It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Science 13_2 Crystals & how to use them

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The thread title is misleading.

Where is the scientific aspect of this?

I would like to see some of the Scientific Method in place here, because none of this has worked for me, and I want to know exactly what I am doing wrong.

What is the methodology used to gain the beneficial results, and is this a repeatable process?
edit on 22-1-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

I would like to see some of the Scientific Method in place here, because none of this has worked for me, and I want to know exactly what I am doing wrong.

What is the methodology used to gain the beneficial results, and is this a repeatable process?

I know this is a long read but please stick through with it and tell me what you think xD

A part of me agrees with you, on believing this doesn't work but I guess I put blind faith into it. A part of me wants something to believe in, considering I'm agnostic with no real belief but only an idea. So sadly my blind faith is focused only on things I want to believe is real. The 2nd thing is this; if it WAS scientifically proven to work, do you think they would let you know about this? Answer me this, how many things have been scientifically proven to benefit you that you know about. Now I'm not talking about things you ingest, but outside things. I honestly can't think of any.. but I damn sure can tell you how many things have been scientifically proven to hurt me. A part of me believes what you are told is only that because they only want you to see the bad things and never find hope in something ie crystals. The reason I keep an amethyst though isn't really for any special effects but only my own reasoning. I dedicated it in my mind to reminding myself of the things I'm happy for. Every morning when I put it in my pocket I tell myself what I am happy for (in my mind) and every night I take it out and do the same. The reason why I do this is if I have a bad day, I simply look at the rock and am reminded of the things. Usually my day gets better after this because I am no longer sad nor mad.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi

Originally posted by Furbs

I know this is a long read but please stick through with it and tell me what you think xD

A part of me agrees with you, on believing this doesn't work but I guess I put blind faith into it. A part of me wants something to believe in, considering I'm agnostic with no real belief but only an idea. So sadly my blind faith is focused only on things I want to believe is real.

I will not comment on this, as it is not my place to do so.

The 2nd thing is this; if it WAS scientifically proven to work, do you think they would let you know about this?
(bolding mine)

Who is 'they'? The OP of this thread? The person that made the video? The government? I'm not sure if you know what the Scientific Method entails. It isn't a matter of someone simply saying, 'This is scientifically proven!' and then me having to take his word for it, like the Faithful say when discussing deities. No, the Scientific Method is pretty much the one thing that allows me to corroborate wild claims made by others.

Someone posts their methodology and then I can repeat it and get the same results. You do not need to have special training or schooling to follow the scientific method other than understanding what it is. Heck, people have been using it for at least 1000 years.

Answer me this, how many things have been scientifically proven to benefit you that you know about. Now I'm not talking about things you ingest, but outside things. I honestly can't think of any.. but I damn sure can tell you how many things have been scientifically proven to hurt me.

The idea that I am not naked living in a cave disproves your assumption. The idea that you and I are communicating via technology developed by scientifically verifiable research also disproves your assertion that science is hidden.

A part of me believes what you are told is only that because they only want you to see the bad things and never find hope in something ie crystals.

Again, who is the 'they' you are talking about? In this instance it is certainly not the OP or the Youtube Video Maker, as they ARE telling me about crystals. The Government doesn't come into play, because the government isn't making any assertions about Crystals.

Actually.. no one here is saying crystals do no work.. I am merely asking the people that say that they DO work to show me how so that I can repeat the experience. I would not be asking this if the word SCIENCE (which has a standard that I already covered) in the title.

The reason I keep an amethyst though isn't really for any special effects but only my own reasoning. I dedicated it in my mind to reminding myself of the things I'm happy for. Every morning when I put it in my pocket I tell myself what I am happy for (in my mind) and every night I take it out and do the same. The reason why I do this is if I have a bad day, I simply look at the rock and am reminded of the things. Usually my day gets better after this because I am no longer sad nor mad.

Do you believe that the Amethyst is helping you, or do you believe that a substitute would work in it's place? Say a coin or some other small object. My guess is that you would not notice the benefit unless you BELIEVED it would work, which is a scientifically researched phenomenon called Psychosomatic Effect.

To answer your overall question, I would say that it is the responsibility of the person making scientific claims to back them up with repeatable experiments with verifiable results.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

When I say "they" I meant TPTB pretty much, I am kinda paranoid with them at times

Well particularly it could be anything
. To me it seems to be whatever you want it to be. After a while you start recognizing it as that. See I also have a lucky dollar, I've had this same one for about 2 years actually. What the lucky dollar is, is a dollar someone erased ol Mr George Washington and drew a design and colored the rest of the dollar. Me and my group of friends made these for each other before we all moved away from a certain place temporarily (we traveled) So we all made each other a lucky dollar just because honestly we didn't know when the next time we would see each other. I have seemed to be pretty lucky? Considering I'm still alive and have found my girl, I've learned a lot, and flat out had some very life changing moments since I got it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join