Garth Brooks Sues Hospital. Wants $500,000 Donation Returned.

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Am I a Garth Brooks fan? Nope. Did I know that he donated this money to a hospital a few years ago? Again...Nope.

But as I was cruising another site I seen the headline and decided to have a peek to see what this man was doing taking back his money after donating it to a hospital. And then I read...

...The $500,000 donation came with the caveat that the hospital would name a building after his late mother, Colleen Brooks. They didn't. Garth is suing.

So the hospital for whatever reason decided to not honor the agreement made in that his donation would ensure his mother's name be up on the building and that's all he wanted in return for a half million dollars.

So he sez..."Gimme my money back!"

Do I know the entire story? Again...Nope. But here's what I do know. This man has more money than he could ever spend. His fans adore him. He doesn't need the publicity if it's bad. So why do it?

I have a feeling that he is telling the truth knowing everything else. So if that's the case, do I agree? Hell Yeah! A deal is a deal and I don't care if it is a hospital. He didn't ask much in exchange for $500,000 and after they got the cash, the reneged on the deal. I think they just bullied the wrong person.

He can afford the best lawyers, his fans will support him by the millions (I believe) and he has his departed mother to fight for. Who's going to deny a dearly departed mom?

Anyways, if the facts are all true and Garth is indeed in the right....Go get 'em Garth!

Peace

The way Garth tells it; Integris Canadian Valley Regional Hospital, in Yukon, Oklahoma, accepted the half-million dollar gift from him with the promise to name part of the hospital after his mom, who lost her battle with cancer in 1999. Not only did they 'accept' the money, hospital officials had, according to a report from ABC News, been soliciting it for a years, complete with mockups of a new wing with Colleen Brooks' name displayed in neon lights. They even showed him plans of a ribbon-cutting ceremony to introduce the Colleen Brooks building to the public.

Garth stroked a cheque and three years later, Garth's attorneys say, the hospital reneged on the deal telling him that his donation would be, "used for what Integris had 'earmarked' the money for, without further discussion."

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I did my emt clinicals in the Canadian Valley ER. I am saddened that they didn't honor Garth's wishes and yes they did use the donation for promotional purposes.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Theunknownscaresme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Who cares?
Garth Brooks is a douche.
Let's see him actually ride a horse before he's allowed to parade around in that hat.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well i'd be worried! He does have "friends in low places"

Sorry, couldn't resist, but I do agree though. A deal is a deal.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theunknownscaresme
I did my emt clinicals in the Canadian Valley ER. I am saddened that they didn't honor Garth's wishes and yes they did use the donation for promotional purposes.

So he's telling the truth about this?

Good to hear I guess.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by choppedbrisket
Who cares?
Garth Brooks is a douche.
Let's see him actually ride a horse before he's allowed to parade around in that hat.

Fail,

The topic isn't about horses, hats or even douches.

Thanks anyways.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Thanks for the local input to confirm the OP. What scumbags. Everything I've heard about Garth Brooks in the off-stage reports and stories is positive and that he's a stand up guy as much in private as he projects in public. A rare thing in entertainment these days. So little to ask for with half a MILLION just being given as a donation.

As far as the OP feeling a little uncomfortable about being harsh because it's a hospital (some wording seemed to indicate that)..Oh phooey! When my dad passed..they were Johnny on the spot for a $64,000 bill...which wasn't necessarily horrible until one looked at the dozens and dozens of itemized pages. I did..every line. I have no sympathy for hospital administration at all.

Go get 'em Garth! Your fans support you, if my wife and I are anything to guess by!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for the local input to confirm the OP. What scumbags. Everything I've heard about Garth Brooks in the off-stage reports and stories is positive and that he's a stand up guy as much in private as he projects in public. A rare thing in entertainment these days. So little to ask for with half a MILLION just being given as a donation.

As far as the OP feeling a little uncomfortable about being harsh because it's a hospital (some wording seemed to indicate that)..Oh phooey! When my dad passed..they were Johnny on the spot for a $64,000 bill...which wasn't necessarily horrible until one looked at the dozens and dozens of itemized pages. I did..every line. I have no sympathy for hospital administration at all.

Go get 'em Garth! Your fans support you, if my wife and I are anything to guess by!

Not uncomfortable at all.

If a hospital lies to steal money...fair game. And that is something that they do on a regular basis to the rest of us so I also say "Go Get 'em!"

Peace

new topics

top topics

join