It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

It is great being British

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have to admit I am proud of my nation, such a tiny Island in the grand scheme of things yet we have been centeral to the development of mankind today. I am not saying other nations should not be proud of what they have done but there are so many British greats that there are too many to list and what makes me most proud is the way Britain will stand up for what it and its people believe, for example when we stood up to the germans in WW2 everybody thought we were toast and we did it without the support of America origianally.

It makes me happy to think that people appreciate the English manner and politeness and everything that we stand for in demcracy and for the good of people we hope to help and touch. The only nation in the entire world to give 0.7% GDP to developing countries.

I am so proud, long live the Queen and her people.




posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   




Sorry I couldn't help it.


edit on 18-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l
 


I appreciate that you love your country, as I love mine (America).

And Great Britain has done many great things and they have also done many evil things.

America, has also been great and evil.

I love the politeness of the British, but I abhor the utter arrogance of the British.

I love the freedom of American, but I abhor the utter apathy of its citizens.

Yes, we must love our countries, but we must work to make them better.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l
 



centeral to the development of mankind today.

So you will take the bad with the good, no?

Seriously though, good for you, don't hear of Britain pride that often.
It appears many prominent scientists came from your country, I did not know.
And of course there are the Beatles and Pink Floyd!


Peace,
spec



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Good points, America is something to be proud of too. Currently I don't think any country is worth much.

30 years from now things will either be really bad or really good.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm sure Australia didn't think the same when Britain screwed us over, numerous times, forcing us to turn to America.
edit on 18-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Britain has done many bad things, that I do not deny. However I would like to believe that we have done more posative than bad and I am proud profoundly of the scientific value we have added to humanity.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Cant wait for Thatcher to die.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yeah, having a queen that picks her nose.

Ugly women.

And talking funny.




No thanks!



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
Yeah, having a queen that picks her nose.

Ugly women.

And talking funny.




No thanks!


With all due respect I doubt you have ever visited these shores. Each to their own but I am allowed to be proud of what we have acheived.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l
 


Be proud, you have every reason to be.

I was only joking in my previous post, as I'm sure all the negative posts are also jokes.

Your probably getting flamed a little because you put this in the rant section.

The British are a proud and noble people, all the international rivalry is just jokes IMO. Some people take all this nationalism seriously but I judge people by their actions, not their heritage.

Some of the nicest people I have ever met were from England.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I have always wanted to visit Britain, but the chore of learning a new language just to communicate with people sounds extremely daunting! Like when I tried to learn Australian. Very difficult. The thing I probably like most about the country is the history.

There cannot be too many spots in the entire country that do not have some interesting history behind them. Like our land here in Tx, I know that no one has ever lived on it, unless it was before Europeans arrived, but in Britain, I always thought it would hard to find a place like that.

Is this true? I'm sure there are some places that are uninhabitable, but things could have happened there centuries ago, even if it isn't known today. Remember the large cache of Saxon gold that was found not too long ago? Stuff like that is neat as well.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I have to admit I am proud of my nation, such a tiny Island in the grand scheme of things yet we have been centeral to the development of mankind today. I am not saying other nations should not be proud of what they have done but there are so many British greats that there are too many to list and what makes me most proud is the way Britain will stand up for what it and its people believe, for example when we stood up to the germans in WW2 everybody thought we were toast and we did it without the support of America origianally.

It makes me happy to think that people appreciate the English manner and politeness and everything that we stand for in demcracy and for the good of people we hope to help and touch. The only nation in the entire world to give 0.7% GDP to developing countries.

I am so proud, long live the Queen and her people.


Is that why youre letting Islam and sharia steal your country out from under you? Seems like you fail in that regard when it comes to standing up for what you believe in. From my PoV it seems to me like youre people dropped their balls and can't seem to find them. You make it sound like you had a choice in standing up to Germany, the only option you folks had was fight or get baked in Hitlers industrial sized pizza ovens.

If America and Russia hadn't gotten involved you would have been toast. We pounded Japan into submission with MacArthur and his Pacific fleet and they were ready to surrender even before we dropped little boy on them.

This is also the same nation that has a contingency plan to steal other europeans money when the E.U. goes belly up so that Great Brittain comes out on top while the rest of europe goes down in flames. Got alot to be proud of don't ya?

edit on 18-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


I would invite practitioners of Sharia over for dinner before I invite Mormons from Little Rock.

Just saying.


edit on 18-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: Geography mix up



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

We pounded Japan into submission with MacArthur and his pacific fleet


Um, you mean Australia's and New Zealands fleet don't you. Australia and NZ provided most of the ships to the USA during WW2 in the Pacific.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


I would invite practitioners of Sharia over for dinner before I invite Mormons from Little Rock.

Just saying.


edit on 18-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: Geography mix up


Mormons are out in the west and pacific northwest.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

We pounded Japan into submission with MacArthur and his pacific fleet


Um, you mean Australia's and New Zealands fleet don't you. Australia and NZ provided most of the ships to the USA during WW2 in the Pacific.



Yeah and we bought them too so don't act like it was free.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Britain populated a large percentage of your country. I am suprised you are not more supportive.



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Britain populated a large percentage of your country. I am suprised you are not more supportive.

Are you talking to me??? Therefore referencing Australia, or someone else?



posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital
 


Lonewolf



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join