going to destroy him......and that's why they want him SO badly...they just need him to win the candidacy first.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Gee why is this a surprise to anyone?
I'm sure everyone already knew that.

What I don't understand is how ABC was able to obtain personal information that is supposed to be secret in the first place.
Seems to me Obama gave them the ok.

Can we now finally see Obama" s college transcripts?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Let's disregard all of that.

Registered individuals of the United States of America...
Would any of you Actually vote for Mitt Romney? I know most of you may not like Obama, but would you honestly vote for this dishonest suit over Obama?

Second thing: If I get another ATS Recap I am going to scream.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Wait till it shows he is not even paying 15% Capital Gains...that will be a real knee slapper...
edit on 18-1-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'm sure the Cayman accounts are only a drop in the bucket.

along with the 15 multimillion dollar homes he owns in the sates, how many other properties does he got tucked away South of the border and over seas?

Further, anyone with as much $ as he has not having a Swiss bank account, or two, or three, well, what's the probability of that?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Gee why is this a surprise to anyone?
I'm sure everyone already knew that.

What I don't understand is how ABC was able to obtain personal information that is supposed to be secret in the first place.
Seems to me Obama gave them the ok.

Can we now finally see Obama" s college transcripts?

It's his (Romney's) money. Who cares where he puts it.

As for showing his tax records, he should.

But you bring up an interesting point. The media is showing their hypocricy by demands one but giving a pass on the other.

On the one hand, you have someone who has money.

And the other? Someone hiding their education that shaped his policy making.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

You know the scary thing is...I'm hearing from most of my conservative friends about the same thing the liberals were all saying in 2007.

" (insert current president name here) is SO bad, I don't want the other guy, but at least he isn't (insert name again)!!! I'll vote for him, but I sure won't like it! "

That is what more people are saying about Romney than I care to think about
. We could actually wind up with Romney as a vote against Obama. Gee...That is working out SO well too..... Voting against the Clinton legacy got us Baby Bush....and hatred for Baby Bush got us Obama. Now hatred for Obama COULD get us Romney, in a worst case, where Obama doesn't just stomp Romney outright.

Oh Ron Paul....hang in there... no matter what, just don't quit. We'll vote for ya when it matters the most. I think the world will be in shock by what numbers do it. If he'll just stay the course and ignore everyone. Don't give up!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Keep in mind that GE (General Electric) - Obama's favorite company in 2010 made $14.2 Billion dollars in profit & paid 0.00% tax that year. What a racket - lmao

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 18-1-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm not at all surprised but I don't really blame him, I wouldn't want to give money to such a corrupt system either.

He made a big mistake though, he has ambitious of the presidency for a long time and has planned his life accordingly. This isn't good for his, 'average joe persona'.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I always knew Romney was a slimey bastard. Did you see him in the debates when he acted like he was entitled to more time to answer a question than the other candidates
He is the slimiest of them all, and that includes Gingrich. At least Gingrich tells you the things straight up, Romney hides them.

new topics

top topics

join