It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did he knew about a coming doomsday when he wrote this in 1936?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
(Mods: Didn't know where to put this, you have to many forums!
- but pls move if necessary)

"Let's Face the Music and Dance" is a song written in 1936 by Irving Berlin, died 1989 - at an age of 101! I just heard Ella Fitzgerald sing it on the radio recently and the lyrics made me think of a coming.... DOOMSDAY!!!! Bam-bam-bam! I was in ATS-mode so I couldn't help reading between the lines within the lines
What do you think?

Lyrics:

There may be trouble ahead
But while there's music and moonlight (moonlight and music) and love and
romance
Let's face the music and dance

Before the fiddlers have fled
Before they ask us to pay the bill, and while we still have that chance
Soon, we'll be without the moon

Humming a different tune - and then... There may be teardrops to shed
So (But) while there's music and moonlight (moonlight and music) and love and
romance

(Let's face the music and dance, dance)
(Let's face the music - let's here that music)

(Oh, and if you are about to post a comment just to be rude and with no insight to give, you can instead think of how I felt today when I found out that I just had a miscarriage. That's right.. It's while since I made a thread and its mostly because I am afraid of mockery and general unpoliteness that many threadmakers have to suffer when they make a thread they consider serious. It gives me the creeps. I am a human being and so are you, don't forget that. Words hurt no matter how they are conveyed or how much they get removed by the mods)

LOVE!

edit on 18-1-2012 by creatureme because: editpiaf

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Bright Blessings,

Des
edit on 18-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

link   
Not sure. But I love the version by Nat King Cole.

link   
Sounds like a bit of a stretch after reading the lyrics. Doomsday prophets and dates have been around forever stretching truth to fit their doomsday scenario.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

I'm terribly sorry for you loss today, its very painful. Noting your post I can honestly say that it 'could' be about doomsday or remember at that time frame the war was starting up in Europe with the Nazis.It could really be about anything bad about to come our way in truth. But for sure it doesn't sound like happy song.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The hardest part about the mockery on here is the fact that when given back to those who dish it out, they squeal to the mods like they have been victimized, forgetting to mention their instigations. You monkey boys out there know who you are.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Sorry to here about your miscarrage. My wife had a few before we were blesses with Claire, and Merrek.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
About the song: No, too general, there will always be good and bad times in the future no matter what, its the safest bet on earth to simply hint of hard times ahead and it be relevant.

As far as todays issues. Biology can be a jerk at times, but nature does this so when you do have a little tyke, it is a strong person able to survive outside. very common, sort of like starting a baking project, you mess up the initial ingredients so you toss it and start over. Just start over, eventually the ingredients will be perfect and its oven time...then 18 years of xboxes, being cool, demanding allowance, etc.

You will have the child you are meant to have..no rushing the process, it will happen, so don't sweat the false starts (as frustrating as they are)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
By 1936 many could see that trouble was coming for Europe.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I feel alot is inapropriate here.. I feel you are too happy for the news.. Go seek some counciling, because this op scream "help!"

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
I feel alot is inapropriate here.. I feel you are too happy for the news.. Go seek some counciling, because this op scream "help!"

Wow, not sure if what you say is right, or if that was out of line.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

1936 was the high point of the Nazi's and Hitler'sThird Reich....simply look at the 1936 Olympics held in Berlin.

The Jews and anyone else who was non Aryan in Germany were already being terrorized and numbered.

Irving Berlin being Jewish was pointing this out apparently ....and he was exactly correct in that there was trouble ahead...for those of Jewish extraction living in Europe.

Good song ....I love that big band Jazz sound....it must be a past life thing for it seems to touch my soul.

Peace

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well, yes.
World War II was on the horizon. Hitler was putting his mark on Germany. After all, the signs were all there and World War I was hardly forgotten by that time. And if you dismiss that explanation, simply cite the world-wide depression.

(I guess they don't teach much history anymore, at least about the cause and effect of wars and economic manipulation.)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
please do not post about misfortunes such as yours, it sets yourself up for harsh comments and hateful words, if you do not want to be ridiculed do not put yourself in that position for it. not bashing you or anything just giving you advice, as the general public pretends to care but in truth nobody truly cares once they click out of this tab.

new topics

top topics

join