Plausible Theory of What The 'Sounds in The Sky' Are! (proof that it is a viral for Mass Effect 3)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by allintoaccount

Can you link a video clip of it? I'd like to compare.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanielET
Yes maybe you are right & the game itself could be a diversion from what might actually happen in real life.

Well you may be right, I may be a diversion. For me anyway

ALS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowOblivionX
reply to post by allintoaccount

Can you link a video clip of it? I'd like to compare.

Its a recent series with 7 episodes I don't know which one. I heard it in the last 10minutes special feature which goes into how they captured the images. The man in the program actually comments that he had never heard anything like it,kinda frightened me with all the weird sounds and whatavya. I will try and dig it out for you but I'm no wizard.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

About Electronic Arts ... The EA Games Label titles are developed at the following studios: BioWare (located in Edmonton and Montreal, Canada and Austin, Texas) , Black Box (located in ...

aboutus.ea.com...

Take this 'sounds in the sky' video for example it was filmed in a place that actually has a Bioware studio.

Edmonton:

ALS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

About Electronic Arts ... The EA Games Label titles are developed at the following studios: BioWare (located in Edmonton and Montreal, Canada and Austin, Texas) , Black Box (located in ...

aboutus.ea.com...

Take this 'sounds in the sky' video for example it was filmed in a place that actually has a Bioware studio.

Edmonton:

ALS

Again this video, fis set in Alberta which also has a Bioware studio.

Profit 100 – Canada's Fastest Growing Companies 2005 (Rank 81)
In October 2008, BioWare was named one of Alberta's Top Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc., which was announced by the Calgary Herald[29] and the Edmonton Journal.[30][31]

edit on 18-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I knew this was going to be a matter of viral marketing. If you go to the first video on youtube of these strange noises, which i think is here www.youtube.com... the poster of the video is called christref. I went onto his/her page and noticed they are subscribed to the biowaremasseffect channel. They also have a few videos on their channel that show them using some sort of audio software. Add the two together and what do you get?
I beleive that the low rumblings that have been happening in the USA aren't related to these fake videos however. They sound nothing alike! We'll find out in a few months if this related to Mass Effect 3, so not long to wait. Good work on finding this video OP.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by n00byn00b

Ah well done that coupled with the links I just found says it all. We have cracked it!!

ALS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
What I think is interesting is that the makers of software have identified clients as those that believe in strange sounds. I believe that there are unidentified sounds. I hear them all of the time. There are all sorts of wonderful night sounds I am beginning to learn about such as the different sounds different night birds make or various sounds made by insects. The best sound was a strange sound that invaded our entire house. It was due to a tree frog inside of one of the downspouts. The sound seemed to come from everywhere and in fact it traveled through gutters to all parts of the house. Go amphibian!

Clearly this company knows what sorts of people are likely to buy its products.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I can see the relation but I hear a distinct difference. I'm sure the company would come forward with the truth as they don't want to jeopardize their potential market by scaring them off with fake alien invasion sounds, unless...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
m.youtube.com...#/profile?user=coopers204
m.youtube.com...#/profile?user=coopers204

Again with these videos. Bioware have a studio in Manitoba.

ALS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

See, I hear a distinct similarity. Perhaps it's because I'm a mass effect nerd!

ALS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Star and flag!

I KNEW I had heard those sounds somewhere before, and just couldn't pinpoint it. It's totally viral marketing for ME3, no doubt about it in my mind now.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MRedfield

It was the same for me. I knew I had heard it before the. 'bam'. Reapers I thought. I pulled up a sound file and straight away knew it was viral!

Clever Bioware.

ALS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
ALS, I'm also a BIG Mass Effect nerd as well and these sounds do remind me of the "Reaper" signature sound! It will be interesting to see if we get 'Official" confirmation.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Good work, bro.

I think you may have unravelled the mystery.

The only other possibility is invisible UFO's making that sound. *Shudders*

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Good job I had actually forgotten about ME3. In another thread I said I analyzed the sounds. I could hear a clicking in the audio before the sounds; so I think that it is viral marketing.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Diseased because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-1-2012 by Diseased because: spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Here is some footage from Mass Effect 1, if you listen carefully many of the sound files sound very similar to many of the 'sky sounds' videos. If you go to the end of the video you will hear sovereign (the first reaper), he makes the same 'horn-like' noise we are hearing in the OP.

ALS
edit on 18-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: Spelling, I really can't get on with this iPhone key pad!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diseased
Good job I had actually forgotten about ME3. In another thread I said I analyzed the sounds. I could hear a clicking in the audio before the sounds; so I think that it is viral marketing.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Diseased because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-1-2012 by Diseased because: spelling

I have emailed Bioware, telling them that I've rumbled them. Haha I ask if I get a free copy of ME3 for my troubles.

As soon as they reply ( if they do) I will post it here.

ALS

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Double post.

ALS
edit on 18-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Just to further solidify your theory, I'd like to post the plot outline of Mass Effect 3:

masseffect.wikia.com...

Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

This is significant, since in the first two games you spent 99% of your time in space or in other parts of the galaxy. I bet the marketing we're going through right now will be mirrored inside the game for the intro, as citizens of Earth hear the sounds of the reapers throughout the sky all over the world.

This viral marketing is working exactly as intended, it's really gathering wind on other forums and in personal discussions. They don't know if it's real or not, but everybody is talking about it and that's exactly how viral marketing works.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum