It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Scientists Have Awakened a Giant Creature

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

You're exactly right. People do need to realize there's still a possibility and what you've described certainly backs up the possibility. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentalPriapism
I'm sorry, the is seriously THE most outlandish thing I have ever read on this site. I honestly cannot believe other ATSers are actually entertaining this notion with logical counterarguments. The most rediculous part of it all is your conviction, you truly believe this to be a possibility. I don't know whether to find that funny or worrisome. I apologize to anyone just getting to know this site, as this thread goes above and beyond the usual speculation on these boards and crosses well into the absurd.
edit on 1/19/12 by MentalPriapism because: (no reason given)

"ABSURD" I LIKE absurd!! many ATS'ers must like absurd!!

Personally my take on the Lake is that they are opening the seal that keeps Satan in where he was sealed via quick frozen ice millions of years ago!!

The "Anomaly" in the lake is where he was made to stay and it is very warm down there a huge airspace over the lake...time to awake the new ruler!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

What I'm saying is it's possible. You can't deny the coincidence between the search trend time line and the drilling timeline.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

The evidence doesn't just come from the the two events happening around the same time. The search trends spiked when drilling began in late 2010 and spiked again when drilling continued late in 2011. If there wasn't an actual graph to back up my theory then I'd have never reported such a thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tetriswoooo

People can say what they want about my theory, but the lake, the drilling, details about the lake, etc. are all real and people should at least be interested in future discoveries.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual

The evidence doesn't just come from the the two events happening around the same time. The search trends spiked when drilling began in late 2010 and spiked again when drilling continued late in 2011. If there wasn't an actual graph to back up my theory then I'd have never reported such a thing.
Okaaaaay.

Let's line your (imaginary) monster up against Bigfoot.

Regarding Bigfoot, there are:
-Recordings of strange noises. -Plaster casts of footprints. -Videos of what is said to be Bigfoot.
-Photos taken of the supposed creature. -Eyewitness reports of sightings. .-Icefishermen drilling holes in ice on a frozen lake in Manitoba.
Even with all of this, the existence of Bigfoot has yet to be proven.

Your lake monster has the noise and ice drilling going for it, oh, and timing.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Well, if it's been trapped under ice/asleep for n years then the evidence has to start somewhere and can only build from the start on. It appears this would be the scenario that could start it all.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Although I find your theory amusing let us say it is true... Do you really think humans have cause to fear it? We're on the top of the food chain, chances are we'll just end up killing and eating it like everything else we come across.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by VerityPhantom

Of course we'd kill it. The chance this thing is invulnerable to bullets or missiles is about 0.0008731%.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

AMEN to that brotha'

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Maybe the sounds of this creature arent roars, maybe there bowel movements? If so< i would not want to be the Russian scientist's standing next to that hole when they break through, whew . Liable to be a brownout!!

I mean a few thousand years of "backpressure" aint good.
edit on 23-1-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

What it looks like to me is that a psych ward somewhere is missing a patient. No offense, but it is not even possible for a creature to reach a size sufficient to create a sound like that. Even if it was, I think it's probably stuck down there, don't you? You'd think that 3000+ meters of ice would be enough to keep it down. Therefore any worrying based on this matter is absolutely baseless. Come on man, come on back down to earth for a minute.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
In Soviet Russia, Giant Creature Awakens YOU!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Absolutely hilarious man lol. I've been playing Metro 2033 for a while now so I've got a bit of a liking for all things Russian for some reason lol.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual

And where does the creature come in? I may even give the theory some credit, that the drilling activity and the occurence of strange sound could be somehow related. But concluding from this, without any further information, that there is some giant monster in a nearly frozen lake below 3000m of Ice in antarktica is "a little" far fetched.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Popular

There's no way what I heard that night was thunder as it was a constant low rumble which went on for at least 20 minutes and most likely longer. I fell asleep.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join