It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3...... I can't wait

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I think I am ready for WW3, yes that sounds crazy but let me explain. In all of my life I have witnessed humanity and its slow degredation to that of an uncaring, unforgiving beast intent on self wealth and preserve. I often find myself asking what caused us to be this way and now I think I am starting to understand. During the world war many people lost their souls and there was much hardship but people used to act with honour, hold doors open, be polite, sacrifice themselves for the good of others. Damn I wish society was like this today and what has tought our race to be as mean as we are? Probably the fact that we feel invinceible.

Bring on WW3 and bring on real honest, polite, kind humans. It is worth the sacrifice.

You ever read a history book? Do you think this day and age is the only time people were mean? Ever hear of the Spanish Inquisition? Ever hear about the Roman Empire? Ever hear about the Peloponeisian War? The Illiad? The Civil War? The Crusades? The French and Indian War? This stuff comes in cycles and everytime the circle comes round it gets worse and worse.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

I think you meant to reply to the other poster because I am saying war isn't a good thing.

I agree with what you say

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I would die tonight

And no one would care, especially you hoping for WW3? You would just be dust in the wind...I don't have remorse for stupidity sorry, just being brutally honest...Hope you can grasp that.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by noshepard

Imagine it coming to your country's soil and your back yard. Imagine half of your house being blown up, losing a leg, and having one of your friend's killed in front of you. Is this what you're excited for? Some people live with this everyday.

Very good reply...........applaud!

No, the OP is probably a very very young immature suburban brat that has no comprehension of what real war entails.................not even worth the space he/she is taking up.

A most immature and stupid post.

War is tragic and if this original poster had, had half his/her family wiped out by war, their home destroyed, maybe they would WTFU.

It's coming America, you in your cushy far away I don't care...........it's coming and when it comes you will learn what to lose everything you hold dear to you is lost forever.

But than it will be too late.

God, so many people on ATS need to grow TFU.
edit on 18-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Why not let an evil race destroy itself. Just sayin.

Who is evil? I am not evil. My friends and loved ones are not evil. I don't know one evil person. Why should an entire race suffer for the actions of a select few. It's really a small group of "evil" doers who are ruining the world compared to the billions of people on it, the ones in control are a small number. Why not just let them destroy themselves?

If such a war happened they would be safe the rest of us who had nothing to do with starting this war would be left screwed defending for ourselves in a war zone...Yea cause that is how I want so spend the rest of my days.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The people in the 40/50/60s were great people. Much can't be said about after those periods.

Yeah great times and great people....WW2...the Korean War...Vietnam,,,beautiful place to live though huh...I guess unless you happened to be in Japan...Europe....Korea...or Vietnam...but great people. Amazing world that has never had peace and never will.
edit on 1/18/2012 by DJMSN because: added quote

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

In all of my life I have witnessed humanity and its slow degredation

You, little boy, have likely not experienced ANYTHING which is even remotely on par what other people might have experienced - let alone what people before our time or in other countries might have experienced.

Have you experienced WWII or WWI?
Have you been in a concentration camp?
Where you a political prisoner in some country jailed because they didn't like your opinion?
Did you fight in Vietnam?
Did you fight in XYZ and barely escaped death?
Have you been hunted, raped etc. in some country because of your race or religion?

LET ME GUESS....you are some whiny teenage boy having everything he needs, sitting in the basement in your parent's house...and complaining how bad everything is and how great WWIII would be.

edit on 18-1-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Like so many others who have posted, I do get the feeling that you are very young. Idealism in the young is not an uncommon thing folks. I dare say we have all gone through something a kin to youthful idealism and zeal, only to have our hopes for a more utopian way of life dashed to bits..... I know I have in the past.

Taking that into consideration, OP, have you ever thought that instead of prescribing war to cure our collective ills, you try advocating and living the change you would like to see in the world? When was the last time you sacrificed a Saturday morning to go pound nails at your local Habitat project? Dish out a hot and hearty meal at your local soup kitchen? See your neighbor going without, leave them an annonymous gift of a box of food on their front porch. Volunteer lately at your local food pantry? When was the last time you held the door open for someone struggling to do so due to age or infirmity? What have YOU done lately to offset the evils you see going on in the world? Am I advocating that getting together, holding hands and singing a rousing rendition of Kumbayah will suddenly make everything rosey? Not at all, but my friend, war will not do it either. The changes you want to see begin with you.
edit on 18-1-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
WWlll will not be like a video game.

There is no re-spawn button.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I am hoping the moderator gives you a thousand stars for your post.

Brilliant, humane and wise reply.

Posts like yours give me hope for humanity.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by noshepard

Another excellent reply...............the mod should also give you a thousand stars.

The original poster is evidently very childish (either in age or mind) and has no idea what living in a worn torn country would be like.

Just another spoiled suburban brat, like in the movie Clueless...............one of the haves that hasn't a clue about what much of the world's inhabitants are going through.

He/she (my guess is a young 13 year old boy) hasn't any idea what it is like to have everything they hold dear to them ripped away and forever changed.

No idea.................no empathy and that is what scares me.

Hope this young person enlists in the Peace Corps or donates some time to helping those in his/her area that are in need of assistance.

But probably, my guess is this person plays endlessly on video games.

If stuck in a alternate reality where he/she shifted to a war torn country this person would be the first to scream "get me outta here!"

Not a clue.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Yeah, I would imagine that our misled friend here would quickly have a change of heart once he witnessed for real another human being brutally killed. Let alone a family member or friend for that matter. The people of Earth need to work together if they wish to save themselves and this planet. There is no other way. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Good reply.

I was in nursing many decades ago in a inner city hospital.

Saw death up close and personal many times............but always in a nice sterile clean civilized hospital setting.

Cannot imagine the horrors of seeing huge numbers of fellow humans and animals simply wiped away like dust in the wind.

Give him/her (probably a him) time and experience.

Ya know, maybe signing up as a hospital CNA wouldn't be a bad idea..............that's how I started and was assigned ER and morgue duty

Something eerie about putting a body your age, your size in a drawer and closing the drawer.......back then we didn't just roll em on a gurney into one large frig, each person, body, had their own drawer you had to pull out and place the body into. There also were no black body bags, back then you simply cleaned up the waste a human body expels upon death and wrap them in a white sheet and roll them to the morgue.

And this was again a clean, civilized, quiet hospital setting.

I had a couple gun shots, a couple stabbings (mega blood)................a couple children.

It was when I had a four year old girl die on me that I quit. Could not take the emotional hurt of losing such a sweet little one.

She would be 42 next month had she lived.

Never got over that and she had a peaceful death.

Clueless.............absolutely clueless.

Again, with death - there is no reset button.

I am reminded of those helicopter pilots that Bradley Manning turned in, the young kids in the military that were raised on video shoot em up games...................no empathy and that is scary.

We are raising a whole generation of zombies.

No heart, no emotions, no charity.............not all, most kids are decent but enough of them that makes one wonder where humanity is headed.

If this kid reads this.........put down the Xbox and start reading. Exercise your gray matter vs your fingers.

Get out in the world and make it better for you having been here not worse.

And please don't wish for death and destruction...................there is enough already.
edit on 18-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
We have been in ww3 for over 10 years now. Haven't you been paying attention? Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Afghanistan, etc. It's slow, but it's going on. Wake up and smell the tyranny.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Had to star you for that one, good post as well. So you understand a little about death. That's just it though, people who have never been around it don't understand. Those are the folks who champion it all the time. The sound of another human being dying is something that one will never forget, and if they are sane, they will never wish to see or hear again. When someone witnesses grown Men puke and crumble to the ground begging to go home because of what they did, seen or even heard, it does the same exact thing to them as well. It's all nothing more than media fabricated glory. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

Yep, but only the pretexts to World War 3. What is likely coming is gonna truly effect most of the World, not just the Middle East. The true World War 3 has yet to have begun. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by michlael1983l

Wow you're showing your true colours around here, mate. First it was the bigotry and racism towards the peope of Scotland in my thread earlier and now this. You seriously need to get a grip, pal. What a dumb thing to say. God have mercy on your soul if WW3 ever happens.
edit on 19-1-2012 by HallamFoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

SOCIETY was more polite back then, it wasn't CAUSED by the war. And how is society today? Dog eat dog? (in some places at least). Selfishness and greed? So what will life be like during a major war under current circumstances? You can't wait? Hmmmmm

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Because World War Three is such a good idea? You sir have left me speechless.

You obviously have a problem with English comprehension. I did not agree with the OP in any way and offer no opinion on that subject! How dare you try to put words in my mouth. Despicable!
edit on 19-1-2012 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Bring on WW3 and bring on real honest, polite, kind humans. It is worth the sacrifice.

How about we change that to bring on real honest, polite, kind diplomacy? My dad was in WW2 and said war is hell.
Don't mean to be critical, but sure hope you never run a country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join