It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my encounter with a skeptic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kolder

thankyou , PS - could you identify the 2 buildings i have indicated on the annotated screep cap below ?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

here you go, even though i know this wont prove anything im glad i finally got to uploading this video , if i knew how to place markers in the video i would show you where the things were floating

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think your friend is probably not dumb, this is just another example of the believer/non-believer duality.
You believe, he doesn't.
My UFO sighting occurred in the early nineties. My friend was with me(thankfully). I was a 'believer' at the the time, my friend was a 'non-believer'. What we saw defied explanation. My friend is somebody who's opinion I greatly respect, a very intelligent person, very well educated. He admits, to this day, that what we witnessed was something 'not of this world'. While I would not have classed my friend as a hardcore skeptic, I was so lucky that he was there when this 'thing' flew over us on that cold winter night, because I doubt he would have taken me seriously if I had related the event to him had he not been there.
edit on 18-1-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

okay looking up how to add annotations now, ill pinpoint the church (christ the king church ) and the building

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kolder
reply to post by nineix

all videos were taken the same night, and are on my youtube channel, you can see in the video that theres two of them from the beginning of the video to about halfway you can see that the lower one moves from left to right over time like its half circling the brighter one,

there was 4 or 5 of thease in the sky at one point, we were facing West not looking at a body of water or anything, lake ontario was to the north of me

Thank you.
Anything sighted East or West, especially close to the horizon, is usually suspect for misidentification of either Venus, or Jupiter, depending on the time of the evening and such.

I'm not saying that to sound dismissive. I'm just letting you know, so that if you are not familiar with planets, you might download a program like Stellarium, and check it out.
There's also apps for smart phones that you can install that let you point your phone at any star in the sky and the app will tell you what you're looking at.

I'm telling you this in order to mitigate and possibly avoid misidentification in the future.

Now, I suspect this is misidentification too.
If you were facing West, and that was Venus, then over the course of the 3 hours you said the 'object' was visible, it would get progressively lower, and closer to the horizon until it eventually disappeared from view.

Because we have axial tilt on our planet, and an eliptical orbit, nothing always rises in the exact East, setting in the exact West. there might be a bit of what can be percieved as diagonal motion progressively getting higher in the Eastern, or Lower in the Western.

Jupiter and Venus are the most commonly mistaken planets for UFOs. It's really astounding how often this happens, but, it does indeed happen.

As to the other objects you've mentioned that actually do have noticeable movement, but nothing overly fantastic beyond typical aircraft, I would guess, a guess mind you, that these other 'objects' were indeed just normal aircraft distorted by distance, possibly helicopters so far away that you couldn't hear them.

Once again, I'm not discounting your experience. I'm just proposing the most plausible explanation.
With a 95% statistical rate of probability for misidentification as it comes to UFOs, and based on very possible and probable explanation, there is a high likelihood that what you saw was indeed Venus, or Jupiter, depending on the time/date, and the other lights were aircraft.

That from a probability angle without knowing you personally, or being there personally myself, or knowing anyone else there that has at least passing knowledge of the planets and stars for verification, a misidentification of Venus, or Jupiter thus seems most probable.

There is, of course, that margin of probability that you did indeed something quite fantastic.
The video quality doesn't give us any indication of anything really fantastic, and fantastic claims typically demand fantastic proof.

You had an experience, and I won't discount what you beleive you saw/experienced. There is, however, that high probability factor for misidentification. It's nothing to feel bad about if indeed that is the case. It happens all the time, astoundingly so.

Please do, however, get one of those apps that lets you use your phone to see what's in the sky, or the program Stellarium. Watching the planets and knowing just what planets you're seeing is rather empowering, and nice to know.

Again best wishes.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

okay check it out now, pause between 10-11 seconds in i tried to mark best i can

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

respect.

i do have star walk for my iphone and use it quite regularly

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
In my opinion I am almost certain aliens at least know were here. I'm not making the claim that they are here or have been. that's another story, but even our primitive species has the capability to look hundreds of light years and detect suns and planets. Once you understand how big the universe really is it is only logical to assume there is life way more advanced then ours. This means that they also can look hundreds of light years into space so they would have found our planet.

