It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plausible Theory of What The 'Sounds in The Sky' Are! (proof that it is a viral for Mass Effect 3)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

When i first read the title of this thread i thought yeah maybe there is something in this, but after hearing the actual reaper noise from the game and watching various interviews i'm not convinced. I just dont think the sounds are the same at all. The noises being heard are longer, have a different pitch and sound like more trumpet like sounds. Not the metallic grinding sound the reapers make in the game.

Don't get me wrong, was nice thinking and very plausible, but I've spoken to a few people on threads that have heard these noises themselves and they assure me that they sounded as if they were coming from high above and all around, i can't figure it out myself, any body got any new theories besides the popular 7 trumpets of God theory?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Does anyone else remember the viral campaign for Shadows of the Colosus on PS2? There were all sorts of videos on youtube of fake news stories, supposed videos of buried creatures etc. This seems like the same thing to me. As for the trumpets of God theory, that is by far the dumbest. Each one of the trumpets in Revelation is followed by a severe worldwide judgement. I know I haven't been watching the news, but I think I would have heard about an earthquake or plague that killed off 1/3 of Earth

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
We have to keep in mind that these strange noises are being report for 2 years now, i cant see how can we relate it to Mass Effect 3.

Now considering the fact that this phenomena might be true and not staged, and I'm considering the reality of it only because quiet few respected members of ATS witnessed the sound themselves and also because it was once transmitted live during a baseball game (although during that game if im not wrong it was heard only once and not as in many YT videos), so considering its all happening my logic tells me that what is causing the sound might be something of somehow the same size reacting with something turning potential energy to kinetic energy and thus emit sound, since the sound seems to be similar in all cases.

What if what is being heard is coming into earth from outer space, neutrinos we never encountered before maybe?

I recall that it was being published that we might be entering a patch in our galaxy were some kind of interstellar dust resides, also there were articles about the Sun emitting some strange particles...

lemme try and find some of these articles :

here we go :

Space Dust Flooding Our Solar System

Interstellar grains in the solar system: Requirements for an analysis

Is the Sun Emitting a Mystery Particle?

adding up to the scenario strange clouds etc...i think this is something wort our consideration

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

I dowloaded the sound from one of the you tube videos the wave file looked like this.

Similar to whats seen on the video at 3:10 also he said the team were in the woods on a trip, to Conklin Alberta it seems!!!

Also on this thread looks at the wave file from 2 videos
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-1-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

Ah thanks for that. The wave files look exactly the same.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

Kingofmd and heineken, very good points.
I agree with you about the trumpet theory, kingofmd, sounds like rubbish to me, i mean these sounds have been heard for 2 yrs as was mentioned, and if thats the case, arent the 4 horsemen of tha apocalypse supposed to be riding round unleashing havok?

But i cant believe all this is for mass effect three, all over the world, different countries, different languages etc etc, what a lot of cash that would cost, with out ever hinting at the game? seems like a waste of money and time, as if anyone would hear that noise and think, " That reminds me, i want mass effect three,"

It seems to me as Heineken says , the noise is a by-product of some natural (or un-natural) event occuring. Magnetic field breakdown / alteration etc, HAARP? i dont know, but i think a plain old trailer on tv would sell more games than a random and obscure noise sounding off around the globe. Doesn't make sense and the logistics of making such a viral ad campaign would surely be a very complicated nightmare.

And if those sound waves match perfectly, wouldnt the human ear pick them up sounding awefully similar to, because i dont think they sound the same at all, and ive turned my system up LOUD to test it lol. Im not picking an arguement, just debating the fact that the sound waves match "exactly" and the actuall sound differs ALOT. these noises have been heard in india, eastern europe, russia, africa, usa etc etc, thats a long trip for the team
edit on 19-1-2012 by Indigo86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsBlink
I don't really think this is actually viral marketing for Mass Effect 3. I find it a little weird there's few people chiming in on that. It's way, way too vague, and most of the videos are painfully obvious fakes. But some of them do sound like Reapers.

And if it is the same exact sound?

These are people filming a video of the sky and putting Reaper sounds in the background because they're making fun of other people that will believe anything. Which is a pretty funny idea, actually.

But isn't it the prefect marketing stunt. For a while now people have been filming 'strange sounds' (sounds that can usauslly be explained be nature, heavy machinery and hoaxes etc etc) but now in 2012 videos are appearing that show loud 'horn-like' noises. Noises that sound exactly like the reapers of mass effect.

Viral campaigns tend to be obscure, it's how they work.

m.readwriteweb.com...

I predict that the next set of videos we see, show the noises, then the reapers descending to earth.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Well if its proof they are going to alot of trouble. 3AM in Chesterfield when everyone is a sleep, don't think so.

While its obvious some/most of these videos are fake there is some truth to this because I have heard this!

I'm usually the one debunking stuff on ATS but unfortunately I can't find any reasonable explanation to what I heard.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by klhbrown

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by Cassey222

I disagree.Companies do things like this all the time. For example, this viral site for resident evil 6:

nohopeleft.com...

And this:

m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=s00HQm_rWpk

ALS

IDK. Maybe the sound videos are viral marketing, maybe not. All I know is that it's a lot easier to spray paint things in a handful of locations than it is to blast loud sounds in thousands of locations. People on this site have actually heard this sound with their own ears - in person - not via youtube.

