It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Moves to Repeal Indefinite Detention Of American Citizens Without Trial (Video, CSPAN)

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Just finished watching this video, and I found the speech to be very spot on.

Ron Paul wants to repeal a section of the NDAA which allows the indefinite detention of citizens without trial.

See those fat old men in the suits, the ones in the corner of the video? They're thinking,

"But.. That defeats the whole purpose Ron."

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Good ol Ron sticking up for the rights of all citizens as usual! Very few individuals like him, Washington needs more!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Vote paul or not at all

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
who wants to bet Paul ends up indefinitely detained???

2nd line

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yea, there goes crazy old Ron again, talking about the issues that actually matter.

Why doesn't anyone applaude this, or even acknowledge this while in session? Maybe they were all beating Angry birds, for the fifth time. This man needs to be our next president, we have no other choice.

RP 2012!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I'd die trying to bust him out

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
im from the uk but stayed up and watched the debate the other nite it was 4 in the mornin when it finshed and i think ron paul is the only person people in the usa should be voting for ...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Ron Paul's picture should be in the Smithsonian labeled, Last Honest Politician. Some say his foreign policy is isolationist, but I see it as take care of our own before we try to help the rest of the planet. We have Way too much wrong at home to be telling other nations how to run theirs. VOTE RP!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Campaigning and still showing up to take care of business in DC.

Gotta love his energy! I hope I have half that much at 60!

Go Ron Go!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
FREEZE Stop and Think

Cut Overseas Spending, No Policing The World, No Wars Without Congress Approval, Open Communications Channels Up on Foreign Affairs, Audit Federal Reserve, Dismantle IRS, Fair Trade Agreements

We can't let the crazy little man do that can we? OH! YES WE CAN...
edit on 1/18/2012 by Shdak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I get tears in my eyes watching this, knowing full well that the majority of Americans are flat out ignorant for even thinking of voting for anyone else other than Dr. Ron Paul to make America a proud and resourceful country again. It boggles the human mind! GO RON GO!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This man is the last hope for the America you remember as a child. If you ever want to see it again vote Ron Paul and get others to vote Ron Paul as well. You are a domino in a chain reaction of events that will save America but only with your help. If you choose to ignore him then you can kiss your rights goodbye and expect TSA at walmart within 5 years feeling up your wife, kids, grandma, niece and anyone else they please. Better wake up and get involved now.

RON PAUL 2012
RESTORE AMERICA NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never underestimate the domino effect.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
he deserves to be president - by default he would be better than anyone since the 80's.
think : RONPAUL
vote :RONPAUL
RONPAUL the only American running for potus.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

“One senator even said about American citizens picked up under this section of the NDAA, ‘When they say, “I want my lawyer,” you tell them, “Shut up. You don't get a lawyer.”’ Is this acceptable in someone who has taken an oath to uphold the Constitution?” he asked. The congressman in question was Senator Lindsay Graham, who did indeed have such vile words in encouraging others to sign the Act. “For those American citizens thinking about helping al-Qaeda, please know what will come your way: death; detention; prosecution,” explained Senator Graham while the Act was originally up for discussion.

What's really a shame is that I had to find this out this senators name from "Russia Today" and not from Yahoo! news. Guess they had to use the space for "Snooky Without Make-up"?
S&F, for such a politically important post!
edit on 19-1-2012 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

top topics

join