It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Newt Gingrich's campaign is about to implode

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Negative. It was ABC News' story, but they got hijacked by Drudge.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Back to this Jason, is this the first you heard of this investigation?

Or is it old news?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

No, no. It's breaking news right now. The ex did an explosive interview with ABC News that she claims will end his career. We don't know what ABC News has, as their news editors and producers decided to *not* air the interview until after the SC vote this weekend.

And ABC News has nothing on their site, they're leading Gingrich news is this piece: "Newt Gingrich Says He’d Ask Sarah Palin to Take a ‘Major Role’ in His Administration"

Edit: What we do know, is someone on the inside at ABC News or his ex-wife went to Matt Drudge and dropped the bomb. If Drudge gets all the facts, he'll scoop ABC News on their own story.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Did anyone notice that at the top of the page in tiny print it says:

Advertisement

drudgereport.com...

What exactly does this mean for the veracity of the report?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

I think Newt is about to loose the game.

He should have played by the rules

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hmm, Drudge's site has a lot of exposure. Over 31 million views in the last 24 hours, according to the counter.

The story is in blazing red letters at the top of the page. I don't think the Newt will be able to get this swept under the rug. I'm hoping he may drop out soon?

Or does he have enough of a conscience to do that??

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

He's legit source, the ads pay him to operate. In his hay-day he was breaking news faster than anyone - he single handily led the initial assault on Clinton in the Lewinsky affair. He's gone a bit too far right for my tastes, but he's highly credible.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
here is another,

MARIANNE GINGRICH HAS SOMETHING TO SAY.

www.washingtonmonthly.com...

All I am finding is old news, I hope this isn't just a rehash of stuff we already knew.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
interesting how she is giving newt enough time to wire her some hush cash......

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Jason88

Since the claws are coming out, I'd love to know what she has on him that will end his GOP campaign instantly - it's got to be bad. Real bad. Especially if you consider all of his ex's must have been paid off to shut up, she's got to have a sharp axe to grind.

you think it is this?
www.therightperspective.org...

Holy Crap! This explains a lot!

Bennett’s associate who had the in with Mrs. Gingrich had worked with her at the the Israeli Export Development Corporation (IEDC), a front for a group of Jewish billionaires here to promote Israeli exports into the United States. Behind IEDC were such big names as Larry Silverstein, owner of the World Trade Center at the time of the 9/11 attacks, Sy Sims of the clothing chain, and Lawrence Tish, controller of the CBS media empire. Marianne Gingrich worked as a pitch woman for the organization.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

Since the claws are coming out, I'd love to know what she has on him that will end his GOP campaign instantly - it's got to be bad. Real bad. Especially if you consider all of his ex's must have been paid off to shut up, she's got to have a sharp axe to grind.

you think it is this?
www.therightperspective.org...

I still cannot access this site, anyone wanna tell me the name of the CBS reporter?

Did you guys hear about this?
edit on 063131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I have definitely heard of the Drudge Report. I have just never heard of an advertisement being used as a credible news story. Why put "advertisement" up there in tiny print?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Advertisement is referring to the Glen Beck ad right next to it!!

Sheeesh.....)slap's head)!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

Is this the first you heard of this, I don't remember hearing about it, but I haven't been keeping up with the political forum.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

We don't know the reporter yet at ABC News, or the producers. It's likely not old news since Drudge ran with the breaking news angle, that and ABC News has so far said nothing. It could be more information from this Iraq-weapons thing, or something new. But, as of now, it's breaking news and ABC News has not responded to the charge... I'll check their Twitter feed.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

explains a lot indeed,

Behind IEDC were such big names as Larry Silverstein, owner of the World Trade Center at the time of the 9/11 attacks, Sy Sims of the clothing chain, and Lawrence Tish, controller of the CBS media empire.

I got cold chills

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
reply to post by tvtexan

That was awesome!

Love your Sig & Avatar!

BTW, is it me, or does Newt's paramour turned third wife look like a freaking alien?

They are the same!

It's kinda scary!

link   

OH lordy this could get ugly, I can hardly wait,

The suspense is killing me.

That's why they would do something as insane and unethical as airing an interview with an angry ex-wife.

Let's hope they have independent confirmation and they don't air anything irrelevant to the campaign. But then ABC does seem to be part of the Obama campaign of late. Shame they went into a Party hip pocket like the others. Nancy and Harry will call and tell them what to air I'm sure

link   

Originally posted by freedom12

Advertisement is referring to the Glen Beck ad right next to it!!

Sheeesh.....)slap's head)!!

Sheeesh. Did you click on the link. There is no Glen Beck ad in my link. Just the Report and the tiny word advertisement at the top.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
ABC is probably holding back on airing this because should Newt Gingrich win South Carolina there is a possibility he could win the nomination. If he won the nomination, seeing as how ABC is virtually Obama's network, they would air it during the general election campaign and demolish the GOP ticket. Unethical? Yes but very sneaky, I like it.

edit on 1/18/2012 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join