The trouble I have with this, is that these 'horn-like' sounds are (or would have to be) extremely loud. Why is it that only a handful of people on a conspiracy forum have heard them.

ALS
edit on 19-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by klhbrown

reply to post by Cassey222

I disagree.Companies do things like this all the time. For example, this viral site for resident evil 6:

nohopeleft.com...

And this:

m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=s00HQm_rWpk

ALS

IDK. Maybe the sound videos are viral marketing, maybe not. All I know is that it's a lot easier to spray paint things in a handful of locations than it is to blast loud sounds in thousands of locations. People on this site have actually heard this sound with their own ears - in person - not via youtube.

The trouble I have with this, is that these 'horn-like' sounds are (or would have to be) extremely loud. Why is it that only a handful of people on a conspiracy forum have heard them.

ALS
edit on 19-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

At least we can tell from all the videos and threads posted that the phenomena is getting bigger and thus closer for the truth to be revealed, hoax or not

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

I agree, some of the videos are extremely fake looking, lmao, but what im going by is eye witness (or ear witness accounts) of friends i have spoken to about much and they are freaked by it, obviously people jump on the band wagon and join in, as with ufos etc, but there is a selection that actually happen, i saw one video in india or somewhere in the east, and when the sound went off, people in the street literally jumped out of their skin, minutes later the street was emptied completely. Like i say, some fakes yes, but i dont see the massive profit to be gained by scaring some poor rural asian communities, most of who have no idea what mass effect is, completely out of their wits.

Loads of expense, not much sense. However if for example it was in the USA or Uk and people in street didn't react, or ran screaming like idiots then yes, i'd probably scream "fake" too.
Let me see if i can find a link to the vid im talking about,was quite a while ago tho, check back guys

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Isnt Mass Effect a NEW RELEASE movie just months ago?

How did Kiev get the "grim reaper" sound years ago??

TO me, the OP's opinion in that regard, is backwards...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Yh i know, its just doesnt make sense, lots of hassle and expense for very little reward. Cant let the fakers cover up the real issue here, that happens to often. dont get me wrong, better to be skeptical and try to debunk stuff, but there comes a point where you have to open up to the possibility its not "normal"

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo86

I too have heard these noises. I even made a thread on it but it turned out to be a warning siren for railway workers. There is a distinct difference between the videos I'm saying are VM (ie: videos uploaded in 2012) to the many videos uploaded in 2011.

The 2012 videos are loud 'horn-like' noise. Many of the 2011 are dull mechanical noises that can be explained by (and have been) explained by wind, fracking etc..etc.

ALS

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a marketing campaign ... freaky! but would it make sense for Bioware to scare people and whole cities? not everybody knows Mass Effect ... me for example and what is about "non gamers" ... old people ... kids ... animals (okay, we do not care about them anyways) ... it is freaking out everybody who is hearing it! yes, the sound of the game and of those videos seems to be the same, but come on ... a marketing campaign? who would give a permission for something like that? okay, today everything is possible because we only need to have a look around and see many strange and unbelievable stuff, but in case it is just a campaign, it would be too much. If Bioware or any other gaming company is behind it, I just hope these videos are fake as well, otherwise people hearing that sound will be disappointed that a rapture will not take place nor that aliens will come for a visit to have a cup of tea.
I case the videos are not fake, I want to hear that sound by myself ... it is creepy interesting

if it is just a marketing campaign ... it would be bad taste, big time ...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Riip9110

It's this simple you make a video in the wilds or a city and add the sound track later ANYONE with a computer has the software already in a windows pc or a mac.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Hey ALS,

I saw you edited your original post saying there is proof on page 3 of the thread. I didn't see anything? I was hoping you had a response from Bioware. If you haven't, I might call them, and start doing some research on laws against causing mass hysteria, or something.

If it's true some of the videos I've seen are indeed an unlabeled advertising campaign, it should be illegal.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
Recipe For TOG Video:

1. Open up FL Studio/Mixcraft/Acoustica
2. Play a scary sounding pad, or take sound/music, stretch it out, slow it down, lower its pitch.
3. Turn equalizer for sound all the way up.
4. Degrade quality of the sound.
5. Film video, move camera around the sky randomly as if looking for something.
6. Insert sound into video.
7. Post on Youtube.
OPTIONAL: Post on ATS, or any other conspiracy website, including adultswim.com

What about when it happens on live television?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
In my opinion it sounds nothing like the Reapers out of ME. Like others have previously said, people on this website have heard these strange noises with their own ears, and Bioware simply can't have huge speakers all over the world and blast out the Reapers' noises. It's too much effort for just a video game.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I have to disagree. The sounds of the game and the ones being recorded world wide are nor even close. At least not to my ears.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Riip9110

Whole cities? Bold claims. You do understand that when I say "Bioware made these videos" that I don't mean they have a giant horn that they around sounding around the world.

What I mean is they have edited the footage and put the sound in after.

And to everyone saying that "thousands of people have heard it", this statement is simply untrue. Nobody outside of conspiracy and alternative news circles have heard this phenomenon.

ALS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join