It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, conservative black preacher, says blacks should be 'put on the plantation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
After i read the whole story i pretty much agree with his point of view.IMO he is just5 saying that physical work is healthy.

Peterson explained his plan to The Huffington Post's Black Voices, saying, "one of the things that I would do is take all black people back to the South and put them on the plantation so they would understand the ethic of working. I'm going to put them all on the plantation. They need a good hard education on what it is to work."

www.the... grio.com/politics/rev-jesse-lee-peterson-conservative-black-preacher-says-blacks-should-be-put-on-the-plantation.php

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Trolling, much?

The klan wants you.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I wonder how they were able to interview Newt Gingrich's inner self

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What a crappy thread.

What happened to well thought out posts? Give background, summarize, and state a thought out opinion.

Seriously, what is this one or two sentence crap?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Only someone who was never a slave would think it's OK to be one. This guy is obviously seriously mentally ill.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

plan·ta·tion [plan-tey-shuhn] Show IPA noun 1. a usually large farm or estate, especially in a tropical or semitropical country, on which cotton, tobacco, coffee, sugar cane, or the like is cultivated, usually by resident laborers. 2. a group of planted trees or plants. 3. History/Historical . a. a colony or new settlement. b. the establishment of a colony or new settlement. 4. Archaic . the planting of seeds, young trees, etc.

dictionary.reference.com...
I am not talking about slaves.
Why are you?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by diakrite
Trolling, much?

The klan wants you.

LOL i don't think so.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
What a crappy thread.

What happened to well thought out posts? Give background, summarize, and state a thought out opinion.

Seriously, what is this one or two sentence crap?

I just wanted to show how much racism is found in the way we process information.
It's pretty sad how much people depend on others to form opinions without any substance.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

plan·ta·tion [plan-tey-shuhn] Show IPA noun 1. a usually large farm or estate, especially in a tropical or semitropical country, on which cotton, tobacco, coffee, sugar cane, or the like is cultivated, usually by resident laborers. 2. a group of planted trees or plants. 3. History/Historical . a. a colony or new settlement. b. the establishment of a colony or new settlement. 4. Archaic . the planting of seeds, young trees, etc.

Why are you?

Because the term "plantation" is consistent with the term "forced labor". To me that means a slave.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

We have been conditioned to think in this manner.
The truth is slavery still exist in other forms and has most of america in it's grips.
Now anytime someone hears those words we automatically go into racial mode all the while the deep concerns in our mind is getting more of those cotton credits from the master so we can survive.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
Only someone who was never a slave would think it's OK to be one. This guy is obviously seriously mentally ill.

Yeah my kids think the same about me when I ask them to help with the dishes or clean their rooms, they think I am abnormal asking them to actually do something to help around my house. This current generation of youth are the laziest, self righteous and most useless bunch of kids to inhabit this planet.

Taking skin color out of the argument I think I can understand what the rev. is actually saying without getting up on some high horse crying and screaming racism from the top of my lungs like most will upon reading the Rev claims.

Society today has bred a generation of Kids that are utterly and totally useless and use every excuse under the sun to get out of doing anything that involves having to sweat and toil to earn your keep. No its easier to stick your hand out all the time and blame someone else for your indispositions.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
At this rate, We will all be plantation workers, because work is good for you!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Why are you?

Because the term "plantation" is consistent with the term "forced labor". To me that means a slave.

But it's not. It's not consistent or even synonymous with forced labor.

Did SOME plantations in SOME period in history feature slaves. Sure did. How does that make it consistent though?

"Resident Laborers" aren't slaves. They are the owners of the plantation in most cases.

There is no correlation between slaves and plantation. They have nothing to do with each other. That's like saying there is a correlation between "factory" and "child slaves" but that's simply untrue.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

Yeah my kids think the same about me when I ask them to help with the dishes or clean their rooms, they think I am abnormal asking them to actually do something to help around my house. This current generation of youth are the laziest, self righteous and most useless bunch of kids to inhabit this planet.

Taking skin color out of the argument I think I can understand what the rev. is actually saying without getting up on some high horse crying and screaming racism from the top of my lungs like most will upon reading the Rev claims.

Society today has bred a generation of Kids that are utterly and totally useless and use every excuse under the sun to get out of doing anything that involves having to sweat and toil to earn your keep. No its easier to stick your hand out all the time and blame someone else for your indispositions.

Ummm....

Are you blaming the children? If new youth is the laziest, than it's because of the practices of the old youth that bred them.

And it's so not even true, that new "youth" is any lazier than any of you. If you have brat children, it's your fault -- not society's.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There is plenty of blame to go around.
When you follow the blame trail it leads to a war being fought over our children's minds.
It's been happening for so long it's become a fine art for the rulers.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
At this rate, We will all be plantation workers, because work is good for you!!!

You make a good point.
However i bet people would pay to get to work on a plantation for a weekend.
Nothing forced just getting hands in the dirt.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Thats just jesse lees way of saying to HIS community:
remember your roots?
git off your welfare slave butts and stand up and get into the game....
before the game is over

the snide comments that he is advocating slavery are obviously from folks who have never listened to him, and have NO clue about the man...comparing him to Newt also means they don't have a clue about their own plantation owner's man either...

get on the ball...vote Paul or not at all
edit on 18-1-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

edit on 18-1-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

top topics

join