It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Global Sky Sounds Plotted on Map. Possible Answer??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Well done ! S&F

Best I've heard on the subject and I've been following story
for a while now. Their will be many who say hoax to all,
but I'm with you, the consistencies of the recordings
over years, and them sounding like the NASA
released planet sounds somewhat, rang true with me.

It's definitely had my attention over the last couple years.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Maybe Inner Earth?, Maybe Mercury?, Maybe Jupiter?

What if the sound is coming from Uranus?
I personally feel like this is a more likely scenario.

I will add links and pics later.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zyrktec
i was wondering if anyone had audio equipment that can take the recording and slow it down, speed it up, and reverse the sound and see if there is any thing being sent in the sound waves as well. message layering is the term i guess??

Ive thought the same thing actually. Would love to be able to play around with the sounds to see if on any level they can be made to make some kind of sense?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Consider this for a moment.
If all plants have their own sound (or music). And now we are suddenly hearing something eerily similiar. Then perhaps the story of 'planet x' or 'nibiru' are true, and the planet is beyond our ability to see, but singing to us from the sky.

Just a thought, seemed like it would make sense.
Global spiritual awakening is always a thumbs up in my books, i'de prefer it.

The problem that I can see with a planet theory is that most of the time these sounds are heard only in a specific location. A mile or less either way, and some are reporting not being able to hear the sound. You would think that if it was a planet, that the area of noise would be more. I would also think that if it was an approaching planet the noise would eventually become constant and remain. I know that someone once mapped out the location where certain member were getting anomalous compass readings. I don't know if anyone has tried mapping these sounds. Even if you considered that a large number were faked, it would still be something interesting to look at. Some color code for possible fake.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Your mapping is a great idea.

I think you should keep adding to this map any other discovered sites, and I think you should change your dots of each site so that the ring color would match a certain year and the center dot would mark the month; that way people could see if the newer occurrences are striking more in a particular region or not. Your mapping is excellent though, and your idea is great.

By looking at your map as a scientist, I see something that many of you probably don't see. I see that most of the spots are basically equally clustered in two groups; one group on the east side of the Atlantic and the other group on the west side of the Atlantic Ocean with the Mid-Atlantic Ridge right in between the two groups.

I think the Mid-Atlantic Ridge might be getting ready to do something right between the two groups that will effect both grouped areas. Both grouped areas are of the same age and origin and have moved outward from the Mid-Atlantic Ridge at the same basic speed of your fingernail growth, two inches a year.

Lots of things groan and make noises when they are under abnormal stress. A submarine that is too deep makes terrible moans and groans with too much pressure. Even your stomach makes terrible moans and groans when it has too much pressure or too little pressure. The earth must be having pressure problems in those locations in order to make such sounds.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I made a post earlier on a different "sound" thread. Didn't seem to get noticed so maybe it is nothing, but
I was wondering if it might coincide with CME's. We have been grazed a couple of times the last two weeks with decent sized CME's and the recordings have also increase the last couple of weeks?

That would go along with the magnetic theory.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Time to update the map -

This new member just popped up with a 'Strange Sounds' thread for introduction:

Harvey Bay Australia

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Just wanted to add two interesting theories posted here on ATs which could be other possible explanations of the sound:

Viral Marketing Gaming Campaign theory (Mass Effect 3 game?)

Solar System Travelling Through Magnetic Cloud theory

I must admit, as a huge fan of the Mass Effect series, i think if this is any kind of viral marketing, then suggesting it is for Mass Effect 3's release makes alot of sense. In this game, Earth is attacked by these gigantic in-organic beings that sound somewhat like the sound we hare hearing.

I also like the theory that the sounds are a result of the Earth moving through a dense of pocket of electro-magnetic energy. This energy cloud does indeed exist and we are moving through it. Perhaps the sounds are the Earth's interactions with this energy?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
reply to post by srsen

Your mapping is a great idea.

I think you should keep adding to this map any other discovered sites, and I think you should change your dots of each site so that the ring color would match a certain year and the center dot would mark the month; that way people could see if the newer occurrences are striking more in a particular region or not. Your mapping is excellent though, and your idea is great.

