It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marianne Gingrich Says She Can End Newt's Career in One Interview and Plans to Do It

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Marianne is planning to get down and dirty. Why did she wait so long? Is she full of hot air? Will she be believed?
Looks like the answers will come soon. Latest word is the interview will air Thursday on Nightline.

www.drudgereport.com...

NEWT EX-WIFE UNLOADS ON CAMERA; NETWORK DEBATES 'ETHICS' OF AIRING BEFORE SC PRIMARY

**Exclusive**
Wed Jan 18 2012 18:47:14 ET

Ex-wife Marianne Gingrich has said she could end her ex-husband's career with a single interview.

Earlier this week, she sat before ABCNEWS cameras, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

She spoke to ABCNEWS reporter Brian Ross for two hours, and her explosive revelations are set to rock the trail.

But now a "civil war" has erupted inside of the network, an insider claims, on exactly when the confession will air!

MORE

ABCNEWS suits determined it would be "unethical" to run the Marianne Gingrich interview so close to the South Carolina Primary, a curious decision, one insider argued, since the network has aggressively been reporting on other candidates.

A decision was tentatively made to air the interview next Monday, after all votes have been counted.

Gingrich canceled a press conference on Wednesday to deal with the matter.

"He believes that what he says in public and how he lives don't have to be connected," Marianne Gingrich, Newt's wife of 18 years, explained to ESQUIRE last year.

Developing...

UPDATE: The AP reports ABC is now likely to air the segment Thursday on NIGHTLINE.

You can have alot of dirt on someone after 18 years of marriage. This ethics issue of airing before the primary is a farce. I think the people are entitled to know the low down before they cast their ballots.

We will see how this plays out.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
ABC has admitted to having "explosive" new facts on Gingrich and refuse to air this before the votes are cast. WHY??? To protect Gingrich??? If they have dirt on Gingrich that we should know about, they need to let that cat out of the bag immediately. To withhold information that could potentially sway many voters is not only unethical and unbelievably arrogant, but it could have helped other candidates rightfully gain ground. ABC should be ASHAMED of themselves for not coming forward with this the minute it was ready. I hope they do the right thing and release it before the first vote is cast.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of Newt Gingrich, but I think it's trashy and tacky to allow his ex-wife a national forum to air their dirty laundry. I can't say I'm surprised though. "News" has been slipping into a tabloid mentality for years - anything goes. Maybe Jerry Springer can get her on next.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This definitely has me intrigued but I fear the establishment is doing it to keep Romney on top. Gingrich got in some good shots the other night at the debate. I don't like either of them of course. In fact, I think this panel of candidates is absolutely awful with the exception of Ron Paul.

I guess we'll see how effective his exes words will be tomorrow night. It certainly has the build up to cause chaos. I wonder if it will be a dud.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I was just reading about this interview on Yahoo news, thought I would share what they are reporting..

NEW YORK (AP) — ABC News plans to air an interview with the second wife of Republican presidential contender Newt Gingrich on "Nightline" just two days before the GOP's South Carolina primary.

Excerpts from the interview with Marianne Gingrich will be released during the day Thursday, ABC News spokesman Jeffrey Schneider said, ahead of both a Republican candidate debate Thursday evening in Charleston, S.C., and ABC's late-night news program.

This was posted 49 mins ago by Yahoo news..via the AP

ABC News to air interview with Gingrich ex-wife
link:news.yahoo.com...

It will be interesting to see what she has to say..Cheers Coco

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Do you guys think it has anything to do with this? A Buried FBI Investigation Revealed... Newt Gingrich, Marianne and the Arms Dealer

Maybe not... or??? According to the website, this info was "Submitted by SadInAmerica on Tue, 01/17/2012 - 6:14pm"

DCBureau has learned that Gingrich was at the center of a U.S. Justice Department criminal investigation in the late 1990s for a scheme to shake down the arms dealer for a $10 million bribe in exchange for Gingrich using his influence as Speaker to get the Iraq arms embargo lifted so Soghanalian could collect $54 million from Saddam Hussein’s regime for weapons he had delivered during the Iran-Iraq War. Soghanalian was an FBI informant and was responsible for launching one of the most sensitive and secret investigations in FBI history involving the former Speaker and his second wife. According to Marianne Gingrich, it took the direct intervention of then FBI Director Louis J. Freeh to “get the investigation called off.” Freeh did not return emails and telephone calls for comment.

