It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study proves 95% of people really are sheeple

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Study shows that 90% of facts from such studies are 17.8% reliable 8.293% of the time...

edit on 18/1/12 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Baaaaaaaaa

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'd like to see the actual study considering that Natural News has a tendency to blow things way out of proportion and outright lie. I will agree that a large number of people are followers however. Just look at ATS as an example. The number of people on here that do independent research is in the minority. Instead most simply parrot points made by New Age authors and big name conspiracy theorists without actually verifying whether or not the "facts" they are spouting are actually true.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
I'd like to see the actual study considering that Natural News has a tendency to blow things way out of proportion and outright lie. I will agree that a large number of people are followers however. Just look at ATS as an example. The number of people on here that do independent research is in the minority. Instead most simply parrot points made by New Age authors and big name conspiracy theorists without actually verifying whether or not the "facts" they are spouting are actually true.

Sometimes a passionate poster will tend to make a mountain out of a mole hill and then another ungenerous soul will will stomp it flat - I used a dangerous word there - soul - sorry can't prove it because proof is earned by self effort. It is like we are told the Earth is round - I can not prove it unless I take you way up in the sky. Some researchers and authors not of the established mainstream do have very good points to make - some add upon that their own perspective and point of view which is highly debatable- Whilst others just accept to get along wearing dead mens shoes parroting what others of "Authority" say is so - They tend to get good grades in school.
Some people just have anger and other issues - All these people - All these ideas - How marvelous

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It is true that most sheep will follow the flock if there is no other reputable authority. Some, however, are waking up to this reality and now refusing to just go along, and so now the wolf has realized it is more effective to dress in shepherd's clothing.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I couldn't follow any of that. Am I the new hope?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_
reply to post by Common Good

Cat rilly xplane dat.

Star 4u proper u's of kitteh.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Believing what this article says actually jacks that 95% up to 99% of people being sheeple.

Goal oriented is ego based---What do I want?..me me me me. Where do "I' want to be in 5 years? How am i gonna get what i want?

Remember all that occupy wall street stuff 99% vs the 1%????. These 99% (the ones thinking they are standing up) are playing into the hands of the 1%.

Fortunately there are people like myself (part of the 000000000001%) that really stand out...Most of the time hated ,called names. funned at, or totally ignored by the 99% and the 1%.
We generally dont fit anywhere and our mental health is always called into question by the 99% and the 1%..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I dont need a study for this FACT...look the number of votes for Romney

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The1Prettiest1One
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I couldn't follow any of that. Am I the new hope?

Bravo! Keep banging that beat of a different drum, but beware those who follow.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
SHEEP are GOOD

Without SHEEP the whole system would fall apart into anarchy...

The Government needs the sheep to pay taxes so they can spend all that money on toys.
The Church has known this for thousands of years because they call their members the flock.

Even Jesus knew this

All about sheep....

Most people ARE sheep... this is the way of things

Then we have the Shepherds.. It is their job to control the Sheep. A good Shepherd must occasionally FLEECE the Sheep and from time to time the Shepherd will have a nice Leg of Mutton or a Lamb Chop

Then we have the Dogs... it is the Dogs job to nip at the feet of the Sheep and keep them in line. That is why Soldiers have Dog Tags and are called Dogs of War

Then you have the Wolves... whose job it is to pray on the Sheep that stray off the path

Then you have the Rams... all they want to do is F... all the Sheep

Then you have the Black Sheep... the ones who are always rebelling against the establishment and THINK they are Shepherds... but in the end they are still just sheep

edit on 18-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

you just blew my mind wise man, well said!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kolder

this is great haha its from naturalnews.com
i've never been a fan of studies because they are a bunch of nonsense anyways ,but this one just made me laugh
"95 % of people are sheeple "hilarious but possibly frighteningly true, there are so many followers out there today
so what are you?
a sheep or a herder ?

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Derren Brown proved it on his show months ago and anyone who's seen people in groups knows it to be true anyway.

Just look at the majority of ATS who turn into sheep pretty readily with their latest following being the Ron Paul stuff (after the OWS stuff and many, many other things before that). You'll find most sheeple are on this forum. That's why I'm proud to be one of the 5% in the study who don't follow the crwod.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Sheeple has been one of my favorite new words..

This put a smile on my face, rare when im looking through ATS, since most everything is so screwed up in the world today.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kolder

reaction to studies shows that 95% of people dont understand what the study really says

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
OMG!!! What a shock... 95% of people are stoopid...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Receptive to social influence to the point of being docile.

Ones own fallible reasoning V.s the accumulated information gleaned from the behaviour of others

It is not without some useful function ........... but it also leaves you standing outside some rest-room door wondering How the hell did I end up here !

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It's surprising that anyone had to do a study to confirm this.

Just go read through a propaganda laden thread on ATS, and watch the herd move.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The American Revolution was carried out by less than 5 percent of the population. The other 95 percent? Yeah, they just wanted to "go with the flow".

Same old story.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think people that call others sheeple are idiots. It's follower behavior and it irritates me beyond belief.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join