It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Might Want To Start Paying Attention to Any Time Anomalies- One Happened to Me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Alright, so with all this stuff going on with the weird sounds all over the world, I just REALLY did not need this too. But man, this just happened, and I wish to hell I was kidding. But I am not.

Last night, for the first time ever in my life, a very strange sort of time anomaly occurred to me. I was taking two items, a glass and a plate, back to the kitchen- when all of a sudden I found myself back in the kitchen, before I actually got there from the previous thought. I mean like wtf.

Don't ask, I have no clue. All I know is, I was where I was going, but hadn't actually made it there yet. THat make sense?

Fricken strange. Now some of the theories on these bizarre noises being heard everywhere are talking about us entering into another dimension possibly, or somehow colliding with one we have come upon in space somehow- to cause the noises of course, but I am just wondering if there are some other effects happening too.

And so maybe with all this going on we ought to be a bit more aware for a while of anything out of the ordinary like this "time anomaly". It's like a piece of my life, for just a couple of seconds, went missing.

So if anything like this happens to you in the days and weeks ahead with all this going on, please pop in and say something. Thanks. TA

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

IT WAS ME!

I left a clue to prove it...under your tinfoil hat.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Was what happened to you akin to road hypnosis?

There have been a number of times I've gone from point A to point B, even within the confines of my home, but I have no conscious memory of actually making the trip. I just chalked it up to a sort of muscle memory. Like my mind doesn't need to devote a lot of effort to what I'm doing because it's already an ingrained action that doesn't have to be learned or focused upon.

You've walked to your kitchen so many times that you might have just been on a biological auto-pilot.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

TA you never seem to stop entertaining me. I know you are controversial sometimes and not afraid to speak your mind, and I appreciate that. I gotta say you lost me on this one though man. Now I have had moments where I woke up in a bed and said how the hell did I get here? but to be walking and actually loose track of the time, I don't know.

I will look forward to reading the replies but stuff is getting a little freaky around here. I just got back from a 3 month break and am jumping in head first to mainly your OP's. I really really hope that nothing much comes from this cuz with sounds from the sky, flashes of bright lights, earthquakes, volcanoes, uplifts in calderas, and voting taking place, we ain't got room for no more crazy stuff!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Dear TrueAmerican

I think that you can put things like this down to being distracted.

Many times in my life I have found myself further down the road that I thought I was. I have always put this down to lack of concentration.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

Maybe that is just your conscious mind's way of justifying what happened to you. There are confirmed reports of spontaneous teleportation going back decades.

OP - you might find the work of Dr Bruce Goldberg interesting.

edit on 18-1-2012 by Namaste1001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2012 by Namaste1001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sort of reminds me of a couple things that happened to me.

One time i was heading into the kitchen (also taking in some plates/cutlery), when i entered the kitchen something felt strange. When i noticed some socks strewn across the floor that weren't there when i was in the kitchen earlier (i live alone so it can't be someone else), i felt even stranger, it was like the kitchen was familiar, but it didn't feel the same, i got this really unusual, foreign vibe. My friend also had a similar experience at the exact same time, from a different location.

As well as yesterday, i picked something up to put it into a bin.. but as i went to drop it.. i realized i didn't actually remember picking up that particular object and dont know how i came to have it in the first place.

Just thought i put it out there.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
ok, wow, that was quick, thanks you guys. Those are all some good posts, and give me food for thought.

Now seriously, not trying to alarm, but just sayin, please keep the eyes peeled cause if this starts happening more, or again, and to more of us, then it might possibly have something to do with the UAS stuff- whatever that is. But hopefully it was just me sleepwalking or something. Problem is, I have never sleepwalked in my life, ever. And I wasn't tired either. But there's a first time for everything, I suppose.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

Interesting. I wasn't aware of documented cases like these.

But I will say I believe it's possible. I once walked into my mother's house and her cat Smokey was laying on the floor in the kitchen soaking up a sunbeam. I thought to myself that I wished I could be soaking up that sunbeam as I turned toward the stairs and walked up 5 steps to the upper level of a split ranch. Long hallway at the top of the steps. Open doorway at the end of the hall. Smokey walks out that doorway down the hall towards me.

I asked him out loud how he did it. He wouldn't tell me.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Suppose we recognize that this time-loss thing is similar to that frequently mentioned aspect of UFO abductions?