A convicted felon with a long history of working with United States intelligence, Soghanalian cooperated with the FBI in the two-year investigation which included secretly taping emissaries with connections to Newt and Marianne Gingrich. The cast of characters include personalities no Hollywood screenwriter could invent. One participant was involved in the Florida SunCruz scandal that resulted in the gangland-style killing of one of the cruise lines owners. Another was a used Rolls Royce salesman who pretended to be part of the international arms trade. A third was a penny stock promoter. For several years, FBI agents instructed Soghanalian to get beyond the men who claimed to have ties to Gingrich and insist upon meeting with Gingrich and his former wife directly to prove that they could deliver the Speaker.

edit on 18-1-2012 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

EDIT: Additional source for this story: FBI considered sting aimed at Gingrich

edit on 18-1-2012 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

I would be very surprised if she brings up the FBI investigation. She would be incriminating herself, but you never know what might be coming out of her mouth.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Just Wow! I have no words for these shenanigans, if true...and most likely they are.
Thanks for posting those news snippets think I will research that a little more ..Cheers Coco

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I hope it utterly destroys him. So much corruption in this government is astounding. Do we really want another one of these guys running the country? Representing us to the rest of the world?

I find it hilarious people are still voting for these people while their dirty laundry is being presented to their faces on a silver platter. And poor Ron Paul, the only person with true conviction, and experience with age seeing the country go from number 1 to a shadow of its former self. But clearly hes a senile old fart with dangerous views.

Following the leader has led us astray, time to get back on track. Time we have clear communication with our leader, not give them the reigns and sit back and hope for the best because clearly it doesn't work.

Sorry for the RP rant but I'm 25. Went out a few nights ago to support Ron Paul and when people really walk by and instead of an intellectual discussion look me square in the face and say "Obama" or "Romney" it hurts physically and mentally that people are really this blinded and follow those who do not have our best interests at heart. I truly think if we have another corrupted President these will be our final years of freedom. Internet censors, NDAA, "omgwtfterrorists", is just the beginning.

Booing the Golden Rule. Is it already too late for us? The more I look at the world, the closer to our man made destruction I believe we are ever so slowly approaching.

Weapons of mass destruction? Haven't seen proof Iraq had any. Well what about Iran you say? Do people really believe Iran wants to build a nuclear device that upon completion will be launched ensuring their own destruction? Doesn't make much sense to me, though its not off the table, there are truly evil people out there who may or may not do something on this scale. People have been brainwashed to believe what they are expected to believe. Look at CNN, or any other "news" for that matter. A cruise ship crashing is terrible, lives lost, people missing. I feel horrible about it. Do we really need to see it every 5 minutes reminding families of those dead or missing about it? MSM is a joke. I sure did need to know what the Kardashians are up too. Or whos cheating on who. On a grand scale, it doesn't matter. People are so caught up watching other people's lives they are complacent in theres and doing what they are told to do. Buy more! Commercials, billboards selling something people need? Sure I need medication that causes life threatening side effects worse than what was trying to be cured. Cured? Nope wrong word there, mask is a better term.

And we could stop all this nonsense if we take action instead of letting others take the reigns. Would you get on the tea cups at Disney World if you had no control over how fast it goes and how long the ride lasts? Thats how the last decade has seemed to me. I want off this ride dammit. Any ride is better than spinning in circles getting sicker and sicker.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Now seriously...

If they had this kind of dirt on Ron Paul...

They would air that stuff instantly.

I snip hate the media.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 18/1/2012 by Sauron because: - snipped profanity

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
As long as she is being truthful and doesn't affect "national security" (whatever), we the voters should know what's up with any and all potential POTUS, including Obama.

Addendum: Extra thoughts included, be positive, be nice, be ethical, etc...
edit on 2012-1-18 by pikypiky because: To correct for thought-errors.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
As long as she is being truthful and doesn't affect "national security" (whatever), we the voters should know what's up with any and all potential POTUS, including Obama.

Whats scary is we would never hear about any of it if she didn't say anything. So kuddos for her.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This is what happens when you divorce someone
or anger other people you've stepped on on your way up who know about whatever nefarious, dirty, cheating, and lowdown things you had to do to get there. Hope she brings the goods home. I've met the man, and he's...creepy.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo
Now seriously...

I snip hate the media.

Oh for sure. It would have been breaking news interrupting all live feeds.

edit on 18/1/2012 by Sauron because: - edit quote

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Here's some discussion on that FBI sting. It left a real bad taste in my mouth for both Newt and Marianne.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This is insane, would could be witnessing the beginning of a 'Cain-like presidential campaign implosion'.

Supposedly this interview is done and ABC is debating whether it is moral or not to air this interview before the S.C. primaries...

I'd say they should reveal the truth as it comes out and not suppress it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo
Now seriously...

I snip hate the media.

ain't that the truth...

edit on 18/1/2012 by Sauron because: - edit quote

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

benjamin fulford and david wilcox strike AGAIN!!!! white hats and dragons did this

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
gingrich is trashy and had an affair while criticizing clinton!!!!!....this guy is has serious values issues let alone a nwo stooge

edit on 18-1-2012 by SuperTripps because: sp

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
I fear the establishment is doing it to keep Romney on top.

I think this is worth repeating. Romney has been slammed with his wealth, Caymen Islands, 15% tax rate, his refusal to reveal his taxes, his LOVE of firing people and his religion... The GOP needs something BIG to knock out their golden boy's competition and main critic.

And it will air 2 days before the primary... How convenient!

Romney's back on top in SC... The manipulation during this election is amazing!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join