It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Global Sky Sounds Plotted on Map. Possible Answer??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

I've listened to many of these recordings too, as I find the whole subject weirdly fascinating. However, as a professional musician of 25 years experience working for many of them them at the top, I can say with 99% certainty that most of them are created using a good analogue synthesizer. I could even hazard a guess as to which model was actually used to create the sounds. Alesis made some pretty amazing synths in the late 80's-early 90's that are more than capable of reproducing all the sounds heard on these recordings. In fact, to my ears, many of them are obviously made on a good analogue synth. I actually recognize many of the samples as ones I've used myself in the past for recording projects!

The next questions are: Who, Why and How?

Here's a few suggestions:

Who stands to gain from such a hoax? Two candidates spring to mind for me. Fundamental Christian extremists have been clamoring for Armageddon for decades. They actually believe that if they can bring on Armageddon they will in fact bring about the Second Coming of Christ!! (Strange and scary to say the least.). It would be a simple matter to create these sounds with a good synth and a computer DAW (Digital Audio Workstation - any reasonably good computer), upload the audio files to your followers around the world with instructions for them to simply "film the sky around their home and add the audio file to the video" - a simple operation with something like Windows Movie Maker. Then upload the creation to Youtube in order to basically freak out millions of people, and convince them the "End Is Nigh". Simple.

Candidate 2:

I've seen various threads on ATS in recent years about the ability to project massive moving images onto cloud formations in the sky - creating the illusion that some sort of religious miracle is occurring. Is there a technology available that is capable of doing a similar job with audio? HARP? Who knows, but I'm sure it's possible if the tech exists for billboards in New York to actually whisper their messages into your ear! If people actually ARE hearing these sounds, perhaps we should look in this direction? But who would stand to gain exactly? Governments? Big Business? Church groups? Some sort of shady underground organization?

Time will tell I guess, but it certainly reeks of a massive hoax of some sort to me.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Today february 10th in Mexico City at 22:35 it sounds like a really big airplane, i was at kitchen making some popcorn,, when i heard it i ran to the street but i cant saw anything, in fact no one can saw anything cause the people that was in the street looked to the sky too and nobody can saw anything...unfortunately i had not my cell phone with me so i cant recorded that..im reaaly scared, what it could be??? it's the first time i can hear it any idea so far??

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I heard a really odd "whooshing" sound like a plane taking off and hovering low in the skies of SE London near Crystal Palace twice again tonight. I often hear these sounds that last 10- 30 seconds, sometimes longer and they cal also sound like an engine running or a rumbling noise.

What is it? It is certainly not a plane as its stops and starts very abruptly with a "whoosh"!

Any other stories like this from SE London?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join