It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our Past out There?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So people say we cannot time travel because we the Earth and the Sun are constantly zipping through the Universe so if we mis calculate we could end up crashing into the Sun or asteroid...

My point is, does that prove alternate universe theory? Is our past on a different planet on a different dimension in space?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Since we can not physically see the past. Like gaze through a telescope and see past earths than it would be in an alternate plane/universe. Everytime something happens on earth an earth would pop up in space to record the event. If it didnt happen in an alternate universe an earth would spawn and destroy the preexisting one. I can only speculate.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
A trail of stardust. What an interesting theory!

I wonder about similar things, because the past present and future all do exist at one time in our thoughts, so who's to say there's no place in matter in which the same is true? Hmmm, thinking about life in terms of the universe always makes me feel better about my problems

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It's not really a trail of star dust, but star thoughts...what do you think?

Are we out there?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Who says there is such a thing as past, present and future? Maybe we just perceive it that way...??

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

OMG! I hope not!

I've been a bad boy at times.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
So people say we cannot time travel because we the Earth and the Sun are constantly zipping through the Universe so if we mis calculate we could end up crashing into the Sun or asteroid...

My point is, does that prove alternate universe theory? Is our past on a different planet on a different dimension in space?

Ah , the Time Travel Paradox . Some Believe ALL Travel in Time is Multiuniversal , take for Instance Time Traveler Tim's Hatred and Comtemplated Murder of his Grandfather ..........WHAT IF Indeed.........

www.csus.edu...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenny71
Since we can not physically see the past. Like gaze through a telescope and see past earths than it would be in an alternate plane/universe. Everytime something happens on earth an earth would pop up in space to record the event. If it didnt happen in an alternate universe an earth would spawn and destroy the preexisting one. I can only speculate.

That is very interesting to think about, viewing the past would be an alternate universe.

I wonder at the rate the Universe expands, can somehow be used as an equation to determine the size and placement of the 4th dimension.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
From what I've come to understand from my research, as well as intuit, the whole universe, as a non-local, quantum holographic phenomenon, is discontinuous, meaning that it's forever-always FRESH at each and every moment, or to use a computer analogy, rebooted. It is in this way then that we must forgive as we are forgiven, or we cannot be forgiven.

There is immense hope for an infinitely better world if this is true, once realized and recognized. In other words, that it's only all our baggage, mostly from a failure in love, which stands in the way between what was, is and what ought to be.

I realize that's off-topic from the OP, but nevertheless something that may be relevant from another perspective which I felt was worth sharing for consideration.

How does this work? Apparently, according to leading physicists like Irvin Laszlo and Bernard Haisch, the Zero Point Field or Akashic Record (was known by the ancients as the Tao) is forever recording everything from every angle and perspective, while slicing away anything that is of no value (ie: best to not hold onto a grudge or complain about the past). Thus, that which is fruitful bears more fruit, and what isn't, is cast away into the abyss (oblivion).

edit on 19-1-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iam2011

I wonder if there is a "trail of stardust" that connects us to the future or the past. Sort of like a physical example of the Universe having deja vu. I wonder if something like this exists in the Universe.

There are theories that our Universe is constructed by "membranes"...so you can compare your own self being 3-D and having a brain and conscious...you can process in the 4-D thinking of the past, present, and imagining the future...Now consider the Universe being 3-D and having a "consciousness" i.e. a 4th Dimension that has all the possibilities that one could imagine for the past, present, future.

Wiki- M Theory

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

In other words the "past" as we've come to think of it, simply does not exist. Instead, reality itself, the whole of reality everywhere, already always, now and forever, is a continual process of differentiation and reintegration, where what is fruitful, or formative, lives on, and what isn't, is cut away and discarded. Thus, once "history" itself, as we've come to think of it, is recognized (re cognized) in the light of truth, we are at the end of history as we know it, and are poised on the cusp of a new age where "time" becomes a function of novelty, or creativity, and this is the eternal flow of the "river of life" freely available to any and all who "thirst". This is "good news" in the sense that it signifies the demarcation point at which the wicked machinations of the "PTB" no longer "control" history, and where the evils of history at last can serve as a great point of learning, about what not to do, or be, for the sake of an enlightened mutual best interest ie: where "that which hurts, instructs" (Benjamin Franklin).

"There is nothing now hidden which will not be made known and brought to light."
~ JC

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I believe that while we act,in other dimentions,there are "other us" that act differently.I believe that we exist in more than one worlds,and everything we do,will never happen in an other world,that there is a world for each action,some of them probably have already been destroyed,others could be really better than ours.That's why sometimes when we sleep we have some dreams that we feel so real,so "alive".We dream about our self in an other world,that'a why when we sleep we usually see our self,in situations that we have really been to,acting diferently.It's an other self of us that tries,through our ego,to let us know that he acted "better" or "worst".Sometimes we wake up when we dream about falling,or being choked..These are probably deaths of our other selfs,and we lose one part of our self each time one of the dies.That's my theory..Now,about the past..Time is something that we,humans,created.We don't know even it exists.What we call decade,may be just a moment..So i cannot say if something like PAST exist.But i believe that we maybe have some "checkpoints",some specific moments in our lifes,that an other self of us may live,so he bevomes our past,and that's called a memory,We communicate with an other piece of us,that really lives these moments that we want to "remember",so he is able to "send" us these memories.It's all about how strong our Ego is.If it's very strong we have problems communicating with "other us",so we have memory loss,we can't sleep and other things..If our Ego is low,we have nightmares,what's happening to an other self of us,affects us TOO much.An average Ego is the perfect one,because we can almost control what we'll "recieve and send".Some of us that have an average Ego,have visions,a future "us" uses them as a "memory carrier"..
That's my theory,i'm way too off topic though,sorry

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

You. Are. Wise.

Right on, as a water bearer I like you characterization of the "flow" we can all choose to embrace as a river......

As the late great Bruce Lee said; "Water can flow, or it can crash!"

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
In Rupert Sheldrake's new book, The Science Delusion, he argues that memories are a sort of access to the past. he also suggests [if i read it right] the evolution has that connection to the past element to it,as well.

top topics

join