Iran Preparing for Submarine Ambush of US naval forces

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
english.farsnews.com...

Speaking to FNA on Wednesday, Lieutenant Commander of the Iranian Army's Self-Sufficiency Jihad Rear Admiral Farhad Amiri said that Iran has the best electronic diesel submarines of the world, adding that enemies, the US in particular, are most focused on Iran's astonishing subsurface capabilities. Amiri underlined that significance of submarines are not just indebted to their arms and equipment, "rather the tactical issues are very important", given the geographical specifications of the waters surrounding the county.

While I know that the US Navy has a superior sub capability one only has to look at joint Australian-US exercies to see where this can lead to:

Business Insider saying the same:
Business Insider

(Thanks to CorruptionExposed)
edit on 18-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Wait...so Iran is preparing an assault on our navy? Is that how you think WW3 is going to start?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I was hoping to go one day without an escalation in saber rattling.

The Iranian regime has had its hands full recently having to deal with multiple accusation, even Turkish intelligence is accusing them of planning attacks on the US embassy in Turkey. I recall an Israeli news source claiming that military officials were convinced Iran will share its nuke tech with Hezbollah and Hamas. This soap opera is getting pretty dramatic.

I don't see this situation in Iran ending in anything else but war.

Part of me is wishing there will be a peaceful resolution, but that will never happen.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Ah this thread should be good....

...but it's the US Navy, they've got warp drive and force fields...

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
They said it was an exersize. Didnt see a thing about ambush or ww3.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Regardless of how anyone believes the US will get their butts kicked (LULZ!) This would be extremely unwise on Iran's part.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes it was an exercise but this is in preparation for the war in the eventuality that Iran is attacked they need a recourse of action. This is training, I am not saying that Iran will fire the first shot, this is a training exercise and we may see it in action if a war breaks out.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Nice vid was a good watch thanks

Better take cover, americans may have the tech but they got stuffed on this one

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Not really news - and shouldn't' be in skunkworks either IMO - all militaries "wargame" scenarios - and the Iranians would have to be completely thick not to have plans for using their subs vs the USN!

And whatever you may think of their politics, society and religion, I do not think it is fair to characterise the Iranian military as completely thick!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
That was an excellent video. There has been quite a lot of concern about diesel subs and their ability to remain silent compared to a nuclear sub. And the song at the end was a superb victory signal. I would have loved to seen the faces of the sonar operators on the US ships and sub.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I was thinking that Iran could make prerecorded copies of the sounds its submarines makes and leave these speakers on the sea floor as to spoof the US acoustic sensors. Any Acoustic warfare officers can gain insight into this?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
the americans dont always get it right

www.youtube.com...

sorry its only meant in jest

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Really Iran? I was in the Navy and support all the Armed Forces and especially the fleet. Sure Iran can get lucky and hit and maybe even sink a few our warships but I can promise that is all they will get and they will be pay a hefty price. Iran might be foolish but they aren't stupid

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I was thinking that Iran could make prerecorded copies of the sounds its submarines makes and leave these speakers on the sea floor as to spoof the US acoustic sensors. Any Acoustic warfare officers can gain insight into this?

Most US Anti-Sub Warfare tactics, intel, and devices are classified for good reason. The fact is detecting subs underwater both nuclear and diesel/electric is extremely difficult.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

If they get attacked, they have no choice but to defend themselves.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
They do not want this war with iran , just from the fear of russia and china defending iran. America and nato are trembling at the prospect of an all on war with these 2 power houses. All they can do is covert operations and point the finger everywhere. Just like syria and they will not get involved like how they did with libya . Russia and china abstained their vote for libya , I think russia and china are getting sick of these western pieces of # thinking they can do what they want when they want. Go Ahead america and nato go and pick a fight with the big boys . Seems kind of silly seeing how every war the americans have been involved since ww2 have been getting their asses kicked by small rouge armies.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

It's curious to see this story coming up on the heels of the blog by Jim Fetzer [former Marine Corps officer] and Joshua Blakeney, in which they posit a "false flag" attack done to make it LOOK like Iran did it.

Several warnings of an imminent “false flag” attack by the Israeli-influenced United States on one of its own warships, which will be attributed to Iran, have been reported by several reliable sources. In recent years “false-flag” terrorism has been utilized multiple times by US and Israeli political actors to provide pretexts for otherwise unjustifiable, anti-Islamic military excursions. The plan is to justify an all-out assault on Iran based upon a new fabricated “Pearl Harbor”.

Former Israeli intelligence officer, Avi Perry, startlingly wrote in a January 9th Jerusalem Post article of a forthcoming “ ‘Pearl Harbor’ scenario, in which Iran [will] launch…a “surprise” attack on the US navy,” giving the US “the perfect rationalization to finish them [Iran] off.” Tellingly, Perry chose to put the word “surprise” in quotation marks. Is Perry telling us something? Perry asserts: “[an] Iranian attack on an American military vessel will serve as a justification and a pretext for a retaliatory move by the US military against the Iranian regime.” However, Perry identifies “a US aircraft carrier” as the likely target of this imagined Iranian attack.

jamesfetzer.blogspot.com...

My perception, however, is that none of the players who are beating their breasts and thumping the war drum yet again, will succeed. Forces much more enlightened will see to that. If there is any WW3 at hand, it is between those 144,000 or so who harbor incredible evil on this planet and the REST of humanity.
edit on 18-1-2012 by earth2mayavision because: name correction

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
LOL Old German diesel subs... US Navy won't need sonar, they can hear them coming.
Btw, you dont think US has subs in the region? Bet there are a whole fleet watching the area.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

These are irans domestic diesel-electric subs that they manufacture at home, not imported from outside, although they do have a few outside ones.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

<<   2 >>

join