It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian actress banned from homeland after naked magazine shoot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Again, you have not provided any evidence except some voices that oppose the majority.
I can also give you many experts both scientists and within the government who say aliens and UFO’s exist, so what…?

You can’t definitively prove that you are right and for the sake of the argument lets say that neither can I.

One main difference:
If your are wrong we have religious extremist regime that holds an atomic bomb.
If I am wrong a religious extremist regime is replaced and freedom is given to the Iranian people. I think in their last revolution attempt in the recent elections, which was subdued with extreme force and brutality by the current Iranian government made it very clear where their people stand.

So Stop running around in circles and arguing for the sake of arguing. If you have any concrete evidence post it. If not, move on and stay on the subject…

You have been served

Dracula out

edit on 19-1-2012 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Funny that on another thread you posted one of your so called experts who actually does think Iran is making or already has a bomb.
You are detached from reality and luckily people like you who are oblivious to the current events are not in government or the majority who dictate policy.

2:45min in case you missed it. So who is picking and choosing information.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Again, you have not provided any evidence except some voices that oppose the majority.
I can also give you many experts both scientists and within the government who say aliens and UFO’s exist, so what…?

You can’t definitively prove that you are right and for the sake of the argument lets say that neither can I.

How about you give me some experts and scientists who agree with your views here, instead - and I'm not looking for politicians as they have their own agendas. And when those who oppose this elusive "majority" you keep mentioning are experts in their associated fields, up to and including the US Secretary of Defense - such an argument is shown to be more than a little silly, and honestly beneath you.

And how about we say I've been willing to provide expert testimony while you haven't, instead?

One main difference:
If your are wrong we have religious extremist regime that holds an atomic bomb.
If I am wrong a religious extremist regime is replaced and freedom is given to the Iranian people. I think in their last revolution attempt in the recent elections, which was subdued with extreme force and brutality by the current Iranian government made it very clear where their people stand.

Consider further - if you're as wrong on the motivations and intent of Iran as Israeli intelligence seems to imply you are, YOUR solutions will drive these people to have the bomb - or whatever other deterrent capacity they can achieve...as well as making this nation act irrationally - which Dagan and the others say they are not at risk of doing if not provoked:

Mr. Dagan had vigorously opposed an attack and expressed his position publicly after retiring earlier this year. Gabi Ashkenazi, former armed forces chief of staff, also reportedly opposed an attack.

Opponents to an attack plan say that Iran, as a rational state, would not launch a nuclear assault that would ensure a retaliatory Israeli strike on its cities, including holy sites.

So, to rephrase your flawed little thought process here - if I'm right and we keep pushing Iran without any valid justification, we intensify their search for destructive capacity as well as unbalance them enough to lash out - leading us into a response which almost assuredly draws in Israel on our side, as well as a likely coalition of Russia and China against us all, and World War III ensuing becomes a very real possibility.

Additionally, if I'm right, and we stop rattling sabres at Iran, they are left with less incentive to seek the bomb in the first place, and infinitely less incentive to use it if they do get it (or already have it). Cooler heads prevail, our intelligence capacity and defensive structure is in no way challenged.

Now, let's look at your "if I'm wrong scenario" - you talk about giving them freedom and replacing extremist regimes, but have you ever bothered to stop and look at our track record on this topic? Ridiculous.

When we bring "democracy" and "freedom" to nations, it's usually at the cost of a minimum of tens of thousands dead, a wrecked infrastructure, leaving an even more unstable and unpleasant power in control, and even more animosity for the american people. And if you've forgotten history, our tinkering in Iran is exactly WHY they've got the government they now have - we helped the Shah displace Mosaddegh in the '50s, gave them an oppressive regime which led to them taking our hostages and having a revolution, and ended up with religious fanatics in power - and has given them reasons to hate us for almost 60 years now.

You think somehow, despite our numerous failures, THIS TIME we'll do better? Give me a break...

So Stop running around in circles and arguing for the sake of arguing. If you have any concrete evidence post it. If not, move on and stay on the subject…

No one's running around in circles here, I've been addressing your misunderstandings consistently and without malice - but as long as you continue to spout your garbage, I'll continue to challenge it. You appeal to concrete evidence, but I'm the only one in this discussion who's provided ANY, and what I've provided shoots holes in your claims as it's coming from high-level experts in all related fields.

You have been served

What is it LIKE in this world you've created inside your own head, exactly? Tell me, other than your repeated claims backed up by exactly *nothing*, what have you provided to "serve" me, exactly? Have you shot down the claims made by the various sources I've provided? Have you proven them incorrect?

No...so please quit trying to amuse me, it's not working well.
edit on 1/23/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Funny that on another thread you posted one of your so called experts who actually does think Iran is making or already has a bomb.
You are detached from reality and luckily people like you who are oblivious to the current events are not in government or the majority who dictate policy.

So you're NOT incapable of a little research - impressive. However, as you yourself are so fond of pointing out, not everyone agrees - in this case, Lt. Col. Shaffer IS disagreeing with other experts: he's agreeing with our Secretary of Defense, he's disagreeing with current and former Mossad chiefs in Israel, and so forth.

However - did you bother to notice what he's NOT disagreeing with? He's not disagreeing with Ron Paul's foreign policy - which is the same one I'm touting here. He says Paul understands the financial realities of this situation, and that he offers the best approach to the Iran situation...which is NOT the approach you're espousing. And, by extension, he does not disagree with the Mossad chiefs who say Iran IS entirely rational in this situation - unless pushed.

So, trying to score points in this discussion, you lend my position further support. Was that intentional, or did you just not see it coming?

You have yet to provide anything confirming the opinions you keep repeating here, and most of the people I've referred to ARE in government in one way or another - unfortunately, those "who dictate policy" continue to not listen to them. Don't you ever wonder at the constant appeals to mysterious "laptop harddrive files" coming from suspect sources, and various intelligence that isn't well sourced (and in previous cases, is found out not to be true after the fact)?

Yes - those who dictate policy have simply done a smashing job of it, creating the current Iranian regime in the first place by way of meddling in their affairs since '53, driving us to the edge of economic ruin, escalating incidence of suicide and PTSD in our military for no good reason, engendering hatred for us while scattering our military to the four winds and leaving our gates wide-open here at home (with a running war with the cartels on our southern border), and so forth..

Good lord.
edit on 1/23/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join