It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama Attack Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I don't think so. I think a lot of you guys are arguing back and forth for nothing. Obama stands to lose a lot of clout if the attack don't go right - and especially during an election year. I don't think he can go through with it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I would love to see Obama himself run out there on the front line. Psh. I don't think war is a good idea. No more fighting!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
NOPE!!!! Thats why he is already back peddling today saying that he is open to serious negotiations with Tehran. Look the US has already had PLENTY of excuses to attack Iran if they wanted to. The US has attacked other countries with MUCH LESS reason and provocation than Iran is providing. Iran is basically BEGGING to be attacked and the US wont do it. The US is even refraining from sending any carriers through Hormuz...there are 3 docked outside of it but they arent going in or through it.

The US and Israel cancelled war games this week to prevent provoking Iran. The US is SCARED and they do not want war with these folks.

Originally posted by USN1983
I don't think so. I think a lot of you guys are arguing back and forth for nothing. Obama stands to lose a lot of clout if the attack don't go right - and especially during an election year. I don't think he can go through with it.

edit on 18-1-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Will Obama Attack Iran?

No but Newt, Romney and Santorum will.

Vote Ron Paul if you want to stop the b.s. wars we are being thrown into.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
China wouldn't like Iran being attacked. Russia wouldn't like is Syria or Iran were attacked. In short, they must make it ok for Iran to be attacked in the eyes of China and Russia. Possibly a false flag attack or something else. However, I doubt that will happen. The United States has far too much to lose.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
China and Russia didnt like Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya being attacked either and you know what they did? They STFU and watched. They would do it again but no need to worry because an attack on Iran is not in the works. Its all bluffing.

Originally posted by AaronWilson
China wouldn't like Iran being attacked. Russia wouldn't like is Syria or Iran were attacked. In short, they must make it ok for Iran to be attacked in the eyes of China and Russia. Possibly a false flag attack or something else. However, I doubt that will happen. The United States has far too much to lose.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
No, Obama will not throw the first punch...

The US and its aligned allies have other schmucks to take care of the dirty deed for them so that they can keep their hands squeeky clean.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Since when has the powers that be been "scared" over losing American lives? It's not their kids that will be doing the dying. Use your head, being scared has nothing to do with it.

edit on 1/18/2012 by BLKMJK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The US must have some reason to attack Iran by International Law to withstand being an aggressor. Ha Ha. However, if Iran takes the bait and closes the Straits then the ante goes way up.

If in doing this they attack and damage ships of the 5th Fleet while trying to keep the Strait closed then war will break out. The US will destroy the Iranian navy, sweep away any mines they deployed and destroy their Air Defense structure to include all air defense, planes and operational bases. They will most likely be joined in this effort by the other nations bordering the gulf.

Once this has been done it will remain to see if the US moves to change the regime in Tehran. If this is the goal then the US will not invade Iran. Iran will be treated like Japan was at the end of WWII. Congress will have declared war on Iran and the US will demand they surrender unconditionally or face nuclear attack. BTW, nations at war are not subject to the NNPT.

Iran has been warned by Secretary Hillary Clinton that closing the Straits is unacceptable and will have very grave consequences.

If an attack is carried out it will be against a military target and may employ a neutron bomb to minimize collateral damage and hard radiation. It won't take very many bombs to convince the saner Iranians it's time to give up. Iran's current leaders will be arrested and jailed for crimes against the laws of nations.

Iran will resume oil production and export and the crisis will be over for good. My best,

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
My belief is that the U.S. will continue to provoke Iran until they attack. Then it's game on with wide public support. Perhaps just in time for the election. Wartime presidents are seldom defeated in an election.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

i didnt look into it much but iran is backed by russia right? could this turn into another cold war? probably not but despite what happens itll raise some major red flags in the eye of the general public (thats awake) we just gotta make that uprising matter or divert this entire possibly staged event by electing ron paul.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
An attack on Iran at this stage in the game would be ill-advised and unwise...

The only strategy that makes sense at this point is continued isolation, and international pressure.

Iran can't play the victim if they provoke an attack, and they will eventually... Preparation for that should be a top priority, and for all potential Iranian retaliation scenarios.

Containment and isolation... Yes.

Unprovoked and/or preemptive attacks... NO!

Either way, failure to mitigate the real risks and threats are not an option.

In my opinion.

top topics

join