It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plausible Theory of What The 'Sounds in The Sky' Are! (proof that it is a viral for Mass Effect 3)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Nice.

Im sure I remember reading about this in the paper. Just goes to show you the lengths that media companies will go to get publicity.

And the Blair witch project was over ten years ago.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I would believe this theory, except I have heard this sound in person. Several times. My neighbors, friends, family, my girl, have all heard this sound and have been at a loss for an explanation. The first time we went outside for about 45 min, trying to brainstorm all the possibilities.

It was freaky to say the least.

Now, we still dont know what it, but we're kind of used to it so when we hear it, we just say "well, there it is again"

Also, I have lived in the area my whole life and this is a new occurence.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

What I was trying to show was that this type of marketing has been around for years. Even if the marketing scares people they still use it. They want us to "live" it and get invested in it before they release their name. Blair Witch let it progress for months and when they finally released the news they were behind it every MSM reported the "hoax".
They got exactly what they wanted, attention. I remember I just had to go see that movie because I had heard about it from just about everywhere after the news releases came out. (I was a little younger then and public opinion was important to me.)

If this is what they are doing they are doing it well. I have a feeling though that they won't own up to it until they are good and ready. What is the release dates for the game and movie? I say if they haven't spoken up a month before the releases it isn't them. But, I won't be surprised now thanks to you if it is.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Could you describe the sound for me please.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This theory is certainly plausible but I don't think this is the case. Considering the length of the videos, the scale and possible legal ramifications, and the videos that go back to early 2011

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Great information to add to my own opinion. It is just still hard to believe that every video with this sound is Mass Effect

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

The release date for the game is March 6th, so to me its perfect timing for this type of viral ad (what with all the 'strange noise' posts of 2011 and the fact that its 2012).

The movie has no release date yet but I think it is due out this year.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You know, it is kind of funny, and strange at the same time. Meanwhile there are many supposed reports that these sounds are heard worldwide, I still haven't found anyone who has heard them.

Has anyone actually heard these sounds? not from a video, or heard someone say someone else heard, nor the cousin, of an old acquaintance, of another acquaintance of mine... I mean how many people have PERSONALLY heard one of these sounds?

I have been in many places in the U.S. in the last year, from Montana, to Miami, and in many small towns very few people have even heard about in the U.S., and nowhere have I heard one of these sounds.

edit on 19-1-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
This theory is certainly plausible but I don't think this is the case. Considering the length of the videos, the scale and possible legal ramifications, and the videos that go back to early 2011

Again, I don't think the 2011 videos have anything to do with ME3. Just the ones posted in 2012.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
BTW, imo it is very possible the op is right, and this could be nothing more than a viral suspence act on the part of Bioware for a game.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBK

Not every video, just the ones posted this year that show 'hornlike' sounds. There aren't many of them, maybe 4 or 5.

If you give me a few hours im going to make a video of all the footage I think is VMC with footage of Mass Effect (my laptop is up and running whoop whoop).

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I live next to a civilian airport... municipal sized, no big wings here... nothing larger than 727 size and mostly private, small aviation. I am used to noises and such. Nothing disturbs me. But there was a night just before New Years that heard some roaring that was not aircraft engines, had a deep, throaty growl to it and it was distant... as in, not nearby.

No idea. Maybe it was something easily explained but it reminds me how we can hear things that don't fall under the category of easy.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

This is what I have been saying. The low-growling-rumble type sounds have nothing to do with the theory I am posting. My theory is purely based on the new 'Horn-like' sounds.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Sounds like whale songs to me. Like somebody just took whale songs and edited them into the videos.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

They are caused from shallow earth quakes... nothing more nothing less!!! Read previous threads and you will see that this is nothing new and the FACTS i posted from the 1700's and 1800's. this is not a theory this is fact! Time to stop with this research through YouTube. Again I have posted the FACTS in other threads!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thats interesting. The only video up so far that actually has people in it hearing the sounds in a place which has a Bioware studio. They could easily be actors.

I actually think you cracked the case!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It still reminds me more of the creature from Cloverfield personally.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Or atleast what these few videos are.

Now I think many of these videos, especially the videos for 2012 that show 'Horn-like' noises maybe a viral Marketing campaign by the video game company Bioware for their up and coming game Mass Effect 3. Mass effect 3 is a game about mechanical being known asthe 'Reapers' invading Earth.

A few things have lead me to this conclusion. Firstly a few of the video are filmed in Canada, home country of Bioware and secondly the sounds, sound almost exactly the same as the Reapers.

In this video skip to 2:15 to hear the reapers.

At the moment this is purely speculation on my part but I do believe these noises (or at least the over the top 'horn' sounds that have been filmed in 2012) are part of a VM campaign.

I have emailed Bioware so I will post if they get back to me.

ALS

ETA: I'm not saying all the videos out there are made by Bioware. Nor am I saying Bioware have a giant horn that they are blasting across the earth. What I am saying is the 'horn-like' footage in the OP maybe a viral for ME3.

ETA: proof is on page 3
edit on 18-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

These sounds have been going on since 2010. This isn't "viral" marketing. That's always the excuse for unknown mass events -- it's the modern day cop-out "swamp gas" or "ball lightning". Not to mention the fact that people who have not filmed this have heard this. We need to think beyond what we know at this point and accept the likelihood that there are an infinite number of mysteries that don't fit into our very limited, small-minded world.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is a ridiculous idea. There is absolutely no way a company will pay a bunch of people to blow horns or make sounds, to scare people. It makes no sense whatsoever and just because they sound the same does. It necessitate the legitimacy of your claim.

These sounds have been occurring in the world since before the planning stages of Mass Effect 3. Seriously, go for a walk, the video games have melted your mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join