It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone help me identify MY UFO?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Okay, so, I hope this is the right forum..

Tonight at approximately.. 6PM (not sure the exact time, it was dark out though) me and my boyfriend had just gotten home from the grocery store. We were walking from the car to the front door when I noticed what looked like a helicopter light in the sky probably a couple miles or so away (not sure how to judge distances in the sky..). I watched it, and I noticed that it wasn't moving (the light from it was pointing straight at us). My boyfriend said that it actually WAS moving, but it was moving towards us so that it looked like it was hovering in one place.

I was concerned at this point because I couldn't hear a THING coming from that direction, as hard as I listened. I have an aircraft flying extremely low, towards me and I couldn't hear anything. As it got close, I expected to hear some sort of engine-type noise but all I could hear was a faint, high-ish pitched hum. Next thing the craft is flying OVER us (couldn't have been more than 500ft or so up) and it KIND OF sounded like a plane at that point but it was still so extremely quiet & muffled sounding that I couldn't believe it was really flying over us.

It flew off, and that was the end of it, but the whole thing just seemed so weird to me. I SWEAR that thing purposely flew over us, I mean it came STRAIGHT at us and then flew overhead. And it was so, so quiet.

& I almost forgot to mention, it looked kind of plane-like from underneath but it was smaller and something about the placing of the lights was off.

I hope this is a good enough description for someone to get a good idea, but if there's anyone questions I'll try & answer them.
Thank anyone who reads this &helps me out! It's greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nihonjindesu08
Okay, so, I hope this is the right forum..

Tonight at approximately.. 6PM (not sure the exact time, it was dark out though) me and my boyfriend had just gotten home from the grocery store. We were walking from the car to the front door when I noticed what looked like a helicopter light in the sky probably a couple miles or so away (not sure how to judge distances in the sky..). I watched it, and I noticed that it wasn't moving (the light from it was pointing straight at us). My boyfriend said that it actually WAS moving, but it was moving towards us so that it looked like it was hovering in one place.

I was concerned at this point because I couldn't hear a THING coming from that direction, as hard as I listened. I have an aircraft flying extremely low, towards me and I couldn't hear anything. As it got close, I expected to hear some sort of engine-type noise but all I could hear was a faint, high-ish pitched hum. Next thing the craft is flying OVER us (couldn't have been more than 500ft or so up) and it KIND OF sounded like a plane at that point but it was still so extremely quiet & muffled sounding that I couldn't believe it was really flying over us.

It flew off, and that was the end of it, but the whole thing just seemed so weird to me. I SWEAR that thing purposely flew over us, I mean it came STRAIGHT at us and then flew overhead. And it was so, so quiet.

& I almost forgot to mention, it looked kind of plane-like from underneath but it was smaller and something about the placing of the lights was off.

I hope this is a good enough description for someone to get a good idea, but if there's anyone questions I'll try & answer them.
Thank anyone who reads this &helps me out! It's greatly appreciated.

IMO, sounds like a plane. I am in the flight path of Denver International Airport....that huuummmmmmm you hear, I hear day and night. I also have lights coming right at my house and they appear stationary for long periods of time because well, they are coming right at me! Back of my house faces south, they are headed north towards the airport.

ETA...I can sit on my back deck and I see a looooooooooong line of stationary lights coming at me. It is a busy airport and the skies in Colorado are very very busy with commerical and military air traffic.

So yeah, the steady non-moving light and the hummmm.....planes!

edit on January 18th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nihonjindesu08

You cannot be serious.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
No, I'm dead serious.

I live by an airforce base, and we have planes fly overhead almost every 20 mins, no lie. They train here.

This was not just a plane. Thanks, though.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Where was your cell phone with photo/video capability..?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
When I say a hum, I don't mean anything like what normal planes make.. it's quieter, and more like, the noise of a cellphone vibrating, that isn't on a hard surface.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

Where was your cell phone with photo/video capability..?

Haha, only photo, but it was dead anyway. I wish I could have taken a video.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Could you maybe draw a picture of the shape of this aircraft, just an outline would do, though you could add the lights on if you want. Details help. Then take a picture of the picture and post it for us to see?

You could also just draw the outline in mspaint, and save it as a gif or jpg and that would work too.

edit on 18-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
While the whole thing was happening, I was NOT thinking "omg aliens," btw.

I was thinking more along the lines of a drone or something you just don't usually see flying..?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm a private pilot. It could have been an ultra lite AC. They make more of a humming sound than the larger Cessna and Piper ACs. They also can fly very low and slow.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I'm a private pilot. It could have been an ultra lite AC. They make more of a humming sound than the larger Cessna and Piper ACs. They also can fly very low and slow.

It was definitely low & slow.. there was only like three sketches on Google of it, but my first reaction was that it looked pretty similar to what I saw. Those are really horrible pictures though, and I can't say for sure esp since I can't tell the size of the plane on those pics..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Haha, I'm a smart one... I typed in AC, but now I'm assuming that means aircraft. About to watch a youtube video to see if it seems like what I saw.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nihonjindesu08

Originally posted by Destinyone

It was definitely low & slow.. there was only like three sketches on Google of it, but my first reaction was that it looked pretty similar to what I saw. Those are really horrible pictures though, and I can't say for sure esp since I can't tell the size of the plane on those pics..

Here are a bunch of photos of ultralights....see if you can find something similar....

www.google.com... o=u&source=univ&ei=GaAXT8qMJ-jCsQK1uamNAg&ved=0CDgQsAQ&biw=853&bih=427

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Darned Wiki blackout....

Lol, I support it and all, but I keep going to use it and then can't!

Anyway, I think the thing I saw looked more.. high-tech. I'm pretty sure it was white, honestly looked kind of jet-ish now that I think about it (but I don't always trust my memory since I learned that your brain can recreate what it wants...) but smaller, and like I said.. sooo quiet.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

could you draw a picture?
then take a picture of the picture you draw with your phone?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I can try that.. I suck at drawing lol. Let's see..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

it's fine. all we need is a basic shape that kinda sorta looks like the shape of what you saw.

If it was any kind of conventional aircraft, those are pretty easy for those familiar with fuselage outlines to pick out and identify.

If it's something more experimental, then, well, we'll have a bit of fun trying to figure it out.

if it's outright OMGAliens, then, well, we're all screwed and we'll never figure it out, and eventually one of us will say it's lens flare.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

This may come as a shock to some people, but not everyone will have a camera or video camera at the ready during these situations. You cant simply choose when you want to see something. Its always unexpected and when its unexpected, you are not prepared for it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

i have no idea..

sorry =(

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

dont tell me the lights on the end that usually flash
didnt flash but the lights in the middle did
if so i saw this last night i just thought it was a plane
and there was no sound as it did not fly right above me
im not too sure but it may of had two flashing lights in
the middle

let me know please

ps im in chester england and it was flying east
and was quite low although at a distance
edit on 19/1/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join