It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Off My Bumper!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I know what you mean...I had my car parked and this woman driving
a honda van backed into my rear bumper.I had cosmetic damage to
my car and hers was messed up.I drive a volvo V70 stationwagon.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I would like to have a new pickup truck!
A pretty shade of blue or maybe red,I'm
not talking wine-red either,bright,cherry
red!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I hear ya!

I was just saying this today. I have a manual and people love to get right on my butt at a light or on an incline then they are freaking and honking when I roll back slightly when the light turns green. I want yell "get off my butt!" I don't understand why people do this either. I always stay a car link behind because it you have to stop suddenly you have more time to avoid the car infront of you! People are crazy.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by Akragon

Most roads have cctc, if your seen doing that you'll get booked for dangerous driving and rightly so because tailgaters often have their kids in the car and its not their fault the drivers a plonker.

Not in canada my friend...

Here you rear end someone, its ALWAYS your fault...

Tailgating IS dangerous driving... a hit from the back can fracture a persons neck...

It doesn't matter who is in the car... IF said person cared about the other people in the car they wouldn't drive like a F**ktard in the first place... and if said person's kids happen to fly out the window when they rear end someone... Involuntary manslaughter charge... FTW

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

A couple of years ago,a woman ran the redlight because she
was late picking up her kids.She ended up killing a young woman,
a 5 year old and injuring a pregnant woman,because she ran the
redlight.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I hate that too. It happened on a desolate mountain road one time before too. So you know what I do...I purposely slow down, break or pull over to the side, then they can't do it anymore especially if I pull to the shoulder and "make" them pass.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I agree, in Australia we call it tail gating and it is againt the law but people still do it.

Best tip is to slow right down and just touch your brakes or start driving a little erratically: sometimes it is better to appear like you a drunk driving. It really works. I also bought a bigger car too with a bull bar on the back.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

S & F

She was most likely in a big hurry to get home to catch the latest on OWN. They were probably having a special on Reckless drunk drivers she didn't want to miss and doesn't have TiVo...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I just take my foot off the gas and let the car slow down.... even if it comes to a complete stop...

Then they pass me swareing like an idiot... Always good for a laugh

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yeah, I always have somebody riding my butt where I live, We have a lot of 2 lane secondary roads here.

Slowing down sometimes works, sometimes not...

My car has an antenna on the back of the roof that points backwards, about windshield height of the car behind me.

I've always fantasized about rigging that antenna to shoot a spray of WD-40 or a similar light oil at the car behind me to "lubricate" their windshield for them..

But of course, I'd NEVER do THAT!

Prolly illegal anyways......

"If" you get caught....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I believe that people tailgate for a reason. They are lost and need some one to lead them. They are sheep and need a shepard to help them find their way. I always try to give them the help that they crave. I slow down ,then I speed up, then I slow down , then I speed up again. I continue to lead them until they get the idea. They always do eventually. If not then at least I have a good time pissing them off.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

One of the main reasons I think why people tailgate,everyone
is always in a hurry.They may be running late to work,picking
up the kids,Dr's appointments,soccer practice...
They may even be in a bad mood and take it out on you.I also
feel that most people view the rules and laws of driving as guidelines
instead of true laws.
I love it when everyones' halos are glowing whenever a police car is
around.Then everyone is behaving like good little boys and girls.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Where I live the cops will tailgate you for miles trying to get you to make a mistake. I just look at them in my mirror and laugh at them. If I did to them what they do to others I would get a ticket. They seem to particularly enjoy doing it to older folks.When my dad was in his seventies and eighties they used to do it to him. He used to smile and wave at them. Then they would leave him be.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I know a girl who drives like that. She drives so close behind the person in front of her. So unsafe. I just don't get it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

LOL . One of my favorites is when people who cant or do not understand road signs and stop in a free flow turning lane. A truck full of hot asphalt doesn't stop very quickly. And sometimes they look like they will go and just stop lol I am not sure who it scares more them or me. The scariest thing was some lady with a suv full of kids cut infront of me at a stop light. I stopped within two inches from her bumper. The words that were flying out of my mouth.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

A problem that I have sometimes while driving is being
behind a big truck that blocks the signs and traffic lights.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

So use commonsense back off so you can see . Not to sound rude but that is poor driving habit if you can't see the mirrors then the trucker can't see you . Also if that truck has to stop short for what ever reason I really hope you are paying attention if you are following a truck that close.

edit on 18/1/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join