It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Newt Gingrich's campaign is about to implode

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
And hot off the AP Wire. The interview is coming out on Friday night.

AP source: ABC interviewed Gingrich ex-wife Jan 18 08:08 PM US/Eastern By DAVID BAUDER Associated Press NEW YORK (AP) - An ABC News executive tells The Associated Press that the network has interviewed Newt Gingrich's second wife and is likely to air the segment Friday on "Nightline."

That's the day before the South Carolina primary, where the Republican presidential candidate is trying to topple GOP front-runner Mitt Romney.

The ABC News executive did not indicate what the ex-wife, Marianne, said in the interview and spoke on the condition of anonymity because the plans for airing the interview were tentative. The ex-wife has said Gingrich proposed to her before the divorce from his first wife was final in 1981. Her marriage to Gingrich ended in divorce in 2000. Gingrich admitted he'd already taken up with Callista Bisek, his third wife.

Yeah, yeah. That's not it. It's got to be worse for them to drop a bomb the day before the election.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

The article on ABCNews says Thursday's "Nightline" so this thing is changing by the minute

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 18-1-2012 by wardk28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Oh awesome, I have it set to record now. Actually, due to the constant changing air date,I have it set to record every episode and will stop recording them until after it finally does air.

I can only imagine what it will be because there are already some pretty bad things out there about him as it is.
edit on 18-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Yea, think they were just stating what she's said in the past. If the marraige crap hasn't destroyed his career yet, it probably never will. This has to be something bigger, like you said.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

To me Newt has already served his purpose, he prevented Ron Paul from winning Iowa, hurt his numbers in NH, and may prevent Dr. Paul from winning in SC. Now Romney is starting to pull away from Dr. Paul for delegates and MSM decides to air what many of us already know about Newt.

Yep, I think the timing is interesting too for that very reason as it is likely that at least a percentage of his supporters would go to Paul. I suspect that it is about the arms deal, maybe more. People these days seem to have a very short memory. He's always done slimy, unethical things while pointing his finger at others. I'm sure he has plenty of skeletons in his closet.

Also, interestingly, I have heard NPR reporting that multiple of the other candidate have been left off of the ballots in multiple states, thereby reducing their chances (Rick Perry and others who, after their 15 min, went to the back of the pack.) I think it will come down to Mitt and Ron and I think that when that happens, despite the medias best efforts, more people will begin to support Ron as he is, by far the more ethical and not bought and paid for candidate a healer, not a banker. I think Paul will surprise the establishment and an imploding Newt is the first step in that direction.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

Yep. AP Wire just corrected their story. Thursday night on Nightline.

NEW YORK (AP) - An ABC News executive tells The Associated Press that the network has interviewed Newt Gingrich's second wife and is likely to air the segment Thursday on "Nightline." That's two days before the South Carolina primary, where the Republican presidential candidate is trying to topple GOP front-runner Mitt Romney. The ABC News executive did not indicate what the ex-wife, Marianne, said in the interview and spoke on the condition of anonymity because the plans for airing the interview were tentative. The ex-wife has said Gingrich proposed to her before the divorce from his first wife was final in 1981. Her marriage to Gingrich ended in divorce in 2000. Gingrich admitted he'd already taken up with Callista Bisek, his third wife.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
After you have a chance to read that Esquire interview with Gingrich's second wife, and while you're awaiting Thursday's revelations, you might want to read this excellent article about Gary Johnson (who had to go over to the Libertarian party to get noticed) that was in GQ a few months ago. There is such a contrast between Gingrich and this man, and yet all we've ever heard about is the series of flavors of the week nutjobs. I truly think Johnson and Buddy Roemer were marginalized just because they, along with RP, were the only ones who could give Romney a real adult run for the candidacy. All the time everyone was clamoring for 'anyone but Mitt', this really terrific guy was hardly getting any air time at all. The second link is to his remarkable documentary about his climb up Mt. Everest. Fair disclosure: Yeah, I support the guy
If someone here would like to make a separate new thread on this topic, I'd be grateful. I don't have enough posts yet to do that.

www.gq.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
A little blurb on Drudge's page states:

CNN SOURCE: 'WE HAVE REPUBLICAN DEBATE OF YEAR TOMORROW NIGHT. WE ARE GOING TO LET THEM JUST GO AT IT'... DEVELOPING...

Sounds like they are anticipating a free-for-all.

If this interview does indeed air tomorrow, I wonder if it will be brought up in the debate at all? Could be an interesting night.
edit on 18-1-2012 by VariableConstant because: typo

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Newt has so much excess baggage that it's amazing he's trying to run for president. It just shows how arrogant he is, which is really a sign he's a true sociopath.

I hope this sinks his campaigns ship, because I hate to say it, but as bad as Romney is, newt makes Romney look like Obama, and Obama look like Ron Paul, and Ron Paul look like.... I don't even know what..

