It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish researchers have discovered a mysterious creature that is neither animal or plant.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This reminds me of discussions here on ATS where they stated that the Grey aliens are essentially part plant, as they do not eat but instead get their nourishment from a special light that bathes them on their ships and keeps them healthy.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Would love to have that in fish tank as people would wonder, why is the tank empty and i would simply sit back and wonder at their blank empty faces.. That is what a Kodak moment is all about...oh yes before i forget Kodak filed for chapter 11.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Great find!

But, seeing as everything used to be bigger, it would be interesting if paleontologists/archeologists found a fossil of this from way back when and discovered that it used to be the size of an elephant. I can easily see how this life form would be able to adjust itself to survive. Just as alligators, redwood trees, shrews, etc. are still around, maybe this has also been around longer than we think.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Isn't fungi on a class on it's own as well? I know it isn't classified in the plant kingdom. Any mycellum experts here?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Is it a newt lol

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Agreed wont start but come on what kind of life is it to be a vegan(a)... : ) j/k no red meat, no fish, I can already feel my bones breaking and my stomach growling...

Seriously though, I have a friend that supplements his vegan diet to keep his bones and limbs strong, he told me when he did not do this that he became quite weak and used to fracture bones and get hurt a lot...

but damn he had some smokin hot vegan female friends...

they are like a cult (in a good way)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Maybe these creatures will evolve and take over the planet, becoming a race that respects its world more than we do. If it did happen, I wouldn't be the least bit upset.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0351

I saw something interesting on the Web once...it said, "If vegans care so much for animals, why are they eating all of their [the animals'] food?"

I laughed. I couldn't help it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I bet congress will pass a bill declaring it a vegetable.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hello!

The Japanese discovered this over a decade ago.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

It most closely resembles a vegetable-based turtle, which means that it is neither animal nor plant. It comes from a race known as simply...awesomeness.

Because it is turtle.

Btw, completely useless answer to completely useless post. That's why.

On to more important matters...if they found this is the water, imagine what else is lurking down there? And also, this is proof that DNA is not completely restrictive. DNA can be contradictory...so no more excuses!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

Is there going to be a new "Plantimal' classification now?

wait, doesn't most fast food already fit in that category?

Yeah! Lets start a new kingdom Plantimalia. We've already got these guys, Mesodinium Chamaeleon, and Pepperoni Pizza to put in the new category.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wow this is really cool this could be our future great great great ......ancestors

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yeah but half human, half reptilian beings are still completley beyond the realm of possability right?

Even though we can right now create plant/animal hybrids through gene splicing, theres no possable way that a more advanced humanoid species could have created us in much the same manner?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Thanks Kent!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

*nor.

Sorry, grammar nazi in me.

On topic:

reminds me of these guys:

skip to 11:30, especially 13:20. Hell watch it all.

edit on 19-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'd like to breed a dog with this thing so I can have a pooch that suns itself on the porch all day and I can save a lot of money on dog food.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Makes me think of some of the Morgellons theories. Interesting! There's probably lots more things like this than we could imagine.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
Isn't fungi on a class on it's own as well? I know it isn't classified in the plant kingdom. Any mycellum experts here?

Fungi are a separate kingdom. There are five kingdoms of living things: Monera Kingdom, the Protist Kingdom, the Fungi Kingdom, the Plant Kingdom, and the Animal Kingdom. It's too complex for Monera, and too many cells (I think) for Protist. Will they start a new kingdom? That's a pretty difficult decision -- they first have to find out exactly where it fits in the web of life.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Nice, i live in Helsingør, which is a town not far from Nivå, where this plant/animal were found.

Pretty cool stuff...I knew there would come something positive out of taking a dumb in Nivå Harbor
(Just kidding)
edit on 19-1-2012 by JokerzReality because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join