It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is finally here: Electronic Chips for your brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
A wide range of possibilities have just emerged due to newly designed and invented Electronic Chips "for your brain" at Tel Aviv University. The chip is designed to read brain signals, and also send brain signals. Researchers believe that these chips can even replace the damaged parts of the brain.

What does this mean?

This chip can be used for variety of purposes: Since it can send and read brains signals, it can be used to control robotics through your brain. This is a great story for disabled people, if the technological advancement is in a steady pace, within a decade or two, we will see robotic legs, arm and even full body, controlled by you through the chip.

That is not the only door opened by this chip:

They hope the technology could in the future help people suffering from brain malfunctions such as Parkinson's disease - by replacing damaged or malfunctioning tissue with chips that perform the same function.

Mintz has already successfully implanted a robotic cerebellum into the skull of a rodent with brain damage, restoring its capacity for movement.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I would wait a bit before allowing something like that in my brain if I needed it, at least until I was sure there was a fail safe or something in the technology. Sounds promising, but it also sounds like it can be abused.

new topics

join