Hopefully this makes him go away, and then it will be between Paul and O'Romney.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
A little blurb on Drudge's page states:

CNN SOURCE: 'WE HAVE REPUBLICAN DEBATE OF YEAR TOMORROW NIGHT. WE ARE GOING TO LET THEM JUST GO AT IT'... DEVELOPING...

Sounds like they are anticipating a free-for-all.

If this interview does indeed air tomorrow, I wonder if it will be brought up in the debate at all? Could be an interesting night.
edit on 18-1-2012 by VariableConstant because: typo

I sure hope so. Bring it back to RP and Romney and let the best man win. Obvious choice there. Natural selection at its finest!

Hope it is something actually big and not something that won't change peoples minds.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

CNN wants a free for all. They know Ron Paul is a gentleman, and they don't much like gentlemen.
Ron Paul just needs to shake his head like, 'WTF!" when these Republican nutjobs are talking about killing people and #.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Anyone running for President is a Napolean wanna be and a Great White Shark in the real sense.

So that's where that info about her saying she could end his career came from; a statement she made while still in the heat of divorce. It was misleading in the other stuff I read and made to sound as if she said that recently.

It will be interesting to see if it's personal dirty laundry making ABC the National Enquirer or if it has anything verifiable of substance. Otherwise it's just part of the Obama campaign and likely orchestrated by his cronies.

She will bear watching to see if she receives any favors from anywhere later on. Whatever he is, she was with him for 18 years meaning she agreed enough to stay with him for that long. If she suddenly gets a really good job out of the blue it will always be suspect. If what she said cannot be verified she will have a permanent cloud over her. There are no winners when ex-spouses get to fighting, just like there are no perfect people to run for any office.

I can't help but be suspicious after the way they did the Debate. Stephanopoulos may as well have a giant sign behind his head with an arrow pointing to a brown spot on his nose saying - Obama, Nancy and Harry sat here -

edit on 1/18/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
How much cash do you think
the Obama machine spent on
this one? 15-20 million?

Marianne, people need
to know the truth.
Why are you just now
coming out with this?

Been talking to old GLORIA Alred lately
(huge obama machine tool)

Do I like NEWT no I think he is a jobber,
but these parasites feasting on these
raw story type over dramatic
media ploys set up by the political opps
are going to get caught eating
there own hand..

What new juicy inside scoop of a story is she going to tell us?
Newt use to sword fight with his brothers, he has ED?

Scorned lovers can downright be scary...
I would not believe a thing she says.
edit on 18-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I think this will be the sort of revelation that only the wife, family, and close friends would know.
Like, maybe an abortion of an aide he got pregnant.
Something like that. This wouldn't be anything that would implicate business partners of his, this is personal I think.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

My guess is either cross-dresser or pedophile. One or the other.

Not trying to derail, but Louis Freeh, former director of the FBI that stopped the investigation, is also the man that I believe was connected to the dealings with Santorum's Penn State buddy that got caught soliciting sex from an underage boy in the late 70's.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
reply to post by popsmayhem

I think this will be the sort of revelation that only the wife, family, and close friends would know.
Like, maybe an abortion of an aide he got pregnant.
Something like that. This wouldn't be anything that would implicate business partners of his, this is personal I think.

What ever it is Marianne" did not
come up with this on her own,
and she was already in a place
in her mind the light hit she could
make some cash off this.
This is more then a personal vandetta

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hope she is in good health, and stays that way.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This just in....

ABC News plans to air an interview with the second wife of Republican presidential contender Newt Gingrich on "Nightline" just two days before the GOP's South Carolina primary.

Excerpts from the interview with Marianne Gingrich will be released during the day Thursday, ABC News spokesman Jeffrey Schneider said, ahead of both a Republican candidate debate Thursday evening in Charleston, S.C., and ABC's late-night news program.

hosted.ap.org...

Thursday...or hopefully some one will leak it.

Good bye Newt.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
For all of you who think this is a new revelation or something the Obama campaign cooked up, read the Esquire interview with her that I posted earlier, it dates back to 2010.

www.esquire.com...

There's also the botched arms deal Newt sent her on:
www.dcbureau.org...

She has good reason to believe he should never be president (his own staff called him a sociopath), he's mentally and emotionally unbalanced besides all his other flaws. This isn't about revenge or a 'woman scorned'. It's about who gets to play god with the LAUNCH CODES! Do you trust your life to this man??

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Marcus Bachmann and Newt caught in the hottub together? Perhaps they were massaging away the gay together? Sharing a glass of wine while they pray away their gay feelings?

What could it be?

Maybe Newt ate the Lindbergh baby! Marianne walked in to find Newt with a baby's arm sticking out of his mouth. A bottle of ketchup and a napkin sat nearby as Newt consumed the human flesh. Yeah I can see that.
edit on 19-1-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join