It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sopa: US backers end support for anti-piracy bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well I guess enough people voiced their opposition to this bill and it has been killed!!

This is good news to internet freedom for thanks should be given to the internet companies like Google, and Wikipedia who threw their support into this fight and probably helped for this conclusion to come.

Obama's White House also said earlier today they would not sign any bills that limit Americans innovative standards, as well as their personal liberties online (like that has ever stopped them before

Link to article:
www.bbc.co.uk...

What do you guys thinks about this turn of events?

Edit to say: We should remember all of our representatives who were pushing this bill and vote them all out when the opportunity arises! Not too mention the companies that backed this terrible piece of legislation showing their favor for profits over individuals freedoms.
edit on 18-1-2012 by AlienStalker because: To add another line of commentary to my post

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
We need to step up our efforts in this fight if we wish to succeed in smashing these crooks. It must be now more than ever to all intelligent people in this country through passage of the NDAA and possible SOPA bill that criminals have hijacked the government. If you do not heed the warnings of recent events and react to them by protesting in some way whether it be through donations or some other form of support for those on the good side.

Do not be mislead by disinformation, it is everywhere. The media Fox CNN MSNBC ABC get funding from where? Answer this and you will also find the puppet masters behind the cunning secretive take over of the USA.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Are you sure it's dead? *pokes it with a stick*

Last I heard, they were going to 'fix it" and try again.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Are you sure it's dead? *pokes it with a stick*

Last I heard, they were going to 'fix it" and try again.

My sentiments exactly.

This quote from the article about says it all:

Mr [Senator Orrin] Hatch called Pipa "not ready for prime-time" and said he would remove himself from the bill's list of sponsors.

In other words they are still working on making the pill easy enough for Americans to swallow.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I think Rupert Murdoch is pretty mad right now. Take a look at his Twitter feed.

Rupert Murdoch On SOPA, where are all big film stars with many millions to lose?
3 hours ago

It's good to see the creator of Fox News pissed off.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

I poked it with a stick and IT MOVED. This article does not say it's dead. There are remains and they are going to keep trying to pass something NOW. The house shelved it and it was back in 24 hours...just as soon as Congress returned the calls to the lobbyists. America and the world have found their voice. Watch for the shell game. It isn't dead yet...not even close. Wish it was.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hollywood lobbyists much have cheaped out on the bribery front if people are backing away.

new topics

top topics

join