By looking at your map as a scientist, I see something that many of you probably don't see. I see that most of the spots are basically equally clustered in two groups; one group on the east side of the Atlantic and the other group on the west side of the Atlantic Ocean with the Mid-Atlantic Ridge right in between the two groups.

I think the Mid-Atlantic Ridge might be getting ready to do something right between the two groups that will effect both grouped areas. Both grouped areas are of the same age and origin and have moved outward from the Mid-Atlantic Ridge at the same basic speed of your fingernail growth, two inches a year.

Lots of things groan and make noises when they are under abnormal stress. A submarine that is too deep makes terrible moans and groans with too much pressure. Even your stomach makes terrible moans and groans when it has too much pressure or too little pressure. The earth must be having pressure problems in those locations in order to make such sounds.

Great pick-up! i noticed the samething but thought i was reading too much into it lol.

But yes, the majority seem to be near the mid-Atlantic Ridge - very interesting. That's the beauty of mapping it out, new thoughts and possibilities are born.

My only problem with this theory is that the Mid-Atlantic Ridge has been moving/growing consistently since forever. So why the sudden increase in frequency if this is the cause?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Digital, when did you begin hearing it? I also read another post from another? ATSer that they began hearing it approx 3 years ago. So that blows the cave timing theory a bit. Still, we're all searchers of the truth so I am keeping an open mind.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
As per RussianScientists suggestion, I have colour-coded the events.

Though i must admit, i saw no reason to colour-code the months from last year, there is no real pattern. Plus, to be honest, dunno if i can be bothered doing it all when, in the end, it would just become a wash of different coloured spots. So instead i simply coloured the events from 2012 in black.

Annoyingly, i just passed the window to edit the OP so the new map went in this post instead.

Interesting things i notice:
- The grouping of 3 events on the US West Coast (possibly referring to the same event?)
- A possible triangulation of an event in the Pacific. Could the three events reported recently be describing the very same sound/event?

If you look at the energy grid pic i posted on page 1, you can see that the Pacific events all seem to correlate with energy grids points. I wonder....

One statistic i can give too:

I found a quick youtube and ATS search turned up 14 strange sound events from 2011, so far in 2012 we've seen 8 events.

From this stat i conclude three things:

1) I'm sure there are more events than i'm counting;
2) The increase is either due to:
- increased internet interest resulting in more cases/hoaxes; or
- a genuine increase in frequency of the phennomena.
edit on 18-1-2012 by srsen because: -

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
your map is flawed substantially, some of the earliest reports of this sound came from africa, south carolina, india, and the u.s. midwest, non of which are plotted on your map. research a little more first, people might believe in half facts and full rubbish

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It's amazing how people on here criticize the "sheeple", but you are all cattle yourselves.

All you have to do is watch the "US" portion of the sounds video posted by the OP. In the portion where the guy is driving and recording these sounds, all you need to do is watch the road in front of him and anticipate where the sound will stop and where it will start based on the surface of the road.
It's the damned tires on the road making the noise...nothing supernatural or out of the ordinary!

The fact that I can pick that up in one viewing, yet I see no one else on here mentioning it only enforces the whole "group think" thing. Someone claims they hear a mysterious noise, then other start hearing a mysterious noise too. Suddenly, it's a worldwide pandemic, yet no one is actually taking the time to look carefully and think rationally.

This site really is a joke. I used to come here for some "alternative news", but now it's just a bunch of agoraphobes creating their own little mystical world.

Really disappointing.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DOcean

People are over paranoid this year. Theirs probably going to be something new buzzing around along with these sounds by the time dec 2012 comes around, about a "mother ship" or "planet x" People are tryin way too hard to proove their fairy tales..... But if planet X does approach and we do get blasted by a mother ship best believe ill be on my badass unicorn heading to bigfoots underground compound.... since it all does exists ...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
My experience was deeply spiritual, however not in a positive sense....anyways from this site: www.spiritsound.com... Seeking the unstruck sound

Ancient teachings and modern science agree: you, I, all living things, all things in existence are made up at their most essential level of vibrating, pulsing energy.

