It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... who here has signed the Google petition against SOPA and PIPA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
And... is there somewhere else to sign up?
If these trashy bills get passed, I don't know... I'm guessing that it's the beginning of the end.
This country makes me want to puke.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

you should post a link so members who have not signed can.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Mozilla/Firefox has a link on their main page, which I signed. Also, American Prepper page has a link.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I didn't sign the Google petition, but I've sent mail to three of my state's major representatives. It's very simple, if you don't want to write a letter or grab their office's phone, then most senators/representatives have "quick forms" on their websites. You can fill these out electronically and state your concerns. The letter will then be counted as part of their constituency they are forced to represent.

I forget what the number is for "every letter sent in", but they assign a hundred or so "people" in their constituency to each 'letter', because not enough people write in. It's just assumed that if enough people write in, they represent more than themselves. So it's worth a few minutes at least, to type something up.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Why is recurrent for political ideals and such suddenly okay on ATS when its something the site owner is against?

Recruitment for political purposes is clearly not okay with ATS terms of service, yet SOPA boycotting is getting a pass...

Im against SOPA myself but its just funny how all the "lets join and sign such and such" threads are banned normally...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I signed it, but I doubt much will come of it. I don't have much faith in anything positive anymore.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Why is recurrent for political ideals and such suddenly okay on ATS when its something the site owner is against?

Recruitment for political purposes is clearly not okay with ATS terms of service, yet SOPA boycotting is getting a pass...

Im against SOPA myself but its just funny how all the "lets join and sign such and such" threads are banned normally...

I much as I support the petition to deny SOPA, i have to agree here, i have has many a thread trashed for
posting "Political Causes".

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yea, I guess it is technically "recruiting", but SOPA and PIPA are pretty awful. It's a bit hypocritical, but given the nefarious nature of these bills and the overwhelming disdain for them from nearly every domain owner and humble e-business operator, it's just given a pass.

I think the T&C is usually applied to more trivial things, or 'recruiting' that is selfish in nature. "Come help me advertise my website", for instance. So a bit of 'sense and restraint' is applied.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Theres plenty of "pretty awful" things that deserve to be fought against.

I know that somethings are worth breaking the rules, and law for...

Its just a little funny, that this is something that would directly hurt site revenue and such, and require them to take a hit financially.

ATS bans all kinds of "Free Speech" All the time, Im sure a large portion of the sites members have had threads removed while expressing their "Free Speech"

Its just ironic to me...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lapislazuli
reply to post by MrUncreated

you should post a link so members who have not signed can.

Link to additional thread

Don't forget to Tell Congress: Please don't censor the web!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I did. It was too easy, and took all of half a minute to do.
There's no excuse not to.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I did, and I even called my state rep in Indiana.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

HA i was waiting a for a member to post this! Star for you!

I know the irony is killing me.
S.O even adjusted the T&C a few weeks back making this a violation.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

true but you still have the self pleasure of saying yes i did it did you, and the right to ask why and say "then do not blame me for your lack off acting" one can not do it alone , it takes the voice er vote, and the act of many. and yes i did sign it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This topic already exists here

Google Launches Online Petition to Stop SOPA & PIPA
edit on 1/18/2012 by DarknessMatters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I signed it. I also signed SO petition to the White House to veto it too.

top topics

join