It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plausible Theory of What The 'Sounds in The Sky' Are! (proof that it is a viral for Mass Effect 3)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bobrules

I would of done but my mobile is useless. plus i would of had to make a you tube account and upload, which I don't want to do.
All the time I was listening to it I was thinking of ATS.
I have written to this thread just incase anybody else in my area on here heard it too.
And I wanted it documented incase in the future this sound is explained.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousR

I think you have a good idea! Whether or not there is an effort to make fake videos, in order to dis credit the real videos or to take the spot light away from them, I don't know. If enough fakes are put out there and enough people see them, then they hear that what they saw was fake, maybe they will not stop to think that any of the videos or sounds were ever real to begin with.

I think what we should try to do, while we are still relatively early on in this investigation, is locate the videos that most of us can agree are the originals and contain real sounds, images, and events!

We could catalogue them in a thread here, that way we could have them readily avilable in an easy to find location, so when/if there is an attempt to explain away the others as fake we will be able to pull the originals out.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I'm Commander Shepherd, and this is my favourite thread on ATS.
Can't wait for this game!

They could also be creating fake UFOs to fly around as added attention!
edit on 20-1-2012 by Xadaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
im just speculating and am not religiously biased in any way whatsoever im only connecting dots.

The seven seals (Revelation 6:1-17, 8:1-5), seven trumpets (Revelation 8:6-21, 11:15-19), and seven bowls/vials (Revelation 16:1-21) are three succeeding series of end-times judgments from God.

its wierd that they are heard thoughtout the world with nothing in sight appearing to have made them.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
show 'Horn-like' noises maybe a viral Marketing campaign by the video game company Bioware for their up and coming game Mass Effect 3

If this is true then it is financial suicide.

In this recession imagine how many unemployed people could take Bioware to court for causing them to not get a job because they were afraid to go out of their house to the interview.

Anyone could say 'I was too terrified to go out of my house'. They could then easily say 'If I got the new job I would be a millionaire in a year. But now, thanks to Bioware, they have ruined my chances of making money'.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I always read with interest the various forums on ATS but have to let you know that I came back from a weeks holiday to Lanzarote last weekend, which is in the Canary Islands. I too heard the horn or rumbling sound at 4am on Sunday 15.01.12 while I was staying in a hotel in the deep south of the island, at a resort called Playa Blanca, I did not tape them as my phone was locked away in the safe, typical. The sounds lasted 15 mins or so and from memory were very like most as portrayed in the 15 min video above, although like others doubt anything to do with mass effect 3 as I was on a small island in the atlantic ocean and my bedroom was 60/70 ft from the ocean and the sounds were defo from above or the sea, no other place, it was a weird experience but glad I heard it.
I wonder if it could be a repetative message from the aliens or as other say the dreaded HAARP.
Love and peace dudes.
Spanners 68

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

So you think Bioware is making these sounds around the world to sell their video game...hold on a second....GJKAWEGAWGIKWALG ROFL! Sorry I hit the ground laughing. Ever heard of TV marketing?

And to top it all off wouldn't that be against the law? DISTURBING THE PEACE.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Your title says PROOF...um I don't see any.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Well, how about this sound? It is from Battlefield Bad Company 2. Japanese "black weapon". Check it out.

And I'm pretty certain I'v herd this sound even before. Not "Mass Effect" exclusive at all.

edit on 20-1-2012 by Duby78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
Where is the major news coverage

Here's some news coverage from the UK:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-1-2012 by Sozen94 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2012 by Sozen94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

show 'Horn-like' noises maybe a viral Marketing campaign by the video game company Bioware for their up and coming game Mass Effect 3

If this is true then it is financial suicide.

In this recession imagine how many unemployed people could take Bioware to court for causing them to not get a job because they were afraid to go out of their house to the interview.

Anyone could say 'I was too terrified to go out of my house'. They could then easily say 'If I got the new job I would be a millionaire in a year. But now, thanks to Bioware, they have ruined my chances of making money'.

C'mon, you really think a law suit like that would stand up in court? It wouldn't.

ALS

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

So you think Bioware is making these sounds around the world to sell their video game...hold on a second....GJKAWEGAWGIKWALG ROFL! Sorry I hit the ground laughing. Ever heard of TV marketing?

