It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another addiction, conspiracy theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The Daily Herald

Americans seem to thrive on conspiracy theories. Whether it's the assassination of Abraham Lincoln or John F. Kennedy, the connection between Al Qaida and Timothy McVeigh, the disaster at Waco, a government cover-up of UFOs or the fake moon landing of 1969, the suspicious and the paranoid can be counted upon to cook up scenarios and point to "evidence" calling official explanations into question.

It's like an addiction.

The latest drug of choice for conspiracy buffs is the so-called "documentary" 911 In Plane Site, which touts "amazing video and photographic evidence" illustrating that what the government says happened on Sept. 11, 2001, could not have happened. The producers would have us believe that unanswered questions abound, that pictorial evidence and eyewitness testimony show the possibility -- even probability -- that the government staged the whole thing (play Twilight Zone music here).

www.harktheherald.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
howdy..

already found here :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I have ordered the video and will comment upon it when I have watched it; hopefully very soon.

I note that the author of the referenced article says "A little suspicion of the government is a healthy thing as long as one doesn't get carried away." That pushes my closed-mindedness-alert button.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
The Daily Herald

the connection between Al Qaida and Timothy McVeigh

The share in the brainwash budget allocated to "conspiracy theories" used to discredit the obvious truth is increasing proportionally to the extent of the lies that the conspirators now resort to.

One of the earlier examples was the role assigned to the CIA site whatreallyhappened.com, to make people believe that "the connection between Al Qaida and Timothy McVeigh" was what they should check, instead of the simple fact that the media just denied any opportunities for McVeigh to express and during his trial they used the trick of the "defense" lawyer that says that McVeigh said that ....
Note : the conspirators wanted to use the same trick in the "trial" of Milosevic, from the beginning; they made the mistake to allow for some minutes of TV coverage in Serbia as the process opened, with Milosevic defending himself; so it took more than one year until the "defense" lawyer trick was implemented.

kix

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
his so called new addiction I guess...is derived in my point of view from some facts:

1.- Th eUS goverment has been caught with thepants down to some really shameful facts like the killing of JFK, the Iran contras, the infiltration of Chilean Gov in 1973 to overthrow Allende etc etc etc, right till today in the WMD fiasco.

So firts you have a Gov. that every now and then has the credibility of Mickey mouse.

2.- Since the Oklahoma bombing its been the job of the media to propagate the "we are not safe anymore feeling" to the US population. Then on 9-11 they #ched to high gear, NOTING HAS HAPPENED since 9-11in the US, and they keep saying, Higg alert, tomorrow, bla bla bla dont do this, expecta this or that, you have been frghtenned like Dick Chenney who said last week "if Bush doesnt get reelected there will be major attacks"

3,- A lot of stuff is unclear of 9-11, of afganisthan and Irak invasions.
One quick example, why an alleged 757 was allowed to fly highjacked for more than 45 minutes, The US is supposed to be the most powerfil nation with the most impostan military corps ever and also over the nation capital.

Those things alone are ripe for suspicion and conspiracy tehorist...so I could give even more examples.

that is why? YES

new topics

top topics

join