It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PirateBay Press Release Regarding SOPA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Clandestino

Yeah just saw the other threads on ATS.
Been out all night, didn't hear about this until just now!!!

This is a ******* joke man....!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

4 reals man...

This whole situation is FUBAR,,, too say the least

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Sopa in Spanish means soup. So is it soup yet ? Or just tea time ?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

We've proven that their existence in their current form is no longer needed.

I've been saying this for years and it's the very reason why this SOPA bollocks will fail. The entertainment industry needs to realize that people want data instantly and for free, and they KNOW that it's possible, and they also know that the only reason it's not being done "legitimately" is because the big companies "need" more money. What a joke. The entertainment industry is a SERVICE industry, and it needs to adapt to OUR needs, we shouldn't have to adapt to theirs. That's insanity.

And since when did entertainment have such political pull to create laws to protect itself? When will this corruption end?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I must applaud The Pirate Bay on that statement, how true, and well though out.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Love tpb

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpaine1809
Love tpb

If/When TPB takes a hit from SOPA, the storm will really get nasty.

Mininova caved a few years ago but TPB kept on keeping on.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I was reading TPB earlier. Some funny S*@t honestly; had me cracking up.

The problem though is SOPA & PIPA will just be repackaged and sold eventually. We(the people) can't compete with the lobbing of gov officials by the corporations. They'll just end tucking it some pork for another bill. That or find a way to keep the majority busy and blind while they pass another piece along the same lines. It's like t.v. before cable. They'll eventually try to FCC it. I can see packaged internets. "You want google, youtube, yahoo, msnbc etc. well we have a package for that" The internets are under attack & by the way american's treat other important issues they'll eventually give in. We've become a sad sad society loathing in apathy and laziness. Sad sad sad

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Anonymous should specifically hack the US congressmen/senators that are attempting to pass this bogas piece of crap that is the SOPA bill. Come on dudes they must have bummed some hooker or rentboy out there thats willing to step up and exposes them for the corrupt deviants that they surely are.

We dont need no education, we dont need no thought control. No dark sarcasm in the classroom, SOPA leave our net alone!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I read about SOPA and PIPPA and as an Aussie, ive got to say, chances are, nothing will happen here in Australia.

Now I am in no way saying SOPA etc will not have an impact. I am saying, however, that SOPA like restrictions will come into power and the majority, as per usual, will do nothing about it and just accept it. Australia is fast becoming a nation full of whingers who accept whatever is happening and move on. This, in my opinion, is un-acceptable.

Please, for the sake of the 'free world', USA, stop this nonsense. No other country will do it so i guess its up to you guys

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 8om8er

"I read about SOPA and PIPPA and as an Aussie, ive got to say, chances are, nothing will happen here in Australia."

It dont matter where you are thats the point! If the SOPA bill is passed the US can simply and effectively remove any site that they deem offensive or in breech of there SOPA bill from the entire internet, gone, bye bye, the fat lady is singing, thats all she wrote!
edit on 20-1-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by refused

We've proven that their existence in their current form is no longer needed.

I've been saying this for years and it's the very reason why this SOPA bollocks will fail. The entertainment industry needs to realize that people want data instantly and for free, and they KNOW that it's possible, and they also know that the only reason it's not being done "legitimately" is because the big companies "need" more money. What a joke. The entertainment industry is a SERVICE industry, and it needs to adapt to OUR needs, we shouldn't have to adapt to theirs. That's insanity.

And since when did entertainment have such political pull to create laws to protect itself? When will this corruption end?

What utter BS. I work in the entertainment industry. It's not the executives and big stars who are getting hurt so much but the nuts and bolts people who keep things going. I know a lot who can't get work because of the state of things.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

For what its worth, by saying that nothing will happen in Australia, I mean that Aussies in general will just roll over and accept it without so much as a whimper. It seems to be the way this country is going........

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Another commenter a page back summarized TOR in lay terms really well.

an onion skin proxy network that allows you to change your ISP given IP number into an IP number reflecting that of another ISP...usually from another country, but can be in your own country too. It allows you to access sites that are blocked or that ban your IP number (or country's IP range) or just let's you hide behind the number and use it as if it were your own. TOR is usually bundled up with Privoxy.

I will be posting an expansion on this in a thread after work today. I work in graphics and will be creating an implementation info graphic. Easy to read and follow. Images are a key format for written info you fear might disappear.
edit on 20-1-2012 by windus because: Adding quote (iPhone sucks for this, so sorry for no credit of user I quoted)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I don't think SOPA is the answer but all you turds who rationalize stealing a product/service should realize you are not sticking it to the man, you are sticking it to your neighbor.
edit on 20-1-2012 by kazanoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by AlienStalker

According to my ISP who informed me via a news/email-letter type thing and a post on their website, Stichting BREIN (the org responsible) had a court case recently and won it. The judge ordered that piratebay must be made inaccessible for all residents in the Netherlands within 10 days.
edit on 18/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

Quite amazing how one person can just dictate what 1,000's of others can or cannot do isn't it?

Peace

And this is what they call freedom.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
People that can pay should pay! Everyone else = Torrents. Simplez!

SOPA can bite it! Goddamned US polatisions trying to police the net, are they not happy with policing the world? They need the net as well? Im glad this SOPA garbage seems dead in the water right now but it will be back, that you can be sure of.
edit on 19-1-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

For me it is not even a choice. Here we have for example no legal service for downloading or streaming tv series. The little entertainment i care about is not even imported here, which means there is no legal way for me to watch it. Only option is for me to break the law or wait for ages for a dvd/bluray release that might not even be released in my region.

I don't even own a tv anymore because of this.. I don't want to be forced to pay tv license to watch reality crap, propaganda and CSI and all the #ty clones of that show.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by windus
Another commenter a page back summarized TOR in lay terms really well.

an onion skin proxy network that allows you to change your ISP given IP number into an IP number reflecting that of another ISP...usually from another country, but can be in your own country too. It allows you to access sites that are blocked or that ban your IP number (or country's IP range) or just let's you hide behind the number and use it as if it were your own. TOR is usually bundled up with Privoxy.

I will be posting an expansion on this in a thread after work today. I work in graphics and will be creating an implementation info graphic. Easy to read and follow. Images are a key format for written info you fear might disappear.
edit on 20-1-2012 by windus because: Adding quote (iPhone sucks for this, so sorry for no credit of user I quoted)

Your post will be very much appreciated by many I believe.

Looking forward to it.

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Please feel free to follow my thread on Tor and proxies - how to use them for safe Internet defence against external monitoring.

Tor (anonymity network)

I encourage us all to consider using this information for the betterment of our 'net. Let's take it back.

If the thread gets enough traffic and encouragement, I will post onto it a complete infographic, simplifying the install steps.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join