And to top it all off wouldn't that be against the law? DISTURBING THE PEACE.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

You ever heard of viral marketing? Many of the videos I think are VM are getting lots of hits. One is getting close to 2 million. As I stated before, if this is Bioware then they have reach all these people for almost no money at all!.

From a marketing point of view it makes perfect sense.

And no THEY ARE NOT GOING ROUND THE WHOLE WORLD WITH A GIANT HORN.

Please go back and read my posts throughout the thread.

ALS

edit on 20-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Okay, page 14 and I'm still in it here! LOL

It seems to me that we're talking about two different columns of sounds here.

The OBVIOUS ME3 Enemy noise, created for a game and virally fictionalized in many YouTube videos.

ALS has a good ear and HAS proven a link (IMO) to Bioware and the noise.

However, there are other noises people are talking about. There's a guy who was in the Bahamas in a post a few up from mine that was on an Island and heard these noises he couldn't identify. There are other YT vids that are displaying a different noise.

I'll give kudos to ALOSTSOULs work to ferret out the viral marketing in this phenomenon, but, it is my opinion that there are more and different sounds to identify.

And for the record, I'm NOT thinking it's God and His Angels setting up to taze the Earth.

Just my humble opinion.
Cuhail

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Duby78

Your right there not exclusive. I watched a video somewhere (I'll try and find the link) that said Bioware's sound team helped with BC2 and BF3. Its the reason why, if your a Battlefield 3 player, you will get an early ME3 demo on Feb 6th (I think).

ALS

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Okay, page 14 and I'm still in it here! LOL

Dedication, I like it.

It seems to me that we're talking about two different columns of sounds here.

You right and I've tried to explain this to people but I don't seem to be getting anwhere. I must admit though, I should have made the distinction between the two in the OP. As many people seem to be skipping large parts of the thread.

ALS has a good ear and HAS proven a link (IMO) to Bioware and the noise.
I'll give kudos to ALOSTSOULs work to ferret out the viral marketing in this phenomenon,

Thanks.

ALS
edit on 20-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Lok, it indeed does not sound like the game. There was a very deep rumble too, deeper than that in any of the videos.
The ITN clip Sozen94 posted suggested trains, although querying whether there were railways near all the locations, which there alomost certainly were not, but yes some of those sounds were very like long freight trains.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

So you want to explain to me why they would target an area like my house in rural TN?

I can get it that its viral marketing for faked ones on the net.........

But they are just taking ahold of that because of the REAL sounds that started a while back.......I know there are fakes.......

But there are plenty of people here on ATS that have heard these sounds for themselves.........and theres nothing viral about that

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Wow....I didn't know they were in TN now! Where are you Nashville? I would love to hear these sounds with my own ears. I am in Mt. Juliet but travel to Carthage on occasion. I spend a lot of time in Green Hills also so you can just give me a general area.

Was the sound the low grumble or the "horns"? I know several people have heard the low grumble like StealthyKat posted but I am interested in the "horns". They scare the crap out of me when I watch the youtube videos.

edit on 20-1-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

But there are plenty of people here on ATS that have heard these sounds for themselves.........and theres nothing viral about that

I actually do have a theory on the 'rumbling' phenomenom as a whole. I believe it has gained 'urban legend' status. I believe that many of these expierences can be attributed to the following:

-Lying/hoaxing
-Nature (I.e: high winds)
-Man made (I.e: Far off roads, planes etc..)

Of coase I'm not saying all these experiences are the above but I believe most are.

But to be honest this is for another thread. My theory is based solely on the new (trumpet videos).

ALS

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Ok I have something else for you all.

I think this person:

from this video is, Mike Kent (sound designer for ME):

ALS

edit on 19-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

Hahaha awesome. You're a regular dallasgoldbug.

Seriously--excellent work by OP & others. Gotta say case closed on the horn sounds. It's funny to see how some think they would have to actually blow horn sounds around the world to pull it off. A couple actors, a video cam and some good editing (read game developers) could whip up a hundred realistic youtubes given a couple days and a few cases of mountain dew. Pretty obvious internet marketing campaign. Maybe not War of the Worlds radio, but they found their niche.

I'm just wondering how many who think the sounds are Revelation-esque trumpets of the apocalypse will actually buy the game.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join