Seeing as they would be millions or so more advanced then us they could send Multi-generational robot repairing space probes into space to monitor other suns and planets. Just like we do in our solar system.

All of this being said, this is only talking about extra terrestrial aliens. These very well could be inter-dimensional being and that's a whole different ballpark.
edit on 18-1-2012 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by shamaniski

i believe basically the interdimensional beings have mastered inter dimensional travel which we can do ourselves rather then physical travel, people always say why dont they send robots or why would they travel all that distance just to see us or how could they have that much fuel
to get here ,that IMO is a very narrow way of thinking,

im just now getting into the field of astral projection, in the astral you can travel anywhere in time and space with conscious thought alone. and im almost there

edit on 18-1-2012 by kolder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kolder
reply to post by shamaniski

i believe basically the interdimensional beings have mastered inter dimensional travel which we can do ourselves rather then physical travel, people always say why dont they send robots or why would they travel all that distance just to see us or how could they have that much fuel
to get here ,that IMO is a very narrow way of thinking,

im just now getting into the field of astral projection, in the astral you can travel anywhere in time and space with conscious thought alone. and im almost there

Yes, but I wouldn't underestimate the ability a civilization could develop over millions of years. They very well have a way of contacting us in both of those realms(Consciously and physically)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

the building actually might be the seconed highest to the left of the one i marked, cause in the UFO video i took was zoomed in

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kolder

It's a disc a disc a god damn disc NO it's an out of focus light not a ufo, you really need to learn the simple fact that video cameras at night with lights in the distance using auto-focus DON'T work.

Hundreds of these videos on here learn to use manual focus then we will see its a plane or star etc etc.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Great job in catching this. And often they show up like a red light, though they can switch colors around if they want or strobe them. They can power up too. I'm surprised his first offering was balloons, my friends first offering was that it was a satellite flying between 100-200 feet soundlessly over the roof below very low hanging thick clouds. Its an automatic trained response, usually said with eyes a bit glazed. Programming!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kolder

So you showed him a video of a light that appears identical to all other lights on buildings (can you show me that same identical area during the day? SAME shot?) and he didn't buy it? Wow .. you're right very stupid.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Great job in catching this. And often they show up like a red light, though they can switch colors around if they want or strobe them. They can power up too. I'm surprised his first offering was balloons, my friends first offering was that it was a satellite flying between 100-200 feet soundlessly over the roof below very low hanging thick clouds. Its an automatic trained response, usually said with eyes a bit glazed. Programming!

I dont think you or the OP watched (his own) the video after all you see it in focus at couple of points in the video then it blurs to a disc, then you get its disc its huge etc did THEY and YOU not notice that all the other lights DO the same as well you people post these videos when its obvious YOU dont know how to use a video camera at night!

It happens in the first 4 seconds of the video
and again later the OP hasnt a clue what he's doing or looking at

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kolder

You should have showed your friend a better video. Someone not interested in the subject will not give that kind of video a second look, neither will I. Sure, "they" might be here but that light in your video is probably just an airplane.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I think your problem with a sceptic is trying to make them run before they can walk!
People don't appreciate certainty - it comes over like a religious cult.
There's nothing wrong with fence sitting until the ultimate proof comes along.
Maybe you should have just presented him with some of the evidence - one of the better UFO documentaries might have helped - and say 'what do you think?'
Tell him you're trying to make your mind up and actually ask his opinion - he'll feel important that way and not feel 'got at'
Good luck with your next sceptic!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So.. why exactly did you jump to the conclusion that the light in your video is something other than a terrestrial occurrence? Nothing in this video appears other-worldly, so I am curious as to what you are seeing that could convince me, a skeptical observer, that you are seeing something that is more probably an alien over a man-made or naturally occurring phenomenon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join