It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr.Harper...Get a grip

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I sent this to one of my local newspapers this afternoon, not sure if it will get published, but what the heck. I thought I would post it here as well for any interseted Canadians who feel the same way. Now don't get me wrong I love the American people and vist quite regularly but this has to be said. Thank you for your understanding.

Mr. Harper, get a grip. You say you are a Canadian and yet you continue to suck up to the American war machine. Sure they are our neighbors, and don't take this as an anti-American rant, the American people are great people just a little mis-lead, as we are being now.We need to stand on our own. There are manyother countries willing to buy Canadian products, we don't have to put all our eggs in one basket.

I haven't voted since I was 18, nobody worth voting for in my opinion, although I was seriously considering voting NDP until Mr.Layton's passing. In my opinion, Mr.Trudeau was one of our best prime minesters ever. The man took no crap from anyone and even settled our own "terrorist" crisis with the FLQ. Anyone old enough should remember how he bowed to pressure...he didn't. You want people to get out and vote again? Show me a man worthy of my support and I will be the first one at the voting booth. Come on MR.Harper, take back our country, be the change you want the world to be. Lead by example.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DaarkSyde2012

I have actually been composing a letter for my local newspaper as well. The fact that the Harper government has a majority after being voted out of parliament on a vote of dis-confidence is baffling. Harper on cpac admitted to selling out Canada's sovereignty because the world functions on a global economy now.
I also wrote my local MP about the Bank of Canada Act and it's lack of use which has lead to us paying over a hundred and sixty million dollars a day to interest payments alone. He forwarded it to the "Honorable Jim Flaherty" as he put it and gave Flaherty instructions to contact me directly on the matter. This was in the summer of 2010, still waiting for my response.
Luckily the BoC act may come back to save us as it is currently going through our court system.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
He has no grip on reality,
He is not in touch with Canadians. He is a player in the extortion for gain game.
Bank of canada act won't make it through legal, it will be shut down by -someone-.
Though i would certainly like it to be re-enacted.

We sacrificed printing of our money when we joined the G7. -They- control our money now.

The elite ruling class are now sucking canada dry, seeing as how america is on the edge of the cliff.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DaarkSyde2012

"be the change he wants the country to be" ?
..dear lord please no.. haven't you figured out his picture of Canada?
it's one with barren landscapes after raping their commodities, and many full jails of people who don't share his vision.
he wants to do what (sorry my american friends) the american governments have been doing (and failing their people at) for decades IMO.

edit on 18-1-2012 by TheDude2 because: grammar

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
He needs to loosen his grip. When the Prime Minister's Office(PMO) tells the Ombudsman(the gov't watchdog) that it has to vet what it says through the PMO, that's fascism man. And while I like a lot of what PET did don't think he was respected by all Canadians. The west, with the exception of BC hated Pierre.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
He wants to cater to america (sorry, its true)
He wants to model our country after america.
More jets
More tanks
More ships
More war
More debt
More prisons
Less freedoms
Less rights
Less choice.

How does someone with 39% of the popular vote (if that), get a MAJORITY?!
Our political system seems flawed.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think it's a hoot when small "l" Liberals vent their spleen on these boards.
Get a life, Harper is simply cleaning up decades of Leftist pandering.
BTW, Martin, Chretien and Trudeau spent us unto the deficit we have now.
Conservatives have been elected to fix it.
Get over yourselves already.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynic

Sorry man, that's BS. It wasn't Harper and Flaherty that kept us out of the recent recession. It was Paul Martin's foresight that Harper attempted to take credit for.

I'm already over myself. Let me know when we see any conservatives in Canadian government. What is called "conservative" now is only a backwash of the Reform, Alliance and the defunct Conservative parties.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IronNuts

Thank you for your input. I guess the only way to wake people up is to be the change I want to see as well.Keep up the good fight, we may be able to make the change that is needed.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Somebody has to make a start, we can beat back the wolves if we get together and try and make the changes ourselves. Baby steps, but the time to act is now. People wake up!!! Thank you for your input.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynic
I think it's a hoot when small "l" Liberals vent their spleen on these boards.
Get a life, Harper is simply cleaning up decades of Leftist pandering.

Not liberal. Thankyou very much.
Evidence is there. Find it yourself hoser.

Here's a good start. I do not care which government is in. It doesn't matter when the # that matters is outside of the political system. Harper is a bilderburger. Enough said.
BTW. They were all involved with it. Thats the point.

It's awesome that most canadians don't know we bailed out the bankers too.
edit on 18/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDude2

Perhaps if people had a few more cahoonas, and quit waiting for everyone else to fix things be the first to make a step, take a chance, be positive and spread the positivity. It's never too late. Thank you for your input.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Everybody has their own opinions, and I value that, but, have we had a leader since then who actually stood up to TPTB? Thankm you for your input, and have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

IMO most political systems are flawed, we the people have to be the ones to make our politicians accountable for their actions, remember we are the voters!!. Thank you for your input.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

IMO,Liberals, Conservatives, NDP, they all have their faults. We the people have to be the ones to take the bull by the horns and say, enough is enough. Thank you for your input.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Come on all you Canucks I know you are out there, how about an opinion?. Thank You.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
And now I see Mr. Obama has put the kabosh on the pipeline deal, which in my opinion is a good move all around. It will help save the environment. I had another thought last night, I am not really into politics, but would it be possible to have kind of a coalition government between Mr. Obama and Mr. Paul? I know it is kind of out there but what if???.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaarkSyde2012
I haven't voted since I was 18,

...and that's precisely how you helped to elect Steve. Letter to the paper? You have a weapon even more potent than a free press...you have a ballot. Use it. If you don't, then you, my friend, have absolutely nothing to complain about.
edit on 19-1-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: of a need for good manners. And more coffee.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Who is whining? I am just voicing my opinion as are you. I live from the gut, give it a try, it seems to work for me. Thank you for your input, and have a nice day.!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaarkSyde2012
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Who is whining?

You are right, so I edited my post accordingly. My apologies. I do feel very strongly, though, that if Steve does not express the will of the people...then the people should'a voted. If everyone eligible to vote, did, then the political landscape in this country would look a whole bunch different.

In my humble opinion...not voting is a huge part of the problem.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join