For millennia, mystics have recounted their experience of this energy, which is said to manifest in our hearing awareness as a humming vibration around and within everything else.

In the Sanskrit tradition, this sound is called "Anahata Nada," the "Unstruck Sound." Literally, this means "the sound that is not made by two things striking together." The point of this particular distinction is that all ordinary audible sounds are made by at least two elements: bow and string; drum and stick; two vocal cords; two lips against the mouthpiece of the trumpet; the double reed of the oboe; waves against the shore; wind against the leaves. All sounds within our range of hearing are created by things visible or invisible, striking each other or
vibrating together, creating pulsing waves of air molecules which our ears and brain interpret as sound.

So, sound that is not made of two things striking together is the sound of primal energy, the sound of the universe itself. Joseph Campbell likens this unstruck vibration to the humming of an electrical transformer, or the (to our ears) unheard hummings of atoms and molecules.

And the ancients say that the audible sound which most resembles this unstruck sound is the syllable OM. Tradition has it that this ancient mantra is composed of four elements: the first three are vocal sounds: A, U, and M. The fourth sound, unheard, is the silence which begins and ends the audible sound, the silence which surrounds it.

There are several traditional and allegorical interpretations of this ancient sound.

www.meditationiseasy.com...
www.yogananda.com.au...

Everything in the Universe vibrates, from the smallest particle, to the planets in our solar system, to the billions of stars in the Milky Way Galaxy, creating patterns of geometric waveforms, frequencies, musical intervals, and sounds. In Western Culture, The Music of the Spheres, or the concept of these heavenly harmonies can be traced back to 6th century BCE and Pythagoras, who recognized that sounds are subject to mathematical laws and proportions, and were the very foundation of the Universe. In the Eastern Tradition the idea that sound is the generator of the universe, may date back even further this belief is found in ancient texts from China and is fundamental to the Vedas and Hindus.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

now thats interesting
either the platonic solid of earth, as you showed,
or perhaps this -

www.wholisticworldvision.org...

n-zealand.. kiev.. (though the area of kiev - not necesasirly only that infamous vid) ,
costa rica..arkansas.. scotland.. malaysia..

these points seem to 'draw ' energy from outside into earth

www.feandft.com...

definately worth pondering

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Since I have began watcing these videos and listening to what the people are saying about the sounds, I have believed that these sounds are the Earth. Either we are entering the 4th dimension (which I have heard was why the Mayan calender ends this year) or it's the Earth finally telling us we've gone too far. Regardless, I do believe it is the Earth making these sounds, I won't tell anyone my belief because I will be laughed at, but the Earth is a living entity as are the other planets and it does have a voice.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't know if this has already been posted (I should think so) anyways it's a video made by "howstuffworks" about a sound, the video dates back to 23 march 2010 (befor the sound where frequently heard)

www.youtube.com...

A short summary of the vid :

The sound (that the video calls "the hum") started to intrigue people when they noticed in the 70's that a low frequency hum could be heard when in very silent places.
The hum gained publicity in the 90's when it was heard and felt by many in new mexico, even with headphones on.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
This is an interesting theory, is it possible to compare these sounds to the NASA sound compilations from each planet, our moon and the sun. Also there have been a lot of similar recordings made from deep boreholes in the earth. If this is a sound from the sky, is it the sounds of our earth or another planet being sent back to us in an attempt at communication? Or is it the sounds of earth beginning a pole shift?
edit on 24-1-2012 by sharyn because: Did not put a signature

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I have been trying to figure out where I have heard that sound before. So I started digging, it sounds alot like the battle horn sound. I have a good example, pay close attention to about 23 seconds in...
www.youtube.com...

Which sounds alot like the shofar horn as well, listen around 18 seconds in....
www.youtube.com...

And then I found this..........
www.youtube.com...

Not sure if this has been posted yet.........

PLPL

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join