But these minor experiences are presented in a new, simple, teaching format. No longer being simply a handly tool for the completion of an abduction, but merely as a little, personal lesson in the concept of time. I myself lost a couple of hours during a time-loss experience that apparently was a In-the-car abduction. (One cannot argue against that suggestion if one believe that abductions of aparently randome individuals does happen.) If we suppose that this phenomenaa is possible since abductees repeatedly report this effect, perhaps this little trick of demonstrating the messing around with time is simply another effort to broaden the human perspective which is pretty damned close-minded in most regards.

We can couple this new business with that of people reporting strange aerial noises all around the globe within the last couple of years and increasingly so recently. In search for answers to just these two features that seem to be happening to people in the street, and when coupled with the always mysterious UFOs themselves, many folks are going to start wondering anew about their perspecive they have on the Universe.

The UFO ships themselves give us only a mere inking of what is in store for human consciouness in all aspects of what is unknown and even unsuspected. As pointed out, there is a connection to time, perhaps not as direct as I've suggested here, but the similarities cannot be denied.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
all i can think of is either you just weren't focusing completely on the task at hand and so didn't realize you were already in the kitchen or there was some sort of hiccup in time...

i believe it is very possible time as we perceive it is just an illusion, and that we only see it as past-present-future because we are not "advanced" enough to see past our first 4 dimensions... if i remember it correctly, beyond the 4th dimension (time) it is theorized that higher dimensions contain all the events of time at once (past, present and future) in one "view", just we can't perceive it that way....

Also an interesting article involving the distortion of time

grasshopperx.com...
and part 2:
grasshopperx.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Here's an interesting little snippet that may or may not have some bearing on your experience...
of course it's all relative to your own mind frame at the time, but this is just an example of a common factor.

Wag

www.zmescience.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Did you have any missing time involved? Did you look at the clock?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Suppose we recognize that this time-loss thing is similar to that frequently mentioned aspect of UFO abductions?

But these minor experiences are presented in a new, simple, teaching format. No longer being simply a handly tool for the completion of an abduction, but merely as a little, personal lesson in the concept of time.

And I had just written this the day before:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess they did NOT appreciate my humor.

Oh well, guess it's death by the SuperResonator Beam for me. That's gotta suck, you know, being vibrated to death...

And Vrill, no it was just a couple seconds, maybe three. No time to look at watches, didn't even think of it.
edit on Wed Jan 18th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Is this your house?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

edit on 18-1-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I agree, folks should be watchful, for anomalies. Not sure if the laundry list is interrelated, but interesting hypothesis all the same. Oh, your short story rocks, too bad the posters didn't read the forum section title before speaking up.

I would like to add, I used to drive 2 hrs each Friday and Monday and lots of times would wonder how the heck did I get there, and sometimes the time frame was off by 30-45 minutes of expected arrival. There is also a section of I64 east in Eastern KY that is the worst for hypnotizing drivers, most wrecks seem happen in that area. There was also a time when nothing unusual had happened to me in awhile, and wondered almost out loud, hey when you gonna trip me up, and show me a fluke? And low and behold a few hours later there was a wavy vision, like they used to do on tv to change scenes....., had a complete conversation with a person I hadn't seen in years, then we parted and was on our way. Years later, saw this person again, and many things added up, but they didn't remember having run in to me or having the conversation that I related to them. That one still gets me shaking my head.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
time flies when you're having fun, and fun for you is apparently eating or being in the kitchen , problem solved and no anomaly detected

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I copied this from another thread in which I said this:

I for one, am expecting to start hearing about more anomolies regarding time/timeslips/accidental timetravel/some peoples time passing slower or faster than others, etc.

Something along the lines of,

"honey, the wierdest thing happened while I was at the shop today. Normally it takes me the entire day to completely remove and tear down an engine from a car. Today, for some reason, I was able to do it before lunch.
The boss was impressed and told me to take the rest of the day off".

We shall see.

link

I stand by what I said.
We are going to start hearing alot more stories about weird ass ### like this happening.
Don't ask me how I know, I just do.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Something occurred to me while reading this thread...Deja Vu?

You could just swear you already did that...but you didn't....are you feeling the path you were lead to by one split- second decision?

This is very interesting to me...can't wait to read more!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join