It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contact Your State Reps: Help Stop SOPA/PIPA. I Did!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm in my mid 40's, and I've always been politically aware, but not very active ( Yes, I do vote ).
Like many people, I've felt that my input won't be heard, or my vote won't count because the system is corrupt, etc., ( I mean, I am after all a long-time member here at Above Top Secret. ), but I have always paid attention to the issues, and looked for information through alternative news sources.
Well, today, for the first time in my life, I contacted my State Representatives to tell them to oppose SOPA/PIPA. I have never contacted a State Rep over any issue, but I feel that SOPA/PIPA will legalize the type of censorship that we see in China and North Korea. This is not a Liberal/Conservative/Right/Left issue. This is about freedom of speech, and the free-flow of accurate, uncensored information. SOPA/PIPA will also hurt web-based commerce on all levels.
Please take the time to participate and take action! If you don't, you may not even be on ATS a year from now because it won't be here.
Go to Wikipedia, and type in your Zip Code. The contact information for your State Reps will come up. It's easy to do, and doesn't take much time.
Thank you for your time.

join