It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NC community college on lock down - CVCC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

NC community college on lock down - CVCC

www.wbtv.com

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Police in Hickory have evacuated a Hickory-area college after two campuses were placed on down after say a possible gunman was spotted in the parking lot .
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.facebook.com

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Anyone have any more news on this that lives around the area? My girlfriend is in one of the classes there, they are currently on lock down. She doesn't know any more about it than I do. So far rumors are going around this is over an ex girlfriend or something, I'm not quite sure as its all speculation from scared students. If anyone has any current news on it please comment and leave a link. Thanks.

www.wbtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Thesickness

holy moley - I wouldn't go to school now unless I had a bulletproof vest on. F*ck that!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Person in the school just confirmed they released him and that there were 2 gunmen, one of which the police have caught. The other has a hostage in a room and they have him surrounded. Rumor has it that it is his ex-gf/wife/partner etc...

This was a comment on the page you linked.

Looks like this may turn out to be another domestic issue turned south. Prayers go out to those involved and I hope this does not turn out badly.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Must be a Virginia Tech transfer.

In all seriousness though....the world has gone mad. Crazy and mad.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Thanks for the update...I was thinking it was another knee jerk over-reaction to make an full tactical deployment out of a mistaken eyewitness or some goober shifting locations for his weapon in the vehicle (Don't ask why that comes to mind..some idiots need to mind their own business
)

It sounds like this might be the real deal though... Here is hoping they kill the hostage taker and leave everyone else unharmed and in good health. Enough with the cost of trying these fools when it's 100% red handed Gotcha in the act of victimizing other people. Taking them alive is really a concern I'm sure the public can overlook occasionally.

edit on 18-1-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm

Must be a Virginia Tech transfer.

In all seriousness though....the world has gone mad. Crazy and mad.

This from 1966 -

amy-sillup.suite101.com...

The world has always had crazy it is just that there are more people now ( bet the percentage is the same) and we have "better reporting".

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I've got no updates yet, the wbtv site earlier said police began evacuating the main campus around 30 min ago. My gf said they told them it began an hour ago. Miss communication somewhere I suppose. Thanks for your thoughts and concerns, ill keep this up to date as I find out anything new.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Up in Boone, seen people talking about it, mainly just wondering if they caught the guy.
Can't find out anything else about it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
My gf made it out safe, she will be ariving here soon, anything she tells me that hasn't been posted ill put up when she leaves. If anyone gets any more info before then please post. Thanks again ats'ers

new topics

top topics

join